Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they got the video "a week or two ago" - so they figured out who he was based on the car? Wow
Lots of really good, old-fashioned police work. They were canvassing the neighborhood and learned the person had the video, which was given to the police. They spent hours going through the footage, finding Mollie, finding him, his car and realized he had to be one of the last to see Mollie. Lots of hard work, and a great job!

I feel so terrible for all the people who were accused by the public of somehow being involved. From her devoted boyfriend to her father, to other people she knew...even to the weird pig farmer guy.

No one deserves what the public, who feel entitled because they've watched some CSI shows and started following a real case, dish out. It makes me sick to think of how many other victims are created all so people can pretend they're going to solve the case from their couch, hundreds of miles away. And their tactic is to accuse innocent people of all kinds of things because "that guy looks weird," or "my feeling is..." or "her family isn't reacting the way I think they should.." to "a would never do a, b, or c...and therefore he is probably involved..."

Shame on all those who magnified the family's, friends, and community members' pain at a time that no one should ever have to deal with that crap.

I am just sick to my stomach... my heart hurts.
Even after all the yrs I did researching Oregon’s missing children I always held out a little piece of hope for each one... cause you just never know.. and I've always said... Hope dies last... it's when they find that body that's when that flicker of hope goes out... that small spark is diminished... all hope is gone... her life is gone...

So, so sad this happened to Mollie. Watched the press conference, and catching up on the posts here this evening.

Interesting to me how well the known facts posted at the beginning of each thread match up well to the events leading up to outcome. She WAS running, wearing her jogging attire, and with her iPhone. I always pictured her running by houses, but it was that desolate part of her route where the event occurred.

I think that is very helpful, websleuths! I certainly didn’t see resolution coming so soon, and did hope she would be found alive.

She is found, though, and hope that offers some amount of peace.
Perp was running beside her? Right, he really looks like the jogging type of guy. Was he running in his gangsta clothes he’s wearing in his FB photos? Poor Mollie the fear she must have felt is chilling. Rest in Peace sweet young lady. Forever 20

You can never control someone else's behavior. You can only control your own. BE PROACTIVE. Don't warn him you are going to call 911. Call 911. Don't hesitate. Don't think you might be wrong. Let LE sort it out. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
We don't know that his story is even true. We don't know what happened other than he has a story that doesn't include the important part of how she ended up bleeding from the head and then was, suddenly, dead. He may have driven right into her. He may have pulled a gun on her. He may have done more to her in the field. Whatever the details, I blame him. Not her.

Since he is not a U.S. citizen, does this mean he'll be deported after he's convicted, or does he stay in a U.S. prison?

Feds will hold off on deportation, due to the severity of the crime committed. I believe he will deported after his sentence is served.
Hoping that he slips on a bar of soap and "blacks out" forever in custody.

I have to question his version of events. If he knew her through his former girlfriend he could have got her in the car somehow, then brought her somewhere, probably sexually assaulted/murdered her and then dumped her off. But he blacked out, oh yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX