Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE will be able to determine if it was accidental/natural/homicide manner of death. They will make their announcement after they examine her body and do a complete autopsy including toxicology testing. Autopsy's take a few hours or less, this isn't their first rodeo. Toxicology will take about 1 month or longer to get the results back.

Also, we don't know if there is a suspect arrested or not, and if he/she made a confession and led LE to the location of MT body or not. I believe these details will be revealed during the PC today.

Great. This is going to rile up middle America. :( Such a tragedy but I’m glad they have someone in custody and hope the system serves justice, although there is probably nothing that would make up for this tremendous loss. Sad all around.

snipped from Washington Post article -
Authorities, who had narrowed their search to a carwash, Tibbetts’s boyfriend’s home, a truck stop and two farms, have not released information on when or how Tibbetts was found, a cause of death or said whether they have identified a suspect.

So I wonder how long he has been in custody? And why they were focused on July 18 - ugh. Poor Mollie's family.

If this latest is true...it shows again how reddit SM etc are full of @#$& as they had a few names out today, since deleted and were locals who have come up in one way or another...

<modsnip political mention>

Last edited by a moderator:
Iowa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally.

“We’re not going to release anything more until the press conference,” said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of Iowa’s Division of Criminal Investigation. He said officials would provide more details at a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. central time
Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer

It’s 8.6 straight line about 10 via road. That’s app.

If this is someone here illegally all hell will break loose.

Yes Indeed it will. Also, will bring forth many questions. How long has he been in the country? Has he been deported before? Where else has he worked before? and can his DNA be linked to any other crimes?

Temporary foreign workers are huge on farms in Canada, and I know illegals are huge on horse farms in the US. I can only guess they are used on many farms.

This sounds so crazy but it might be true, with them getting the news before the presser. It's going to be a huge media frenzy if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson