Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But I don't think we know if it is over dues or fines. I think you can dispute fines. We did, and successfully. They tried to force us to take out a beautiful, old tree, that was originally planted by the developers of the housing development. We didn't want to because it was beautiful, shaded our home, and would be very expensive to remove. We won after we threatened to take it to court. And we had racked up hefty fines by then, which they dropped.

Our HOA doesn't have the legal authority to issue fines. I think our state law limits their power after 25 years in existence. The Watts' neighborhood is so new, I can't imagine what they would be getting fined for doing.

People lie for no reason all the time. I personally know a couple of people who lie for absolutely no good reason. And she may have played it off as HIM wanting another child and talking him into it when the opposite was true....to carry on the "perfect he is the best husband" game. I don't know....I just know oops sounds like an "accident".
oops does sound like an accident. But I know a ton of people that buy shirts just because they like the sayings or think they are funny. I have friends that lie without even knowing they are doing it. It's like breathing for them. But I have never known them to lie without being asked a question. And because I grew up with them, I call them out on it every time.
I could be wrong but their lifestyle, does not suggest they were worried about money. Even after the bankruptcy, their lifestyle didn't seem to change. Again, I will be very surprised if there isn't another woman.

The timeline is what keeps throwing me off. She didn't get home until 2 a.m., why wasn't he asleep since he had to get up in a few hours to be at work? Who has emotional conversations at 2 in the morning?

Exactly! If you have to leave for work at 5:30 am, why stay up until 2 am waiting for her to get home.....unless you were waiting up to kill her. I think he was really fuming by the time she got there because it was messing up his plans and timeline.

If 50 people show up to the reveal party. Then of course a good 10 of them already know.

But in all honesty. I think she wanted these parties and 6week family vacation trips and everything else because she probably didn't want to be alone with this dude for too long without dates being set just in case she goes missing in between. Jmo

Dear Dexter,

I hadn't thought of this. Good insight (as usual)

I wonder what happened between her (seemingly intentionally) getting pregnant with baby #3 and her taking the kids to NC to stay with her family for the summer. I agree with you that she had decided to leave, which had to be very difficult for her in her position.
How many weeks pregnant was SW when she went to NC for 6 weeks?

I wonder if there was some feeling of jealousy here about how much time and energy she gave to "her people". He mentions that in the interview, like if she doesn't call me back that is fine but not calling her people back, that was really concerning.

Also, the planned name for the baby, Nico.... Nicole.... named after her maybe?

Were her people possibly a bigger part of her life than he would have liked? Like he may not have felt he was #1 to her or something? Obviously no excuse AT ALL, I'm just speculating here.

I read almost all of this, but I did miss a few pages, so I apologize if that was already mentioned.
That quote stood out to me too, he just sounded resigned to the fact. "Her people" just seems like an odd term.

I don't think it was intentional....not on his part anyway, even tho she claimed he had talked her into it. If it was, why would her shirt say "oops....we did it again". Oops implies it was an "accident".
In the video she posted on SM where she surprises him with the positive pregnancy test, he kisses her and says, "I guess it happens when you want it to happen." Kind of implying the "Oops" shirt was silly IMO. Also perhaps interestingly, he asks about the pink lines on the pregnancy test. He wonders if that indicates gender. She seems annoyed and says, "No, that's just the test. That's just the test."

oops does sound like an accident. But I know a ton of people that buy shirts just because they like the sayings or think they are funny. I have friends that lie without even knowing they are doing it. It's like breathing for them. But I have never known them to lie without being asked a question. And because I grew up with them, I call them out on it every time.
I could be wrong but their lifestyle, does not suggest they were worried about money. Even after the bankruptcy, their lifestyle didn't seem to change. Again, I will be very surprised if there isn't another woman.

Another woman would never surprise me.
I almost think she would have come forward by now, considering he has been arrested.
But I do think finances are a big part of it.
Many people give the "appearance" of having money when it is actually debt. People buy too much house for their income....we call it "house poor". When you work hard and the paycheck is gone before it ever comes in, it can get stressful. And they would not be able to file bankruptcy again so soon, so the stress level would be worse this time.

I just went back and watched those first interviews with CW again, specifically looking for his wedding band, after an astute sleuther brought up that it appeared to be missing, despite previously being seen in all SM postings. (It is missing, btw ~ good catch!) Something else really caught my attention this time, too... Throughout the interview, the dogs seem to be going nuts with their incessant barking! I've never been closely involved with a K9 search team, but wouldn't those highly-trained dogs only be barking like that if they were alerting their handler to something? I think LE knew very early on what happened in that house, and didn't have a rough time breaking CW.

I think those dogs often just bark like mad. They're excited doing their jobs. I think they alert in different ways when they find something.

I don't think it was intentional....not on his part anyway, even tho she claimed he had talked her into it. If it was, why would her shirt say "oops....we did it again". Oops implies it was an "accident".
excellent point

I actually don't see anything that makes me believe she was leaving him. And even if she was, I think 2 am after a trip would be a bad time to tell him. I just do not think that is it.
I don't think she told him when she returned at 2 AM. I think he knew long before then, and had even perhaps killed the children before she returned. I think he waited up for her. He knew right off the top of his head that she got home "at 1:58 AM." I believe the only reason she returned to CO from NC when she did, after being away for 6 weeks, was because she had a court date in CO with their HOA that she had to appear at, and she had a business trip in nearby AZ. He hadn't seen the girls in 5 weeks, so it seemed logical for her to leave them with their dad for the weekend while she was away on business, before their court date.

I honestly can't. Lots of people have really great paying jobs, yet still live above their means. We have NO information on CW, I think that's why most are assuming the financial trouble, is all SW's fault.

There was an article this morning in the Fayetteville Observer about C.W. They interviewed his High School teacher who said he was really smart auto mechanic. The top of his class. And he was granted a $1000 scholarship to NASCAR training school in Mooresville. But he said C.W. was one of only a handful of people whom he never heard from again. He aspired to be a Crew Chief. I think if he had followed through with that he would have made a lot of money. It is probably irrelevant now, but they lived rather close to the RaceTrack in Erie. So who knows if there is any connection there. I live in Erie not far from the crime scene.

I’m familiar with the part of NC that the family was from. I’ve been visiting there my whole life because my Mom was born and raised there. Later in life my parents retired to Pinehurst, where Golf is huge and where they host the US Open every so often. The area has turned into somewhat of a retirement community with a lot of premium medical care. Could SW have taken an extended vacation there for medical reasons?

Your welcome, I only know because I'm a nurse and have a kid with asthma. However if my son ever needs his nebulizer I'm too worried about him to take a picture of him with it on and post it on social media:rolleyes:
For several years when my kids were younger, they took breathing treatments 4 times a day. At certain times of the year, I have had to do the same. Now for the most part, we only do them when we are in trouble. I worry more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes