Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say, I didn't get the feeling that this monster jumped out of his car and started chasing after her. I got the idea that he was running along side her, probably saying inappropriate things that some guys think is "charming" when really it's just gross and creepy and then when she turned down his advances that's when he "blacked out" (what a pathetic excuse) and murdered her

I bet the police told the Dad which is why he felt it was okay to go home. He just wasn’t allowed to say the reason.

As far as the piece of crap....the crime sort of follows what I had guessed, although the dude is younger than I expected, and I’m surprised about the illegal status because of it being in the central US. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Again, this is why women need to carry self defense of some sort, either in the form of a weapon or training. Good reminder for myself also. Horrible, horrible story.

And that th

LEO said that they first approached Mr. Rivera yesterday, and he was cooperative and told them where her body was. An affidavit is coming.
Mollie has been found. The man who killed her is in custody and is charged with 1st degree murder. All in a month's time. So devastated for Mollie and her loved ones and community. So thankful for resolution on her disappearance and the enormous effort LE and volunteers went to to bring her home and find who did this. We'll never forget you Mollie, and will always think of you resting in peace in the arms of the angels.

Wow the black SUV/car really did mean something. I remember posting about whether people really did notice strange cars in a small town and obviously so. Was it that remote dirt road by the house that she was jogging on when he made his move? How horrible and what a total nightmare for her and her family.

:(:mad:
Watching press conference. So sad. I feel like I can't even go out for a run because you never know when some sick person is going to take your life. My heart hurts for Mollie and her family/friends.

I know, you can't help but have concern. It's rare, but it seems there have been quite a few girls and women kidnapped/ murdered while out jogging, walking or hiking in recent years.

From presser: Crime of opportunity, broken by security footage. Suspect led police to body. Mollie attempted to get away from him, but he caught up with her and initiated an assault. The vehicle he was driving was key in identifying him. First approached yesterday by police. So they only just found out who this guy was. Suspect in country and area illegally for 4-7 years. He had seen her before.

Thanks for the recap. The video crapped out about 15 seconds in.

Let's not blame all illegals for this, please. There are plenty of home-grown sick f*cks who do this all the time. Odds are that every once and awhile, one will be illegal. Let's concentrate on why women are subjected to violent crimes and what we can do to stop it. *THINKING* has to change. Laws have to change. How we treat our fellow humans has to change. This is not an illegal immigrant issue. This is something more basic and visceral that needs to be addressed.

So trying to picture this horrendous scenario in my mind.

Did he park his car alongside the road or something then chased her down? LE indicated it happened on 385th Ave., which is extremely isolated.

So if she screamed and fought, nobody likely heard sadly. But I'm trying to figure out how he got her in the car from then on?

Remember, this is the same guy who claimed he "blacked out" in the middle of all of this tragedy.

So this told police all these details, that he got out of the car, ran alongside Mollie, that she wanted to call police, and that he chased her down? he admitted all that? and then he blacked out (sure, right, he blacked out, unaware, after he caught her and did the unspeakable.....*advertiser censored*.

The LEO speaking at the PC said they interviewed him, and he admitted to running next to her and her saying to leave her alone or she would call the police, and he said she ran away and he chased her, and then "blacked out."

I am so tired of people who say some variation on “yeah, I saw her, but then I blacked out, so I really have no idea what happened-I might not have done it”. If you conduct yourself regularly like an animal, just own it-don’t say you blacked out and don’t know how she died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member