Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been at my cabin with no service, but this check in tonight makes me so sad. I'm just so sad for Mollie :( I know her dad went back to CA, I can't even imagine.

Can NOT even imagine...his heartache and leaving...can we just imagine he gets back home and opens the door and Mollie is there and the nightmare is over.

Waaayyy back at the beginning (of threads on WS, like on the first few, IIRC), there was mention of Mollie wanting to 'bump' her bf back to the top of her (snapchat?) 'list' on SM by continually 'liking' him.
Yes, it was SC and DJ apparently is not into social media. I bet he really wishes he could remember that caption, and what she was wearing.

Abducting MT from a house would cause extended exposure for the perp. He'd have to park his vehicle either in the driveway, on the street in front of the house or at least in close proximity to facilitate easier movement of MT from house to vehicle.

A perp also wouldn't know if MT was expecting visitors; family, friends or neighbors.

A perp also might not know if there was a firearm in the house.

There also is the possibility of leaving behind organic or other possibly identifying material in the house; a Forensics dream.

Of course, the perp could have wielded a weapon and used that threat to control MT to have her quietly move herself from house to vehicle. Would she be so frightened so as not to scream or attempt escape whilst outside of the dwelling? Probably, but she being a runner it is just as likely she might believe she could outrun her abductor.

A street abduction eliminates many issues. Yes, eyewitnesses would be a potential issue but it seems a perp would feel more comfortable remaining within or as close to a vehicle as possible.
Agreed. Excellent points. I'm still thinking, in his mind "three housemates away" is a less complicated scenario than if all three are at home, ready to sound the alarm on a moment's notice if she doesn't turn up within a reasonable amount of time after running. An empty house is an asset fr his point of view. That's what I was trying to get at earlier, perhaps didn't convey it correctly.
-AC

Love the insight too. But when I was her age I would be described by friends as a runner too. But not necessarily to train. Unless I missed a post or info saying she ran events or such. At her age, I had my running routes that I did. But it was mostly to stay in shape and keep thin. I would have run in the east coast heat some summers while working on my tan. Most of my college friends had fitness routines to keep the college weight off. I could be wrong though, but just sharing my personal experience at her age
It’s been confirmed recently (I believe her Twitter?) that she was training for a half marathon.

Yes, it was SC and DJ apparently is not into social media. I bet he really wishes he could remember that caption, and what she was wearing.
I’m sure he’s devastated over that. I downloaded Snapchat last week, and from my experience, I’m not the least bit surprised that he couldn’t remember.

maybe the kid was supposed to take the bus to the library after school, and the mom didn't see her right away. still really weird and ironic, especially for it to be pinned, and for her to later go missing herself.

The interesting thing, MT indicated the cop said, "someone called me in", not "someone reported seeing who they think is a missing child." The cop made it about him. This might or might not be nitpicking, and anyone certainly may reply however they want to this, but I find that odd.

I am NOT suggesting the cop is "the killer." I am pointing out I find it odd what MT alleges the cop said. Of course, we are not privy to the entirety of the interaction and MT may have questioned the cop as to why, etc., and that led the cop to answering as he did, and that would be a valid explanation and end-of-story. As it stands, we do not know either way so, IMM, that makes this a relevant issue, however minor.

Plus the fact MT has gone missing. Certainly an odd coincidence, but maybe not.

In the Lucas Hernandez case local to me there was such a push for locals within and 30 mile radius to search private property and to call the tip line if they noticed anything out of character. That’s something that hasn’t been done in this case from what I have heard/read. After watching the local videos it’s apparent that there’s a ton of wide open spaces. Much more than here. I know they’ve had a ton of searchers but IMO it would be very difficult to search such an open area like that. You’d have to have planned grid searches. We had some amazing WS doing planning behind scenes and searching. We had to take the search areas off of the main thread in fear he was going to be moved. We were extremely close when Emily led David Marshburn to Lucas. This personally makes me believe that they do have some good solid evidence that they don’t want the public to know about. That’s the focus on the areas that they released on the website. Even though it has been a month my gut is telling me they’ve got some solid leads that Mollie is truly alive. I pray that is the case. I think by telling dad it’s best for him to go home they’re wanting someone to slip up. I know statistically speaking after this time period it’s a recovery. I’m personally not there yet. I’ve been wrong many times before in life but until something is loud and clear, concrete evidence, I’m staying here for a minute.

Going back to the facts that we have and keeping it simple. What is right in front of us that is missing?

I failed to realize it at the time the reasoning behind the confidential nature of searches for Lucas.

And I have to share with you, that group of people never gave up. Scores of people from all walks of life got up, sent kids to school and gave the remainder of their day to search for him.

I’m still not certain people understand the valiant effort put forth by so many of the residents of Wichita. It was very impressive.

And iirc searchers pulled back the day Marshburn took Glass out north of the city. Even that day they coordinated every move.

I was very impressed and humbled to watch this search from afar. It made no difference your color, weight education or religion,
Searchers were there looking for Lucas.

And if even one searcher reads this, understand every single thing you did in the search for Lucas will be remembered for a very long time

The searchers who never gave up, and who were there for Lucas the first day and to the evening of the last, AMAZING JOB. WELL DONE YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!!

:) So funny!

I tried replying and using my phone emojis and it left a weird symbol. Still getting a hang of this site.
That symbol is FEMALE.
I thought you are stating you are a female!!!:D:D

Agreed. Excellent points. I'm still thinking, in his mind "three housemates away" is a less complicated scenario than if all three are at home, ready to sound the alarm on a moment's notice if she doesn't turn up within a reasonable amount of time after running. An empty house is an asset fr his point of view. That's what I was trying to get at earlier, perhaps didn't convey it correctly.
-AC

I understood your noted points with that post. It's just that at this point I don't see this being a house invasion/abduction or known-to-MT-she-lets-him-in scenarios, which leaves street abduction, regardless of whether or not she knows the perp. I don't believe the perp would be concerned with MT being alone or not because I do not believe MT knows the perp.

If I were to believe MT knows the perp (and I may change my opinion and subscribe to this scenario) then I would agree with the 'dog-sitting alone' angle, and that might imply the perp also knows someone other than MT unless it was MT who at some point told the perp she would be dog-sitting in the future.

As this point, I believe this is a stranger abduction, but a stranger who knows OF MT as a regular-habit runner but does not *know* MT.

All smart phone batteries are bad, IMHO. However, because the Fitbit app only syncs every so often, it isn't as hard on the battery as other apps.
iphones between the cloud and apps are the worst I have seen especially since she has sm, there probably all linked to her, phone

The interesting thing, MT indicated the cop said, "someone called me in", not "someone reported seeing who they think is a missing child." The cop made it about him. This might or might not be nitpicking, and anyone certainly may reply however they want to this, but I find that odd.

I am NOT suggesting the cop is "the killer." I am pointing out I find it odd what MT alleges the cop said. Of course, we are not privy to the entirety of the interaction and MT may have questioned the cop as to why, etc., and that led the cop to answering as he did, and that would be a valid explanation and end-of-story. As it stands, we do not know either way so, IMM, that makes this a relevant issue, however minor.

Plus the fact MT has gone missing. Certainly an odd coincidence, but maybe not.

I"M CORRECTING MY POST.

I realize I misread MT's "missing child pink coat" tweet. MT indicated SHE was "called in", the cop said no such thing. I think she was referring to the person who reported they thought they saw a "missing child"... that person "called me in", must be a local phrasing, to "call someone in."

Alright. I may just push this tweet farther back on the stove.

I failed to realize it at the time the reasoning behind the confidential nature of searches for Lucas.

And I have to share with you, that group of people never gave up. Scores of people from all walks of life got up, sent kids to school and gave the remainder of their day to search for him.

I’m still not certain people understand the valiant effort put forth by so many of the residents of Wichita. It was very impressive.

And iirc searchers pulled back the day Marshburn took Glass out north of the city. Even that day they coordinated every move.

I was very impressed and humbled to watch this search from afar. It made no difference your color, weight education or religion,
Searchers were there looking for Lucas.

And if even one searcher reads this, understand every single thing you did in the search for Lucas will be remembered for a very long time

The searchers who never gave up, and who were there for Lucas the first day and to the evening of the last, AMAZING JOB. WELL DONE YOU ARE APPRECIATED!!!!
@Charliegizmo49 I agree and saw a lot of it being first hand. I live in Andover (where you know who is from) outside of Wichita. There was SO much going on behind the scenes. I didn’t search near as much as others did on foot but the effort from everyone on WS and boots on the ground was amazing.

That’s what made me think about the searching of land and all of the SM requests to do so. I actually was the one who made those SM graphics and did a lot of the contacting of businesses, news outlets, etc. That’s why I wonder why it’s not happening with this case since there is so much land.

I had to take a timeout from WS after sweet Lucas. He stole the hearts of most of us. As I get ready for bed tonight, lots of prayers going up for Mollie and her family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member