Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
so she was perfectly fine with going out of town, away from him for 6 weeks.

And he wants us to believe that he asks for a separation, and she immediately goes and strangles her 2 baby girls? I have a hard time believing that scenario...

Personally, I find his story, as it stands, impossible to believe.

Again, it shrieks NARCISSIST! That the only story he was capable of inventing, even to try to "justify" the brutal murder of his PREGNANT wife and the barbaric disposal of his babies in tanks of oil, portrayed his wife as so desperately distraught at the thought of not having him, her husband, that she rushed off to immediately kill her babies.

(He's so enraged by her killing their babies that he kills his PREGNANT wife? Pfft).

In my opinion, that will be retracted quite soon. There's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I am surprised that Ashley B. just "threw that out there". It's not only unprofessional but unethical. In my opinion.

In my opinion, that will be retracted quite soon. There's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I am surprised that Ashley B. just "threw that out there". It's not only unprofessional but unethical. In my opinion.
I watched some of the show and I thought she said IF she is involved in any way she will be looking at being arrested ....

Not uncommon for baby killers to have buried their children in graves w blankies and toys, posed delicately as if they were just asleep.

His actions are truly desecration of a human body and quite sadistic. I dont care if he thought he was desperate or being clever. He has a horrible dark pit in his psyche. Beyond just narcissism

It's a complete dissociation of the human being as a person, and not even a stranger

It's killing them again

This deserves a million likes!

it is so strange

in the interviews i did not see what you all saw

now that we have some nuance

i am thinking

jeezz what is he suppossed to do

admit he killed his wife he moved everything saw his wife murder his kids

i would think (sounds awful) what he did in panic would make some sense

it is done

it happened

i dont like jail

it does not change that everything that happened happened

i know you guys this sounds bad

but if you can suspend your suspcions for a minute dont ya think he was kinda freaked

he admitted to first degree murder

so he will be in jail for the rest of his life

there is really no reason for him to lie if he actually killed the kids

he is going to prison forever

From the beginning I found his emotional statement just true

now ( i know no one believes this ) just roll for a minute

that he just told a woman he did love in the past mother of two of his children that he has to go

that would be an emotional event for both of them

he totally completely admitted to first degree murder
There are two reasons for him to lie about killing his kids: to try to avoid the death penalty and to avoid being treated like a by other inmates. JMO

After telling Shannan that he wanted the marriage to end, if Shannan had run into the girls room and strangled them, and I don’t believe for a second that she did, he would have had the freedom that he wanted. Why kill her? Shannan would have gone to jail and he could live happily ever with his mistress. Also, if the murders took place in the kids room(s) why throw out a sheet from his bed?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
He also looked normal. When people are grieving, its written all over their faces. he didn't have that look. If she killed those children, he should have at least been grieving his children. He should have been traumatized that he had, had to kill SW. Instead he laughed.

Good points! If he HAD to “defend” his kids, there would have been a 911 call desperately explaining that he killed his wife because she was killing his kids and he had no choice. So this little “Oh yeah, by the way, my wife did it” thing is not too convincing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/meaww....hters-murder-scott-peterson-forensic-profiler

Interesting article comparing CW and SP. INMO SP is a far better liar, and more likeable than CW.

Killing two small children and throwing them into oil tankers is beyond depraved.

I never really thought I'd see the day in which Scott Peterson was comparably "likable" to anyone, or a day in which I started a sentence with, "Well at least Scott Peterson..."

This man has sunk to a new low on my radar. I thought the bar was already pretty low and yet CW just slithered right under it like the reptile I am having trouble not comparing him to.

He also looked normal. When people are grieving, its written all over their faces. he didn't have that look. If she killed those children, he should have at least been grieving his children. He should have been traumatized that he had, had to kill SW. Instead he laughed.
Exactly. Contrast his look with the look on shanann’s father’s face at the press conference.

Yes, it would. Perhaps he always worked out there, idk. The map showed it was Roggen, which is very rural. passed it on the highway often, since it is 20 minutes from where I live. (shiver) If he did usually work that area then considering how isolated it is, he could easily have plenty of time to go unnoticed. I'm about ready to have a good cry over this whole horrendous situation. imo,etc.
....passing a box of Kleenex

@jashrema said:
I did NOT see that explanation coming from the husband.
Now we know why husband's attys. wanted the necks swabbed. He wanted to find Shanann's prints or evidence on the girls necks. I am also wondering why the judge refused and if that will impact the case.
MAybe she tried to remove something around their neck and the lawyers want to exploit that?
Or maybe the defense wants to know if any evidence exists? Whether or not being immersed in oil for 4 days destroys evidence -- just as many of us have asked on this board. Does oil preserve or destroy?

I think LE knew he'd killed his wife and children as soon as they found her car, purse and phone at home. This would set off all the alarm bells. But they needed to prove it. Most of all, they wanted to find their bodies, for the sake of the family and for the sake of not letting him get away with it.

They didn't want to spend weeks hoping the bodies would turn up somehow. They didn't want to spend months building a case against him, while he protested his innocence.

Somehow or other, they pressured him and he broke down and admitted he had killed his wife and where they would find all the bodies. This was a huge victory for LE, they had enough to arrest him right away, put the family out of their misery.

That he didn't exactly tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth is, IMO, really not so important. They can gather further evidence as well as showing all his other lies. There's no one to confirm his story. He confessed to disposing of his children's bodies in oil storage tanks. He's toast.
I think the Frederick PD did a spectacular job making an arrest so quickly. Hopefully when the ME issues his/her final autopsy reports, it will be more nails in CW's coffin.

So the husband is having an affair, wants out of responsibilities of small children and pregnant wife, (ie marriage); tells her he wants out....then I am supposed to believe she’s so angry at him she kills her own babies to punish him for wanting to leave....when he was leaving already....killing the kids wouldn’t hurt a man that badly who already had his priorities so skewed he was chasing another woman and freedom....
Not to mention, he’s so angered by her murdering the kids, he then murders her....and dumps/hides their bodies while claiming they disappeared....may have been abducted? How could this logic have anything to do with Shannan? I just don’t get this #@$& story of his at all!

Or a Judge who allows someone on a Jury who states that her religion forbids her from judging others...

Not being snarky, but isn’t the whole point of being a juror is to decide whether someone is guilty or innocent? Wouldn’t said person be excused from jury duty? Why would a judge allow someone to sit on a jury if their religion doesn’t allow them to judge others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member