Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drive a car into a cornfield?! You missed the point entirely. There was no car nearby when she was snatched.
She was assaulted and left in the cornfield. The perp, when it was safe,
went back to his car (wherever he had left it....probably in plain view somewhere) and ditched the fit bit and the phone down the road knowing hogguy would be a perfect suspect.

Which means, this guy is familiar with Molly, her habits and with the area.
In my speculation, only.

Now I see what you're saying.

But the problem now is that either the car was parked along the road next to the cornfield (these roads really aren't that lightly travelled, chances are it would have been noticed if it were therefor more than a couple of minutes) where it would have been conspicuous; or that it was parked someplace where it wouldn't have attracted attention and the perp carried or dragged her to the cornfield.

It's totally possible that she was assaulted and dumped in a cornfield, but if that happened I just don't think it was anywhere near Brooklyn.

Last edited:
Yes - and really what would a police officer be doing in the library? I guess someone could have called a tip in about the missing girl.
I keep reading about the library. Did something happen there we know about?

Thanks Duster1979 !

I was thinking of the next morning because my initial theory (which was wrong as well) was that the abduction occurred early in the morning before she went to work.

I had thought at one time that she could have been walking to her Mom's to get the car the next morning when it was raining off and on.

Now it is clearer to me that the abduction took place the evening before and it wasn't raining.

For some reason I mixed up the rain times.

Thank you for catching that for me. :)

Yeah, there's been lots of misinformation about the rain, I finally looked it up just to satisfy my own doubts.

But the problem now is that either the car was parked along the road next to the cornfield (these roads really aren't that lightly travelled, chances are it would have been noticed if it were therefor more than a couple of minutes) where it would have been conspicuous; or that it was parked someplace where it wouldn't have attracted attention and the perp carried or dragged her to the cornfield.

It's totally possible that she was assaulted and dumped in a cornfield, but if that happened I just don't think it was anywhere near Brooklyn.

Now I am wondering - what if there wasn't a car right there?

Could the perp have left it somewhere and walked towards an isolated area he knew that Mollie jogged past? Was he hiding and watching for her, waiting to grab her and subdue her?

Did he hide a bicycle somewhere?

I thought at first that she may have been hit and dumped in the cornfields but I have taken a step back from that. I think crows and animals would have indicated where she is by now. Also, we have a farm and we had a deer die in one of the fields far away in the middle of summer and the smell was unbearable a mile away. If this was a hit and run, she was taken by the offender.

Last edited:
I keep reading about the library. Did something happen there we know about?

She has a pinned tweet about getting approached in the library by a police officer asking if she was a missing child. What I find strange is that it is pinned so that it is the first tweet you see and what she considers the most important tor interesting tweet she has done. Either something felt not right about it or maybe she quickly did it because it required no typing or calling while in the car with her abductor (the person who approached her that day).

We had a lengthy discussion about this yesterday, with explanations, if you're interested and want to go back to the last thread. I think you will find it useful.

I have new thoughts on the five locations. I mistakenly thought that police wanted information from people who had seen something unusual in those locations. That is incorrect. Police wants to hear from everyone who was in those areas between 5-10PM on July 18.

The Truck Stop and Carwash have cameras (assumption based on thread comments). Common sense dictates that some cameras are aimed at license plates for security reasons. If police hear from everyone who was at those locations, they can eliminate those vehicles, and identify vehicles of owners who do not come forward. If police can then cross-reference those unidentified vehicles with similar vehicles seen in the other three areas, they can refine the search to figure out what type of vehicle was in those areas. Once they identify a vehicle, they can identify the license if that person was at either the Truck Stop or the Carwash.

I've seen this method used before. There was a triple murder at a home where earlier in the day there was a garage sale. Police requested that all people who were at the garage sale come forward. CCTV at a nearby house captured a vehicle in the area later in the evening. The owner of that vehicle did not come forward. A few days later, that vehicle was all over the news, and a few days later the owner of the vehicle was identified. He was convicted for the murders.

It is a long game, but the process of eliminating of those who are not guilty has worked the identify those few who might be guilty. I'm optimistic that police will identify the person who abducted Mollie, but I think it will take time.

Why did police choose those five locations? I'm guessing that two locations were chosen because of CCTV (Truck Stop and Carwash), one location was chosen because it is close to the house-sit, and the two far right locations may be related to Mollie's Fitbit or cell phone.

Im guessing it was more than likely just campus security. Why in the heck are we discussing a tweet that was made a yr ago on MT twitter page. o_Oo_Oo_O

Well for me it's because she pinned it! Made it the first tweet you see and therefore what she considered important.

I have new thoughts on the five locations. I mistakenly thought that police wanted information from people who had seen something unusual in those locations. That is incorrect. Police wants to hear from everyone who was in those areas between 5-10PM on July 18.

The Truck Stop and Carwash have cameras (assumption based on thread comments). Common sense dictates that some cameras are aimed at license plates for security reasons. If police hear from everyone who was at those locations, they can eliminate those vehicles, and identify vehicles of owners who do not come forward. If police can then cross-reference those unidentified vehicles with similar vehicles seen in the other three areas, they can refine the search to figure out what type of vehicle was in those areas.

I've seen this method used before. There was a triple murder at a home where earlier in the day there was a garage sale. Police requested that all people who were at the garage sale come forward. CCTV at a nearby house captured a vehicle in the area later in the evening. The owner of that vehicle did not come forward. A few days later, that vehicle was all over the news, and a few days later the owner of the vehicle was identified. He was convicted for the murders.

It is a long game, but the process of eliminating of those who are not guilty has worked the identify those few who might be guilty. I'm optimistic that police will identify the person who abducted Mollie, but I think it will take time.

Why did police choose those five locations? I'm guessing that two locations were chosen because of CCTV (Truck Stop and Carwash), one location was chosen because it is close to the house-sit, and the two far right locations may be related to Mollie's Fitbit or cell phone.
I wonder if the property owners at some of those locations are not being cooperative. Maybe they need a little more evidence to secure a search warrant. This way the public puts the pressure on.

I wonder if the property owners at some of those locations are not being cooperative. Maybe they need a little more evidence to secure a search warrant. This way the public puts the pressure on.

I don't think there's any reason to think that the owners of the Truck Stop, the Carwash, Hwy 385 near Mollie's house-sit or any other location are not cooperating with police.

We already know that some fake social media was out there on this case so that tweet may well have been “moved” or whatever as well. It seems like a meaningless incident she made light of...I doubt it was an cop even, maybe campus or library security, asking because she had a pink coat. Good grief...jmo

Well for me it's because she pinned it! Made it the first tweet you see and therefore what she considered important.

I wonder if there's a way for Twitter to track when she pinned it.

One theory: what if it was pinned the day she went missing? What if the abductor pinned it to prove a point? Let's say she had a stalker who's been following her social media accounts. He has her phone when he abducts her, searches for that tweet, and pins it.

Close friends may be able to tell police if the tweet was pinned prior to her vanishing.

There are a few things that I know for certain.

Mollie is deeply loved and the fact that she is missing and not in her loved ones' lives right now is incredibly painful for all of them.

Their suffering is so evident in their interviews. It is almost unbearable to see the despair and anguish in their faces.

You are all on these threads because of your great compassion and caring.

I am deeply grateful to all of you for being here and sharing your thoughts, insights and kindness.

I love that this thread feels like we are all working together and sharing.

This is what I know for certain.

I don’t know much about Twitter but on FB I will like something kind of like page marking it so I can show my husband.

Regarding the rain - it’s been my opinion all along that this might be a critical consideration. It rained overnight significantly, enough so that much evidence could be washed away. But in regards to anything in the fields, nobody’s getting anywhere near those fields when they’re muddy without leaving a significant trail.

Id be very surprised if it wasn't more of a tweet of MT laughing about do I really look like a 12 yr old? Seems highly likely and secondly I can gurantee you the very first thing that LE did was comb through MT social media. I just fail to see where there is any connection whatsoever with her dissapearance.....MOO

The Truck Stop and Carwash have cameras (assumption based on thread comments). Common sense dictates that some cameras are aimed at license plates for security reasons. If police hear from everyone who was at those locations, they can eliminate those vehicles, and identify vehicles of owners who do not come forward. If police can then cross-reference those unidentified vehicles with similar vehicles seen in the other three areas, they can refine the search to figure out what type of vehicle was in those areas. Once they identify a vehicle, they can identify the license if that person was at either the Truck Stop or the Carwash.

I wonder what the average number of cars is on a Wednesday evening for a small town like Brooklyn. Process of elimination seems like it wouldn't be out of the scope. Interesting.

I don't think there's any reason to think that the owners of the Truck Stop, the Carwash, Hwy 385 near Mollie's house-sit or any other location are not cooperating with police.
It’s two areas I am thinking of and they are neither the car wash nor the truck stop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny