Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hoped and prayed this wouldn't be the outcome. My thoughts and prayers are with Mollie's loved ones.

Thank you to all of you for caring about Mollie and her family.

Rest In Peace Mollie.

First time poster...

I came to this site specifically to follow Mollie's case. I have to say I am impressed with all the thought and compassion I have seen on this (and the Watts') threads. Every time I think of something to consider, I have found it here, already being discussed.

That being said, I keep coming back to the idea of a hit and grab scenario. I can't say why that resonates so strongly with me, but it certainly does. Has that scenario been put to bed by other, more likely, scenarios? This feels stranger abduction to me, and I can't imagine any other way for a stranger to get her into a car without her causing a loud scene...

Which may not be a factor if the abduction site were isolated enough...

My head swims...I just hope for news every day. I hate the thought of this family not knowing what happened to Mollie, and it terrifies me that she may be suffering somewhere.

All JMO...

Welcome TasteOfRed,

Good thinking. I'm so glad you are here.

My "head swims" sometimes with this case as well.

My initial theory was that Mollie had left in the morning - much earlier than when her brother contacted her phone. She was headed to her Mom's for an early breakfast and to get the car to drive way. On the way it was raining and someone familiar to her offered her a ride. But this theory does not work for a myriad of reasons. The primary one being that, although she likely had more than one set of jogging clothes, the ones that were missing were the ones she wore during the previous evening's jog.

I do find it too much of a coincidence that the night Mollie "disappeared" would have been her second night all alone in that house.

If someone had been "watching" Mollie they would also have noticed that there were no vehicles in the driveway. Especially no work trucks. No vehicles overnight nor in the mornings.

Or was this just a coincidence?

Lately I've been thinking that perhaps someone had been watching Mollie for a long time. Perhaps someone who was home for the summer or visiting.

One of our posters, @Justice101 put forward a scenario wherein someone was hiding in the bushes and grabbed Mollie.

Was he hiding in the cornstalk field, knowing Mollie would soon be jogging by?

He grabbed her and pulled her into the cornstalks. It would have to be an isolated area and there were some along the rows and rows of corn.

In this theory, there isn't a car involved. Did the perp park the car somewhere else and walk over to the "isolated place"? Did he walk there (not using a car at all) or have a bicycle hidden close by?

My problem with the car is the question of how did he "subdue" Mollie while driving. Was chloroform involved?

If he went the wrong way and she became alarmed - she could have kicked out a window or somehow car was damaged. The police have asked the public about cars being repaired.

Was Mollie ambushed and thrown into a trunk of a vehicle? She is strong but she is also a very small person.

I keep thinking of the F.B.I.'s terms of either an "organized" offender or a "disorganized" offender.

What are others' thoughts or theories that have been percolating in your minds lately? I really want to know!

Homework and snapchat are not possible. There was no communication with Mollie after she went jogging. That means she did not touch a single tech device after possibly returning to the house-sit after jogging.

What 20 year old returns from a run and doesn't check the phone? In the scenario where Mollie returns to the house-sit after jogging, she does not use her devices - no communication.

I also believe MT never returned home, after her jogging, based on other factors previously discussed, moo. The Snapchat sent to MT'S boyfriend, when would this have been sent?

Yes, and even if the doors were locked, a 360-degree view of the house shows that it would be easier to break into than a box of Cracker Jack. Anyone who knew she would be staying there alone could enter the house and lie in wait while she was out jogging, if he could solve the problem of the dogs' presence.
If it was a friend/acquaintance he would know the dogs were locked in the basement when no one was home. This gave me another thought: These we’re young adults. I wonder if they had any house parties? This would bring people into the house who could observe the routine, learn schedules etc.
I always shied away from the abduction from the home theory because of seeming lack of evidence. There weren’t any reported signs of a struggle but if the perp were waiting right inside the door he might pull it off with the element of surprise. Also, if this were the type of house where people were always dropping in, it must be loaded with all kinds of DNA.

Matt Finn reporting on Fox News, who was on the ground in Iowa for a couple of weeks, could barely hold it together during his report just now. Everyone fell in love with her.

ETA: He reported that she was found in Iowa. Could not say where specifically and that the money for the reward will be used to fund the search for the person who killed her.

This is so sad...expected, but still. How do you explain how evil some people can be. When I read the report of a body found in the Mississippi River on Saturday, yet not identified as to gender or age, my heart stopped then. I guess it stops at every report like that. RIP Beautiful Mollie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members