Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, LE must have found her a while back and it's just been confirmed that it was her OR she was murdered recently and when they found her she was still recognizable. They wouldn't announce this unless they were sure it was her.

LE didn't announce this. it was fox news

Rest in peace Mollie. It's been a long 5 weeks. Such mixed feelings, obviously heartbroken after following this case from day 1 (by accident really-was on here looking at a different case and noticed her thread #1) but also I am relieved the family may find some sort of closure, knowing where their daughter is and being able to lay her to rest. What a difficult way to start the day. Thank you everyone here for such thoughtful insight over this last month. Now let's find justice for Mollie!!

Oh man.. This hits hard. I usually don't follow a lot of these. I believe this is the 2nd story I have ever followed. First time joining this site b/c of Mollie. Being here felt like a part of a community or family that were looking for her with the hopes that she would be found alive. This hurts bad. I hope her family finds peace soon and that whoever is responsible for this is brought to justice... This really hurts.

So heartbroken. I posted on Lizzie and Lyric’s thread 2 years after the abduction that I was so sad because I didn’t think the case would be solved. After going through that heartbreak, I posted the same thing on Libby and Abby’s thread. Last week I was about to post the same thing here, but something caused me to hold off. I’m so glad I did, as in some strange way, that gut feeling to not post my feelings, has somehow shown respect and faith in our girl that she would, even in death, persevere.

May the hammer of justice come swift and strong.

Oh no, I was really hoping this would not be the outcome. As others have said, I feel crushed, and I did not even know her! I can not imagine how those close to her feel. My hearts and prayers are with Mollie's friends and family as well as everyone involved in this case. I hope there is justice for this sweet girl.

Realistically, LE must have found her a while back and it's just been confirmed that it was her OR she was murdered recently and when they found her she was still recognizable. They wouldn't announce this unless they were sure it was her.
I agree. I suspect her parents have already ID’d her body and that’s why her father returned home.

What a tragedy. I, too, fell in love with her father and boyfriend seeing their unwavering devotion to finding her. May they find peace in knowing Mollie was adopted by so many caring and loving strangers across the nation.

Ugh this is heartbreaking but sadly what I expected. Hopefully we will find out more info today. I hope someone is in custody

Hey everyone, been lurking for awhile following this case, and this is my first post. Something about this particular case has really burrowed into my brain. The news of her being found dead not only saddened me, but greatly angered me as well. What kind of world do we live in where a 20 year old college student can't even go for a jog in her tiny hometown without having her entire life/dreams/goals completely snuffed out? I pray for her family and can't even imagine what they are going through. The word "heartbreaking" doesn't even begin to describe losing a child. I hope they find and arrest suspect soon so that Mollie's spirit and her family can receive some measure of peace in justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks