Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww this is so sad. Although expecting this, I'm heartbroken beyond words. My thoughts and prayers to her dear family and all who knew and loved her. Rest in peace, sweet beautiful girl, whom we all came to love so much.

Or the person that murdered her led them to the body...I'd think that'd be a pretty clear way to identify her?
If that's how it went down then no one would receive the reward which is now dedicated to finding her "killer".
So if a tip led to her recovery (from anyone other than the killer), it wouldn't still be on the table.
Hmmmm.
I am hoping for a quick arrest, but as usual, I am very skeptical.
jmo

Hope you are OK with me chopping to the part of your post I specifically wished to comment.

I found this particular sentiment is not accurate. First many here have been drawn here, if by SLEUTHERS you refer to members of Websleuths, because of a personal event which occurred in their lives. That event has made them hypersensitive to particular events like missing persons. The aim is not some sort of glory seeking, the aim is more fellowship and a genuine desire to help.

Are you saying LE solved Mollie's case 'by themselves"? I would like how if that is what you meant how you got there.

First - We don't know who found Mollie do we?
Second - The media, Crimestoppers, and the family's efforts all were occurring in concert with LE's efforts I find it way too early to draw such a conclusion.

Of course this is all JMOO.
By "solved it themselves" I mean they didn't aggressively engage the public and divulge every last detail as has been seemingly demanded by several people here. They engaged who they needed to engage and went to the public only in a very limited way when they felt it would help, and for what they did, they seem to be very close to solving the case doing it their way, so I don't think there is any reasonable grounds to criticize LE when/if they successfully solve the case, but just not in the way that sleuthers want them to.

I understand that people's motivation is compassion and desire to help, but in these cases I often sense a lot of frustration in communities like this one when LE doesn't engage people's desire to help, which is most often because they know more than the public does and knows that they don't need full engagement from the public at that point in the investigation. That frustration with not being able to help often boils over into criticism of LE, and almost always, it is unwarranted.

Suicide is possible, but I think the time they set up roadblock, reportedly at 5am, indicates the body was not just found as part of general search or search based on cellphone data. Timing is more indicative of confession

Many on here have said hit by drunk driver. Hmmmm
But would she have been jogging this far out? Or did they accidentally hit her, load her up and dump her in a more rural area? I don't know. Sounds fishy. If they just hit her and left her I'd think she would have been laying in a ditch, visible from the road and air. IMO

FAA--posted NO FLIGHT ZONE Over Recovery area

small_8_3346.gif

8/3346 NOTAM Details

Along with the rest of you, I had hoped - against hope - that Mollie would be found somewhere safe and sound.

Heartbreaking.

My condolences to Mollie's Family and Friends.

116956-6088bd0fd35e87492ba0ed8785da0a91.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone_smaller.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone_smaller.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors