Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have planned on just doubling back along 385 too.

I don't know about that. She was attacked at Boundary and Middle Str. per CCTV footage. Why would she then choose to run a mile out of Brooklyn when she's being pursued, especially when she could have chosen so many other directions to run - including to nearby houses?

IMO, calling it 'evil' takes some responsibility from the person who perpetrated it. They aren't evil, they are human, humans can do horrific things. Evil makes it seem like they had no choice or were made to do it by a force greater than themselves, but these people CHOOSE to do these evil things.

I agree. EVIL implies supernatural. It is mostly used to describe horrific behavior of others by people who are followers of different world religions......those who commonly believe in a supreme being and its arch enemy, satan, and satanic "possession" of human beings......which are deemed to be "evil".
Humans are not evil, or possessed. They do destructive, horrible things to each other,and they are capable of being kind and respectful of each other. They choose to take the actions they take, either way. JMO

When he abducted Mollie, that altercation was caught on CCTV at Boundary/Middle Str. The 1900 385 Ave location is 1.2 miles away. He did not chase her for a mile and then drag her back to Boundary/Middle. It's very likely that he abducted her at Boundary/Middle, but something happened at 1900 385 Ave. Was she in the car and she tried to escape, or did he put her in the trunk? What happened a mile from the CCTV abduction footage?
Do you have a source that the actual abduction was caught on camera? I thought it was just him following her that was caught EDIT: in that vicinity.

Anyone who has lived here more than 4 years would have picked up the language by now. I understand this is not an intelligent person we are dealing with, but he must know enough English to get by. I wonder if he has a record from back in his teens in Mexico. And how difficult it is to find out.

Also if he is telling LE (or even a translator) that Mollie told him she was calling the police....he is at least claiming enough to to know that she had said that (supposedly) and that he knows what that means. So I would assume he at least has conversational English.

Maybe CR thought that leaving town would be too suspicious.

He could not have predicted how much of a big news story this turn out to be. I believe when he committed the murder (especially if we are speculating this is not his first time at the rodeo), he honestly thought he'd just wipe off his hands, get back to his normal life as usual, and people would barely talk about Mollie.

Instead, pretty much immediately, she became national news, FBI swarming in, huge manhunt, and everyone in their small town concerned and talking about it. If someone during this time decided to simply up and leave their life, that would certainly point a spotlight at them if there wasn't one before.
Or maybe he didn't think at all about the consequences. If this was a violent act brought about by impulses he may not have thought about any of that until after the fact.

Yes it is. Cell phone service is needed though

Ultimately I wonder if it would have even made a difference in her ability to survive this if she had been able to call 911. I assume it all went down quickly. How far away was the police station?

Poor Mollie.

I do not feel sorry for his family at all and for all we know they could have had knowledge of this and were helping tp protect him so he could stay here. Until we know more I have no sympathy as he was already breaking the law just being here and possibly his whole family also. I have to really watch my mouth here and probably should stay away from this thread!!!!!
Since we don't know any of that I prefer to give the family the benefit of the doubt. On SM it's horrible what people are saying about and to the family. IMO

He's likely to get a 'high profile' attorney; Just because it's a 'high profile' case.
His fb page is still up so he hasn't gotten an attorney yet, imo. That's one of the first things that happens - social media is scrubbed and locked down.

How did the CR contact a woman in another town? FB? Was it a creepy message or just normal?

Or maybe he didn't think at all about the consequences. If this was a violent act brought about by impulses he may not have thought about any of that until after the fact.

Very true. There's also the fact that, despite being bold enough to murder someone, he is in the end (like a lot of killers) a little sniveling coward who was just scared to do anything.

Although I don't believe they had any interaction. I think he drove past her a few times, then waited until she got to a spot that was deserted, stop his car, ran out and hit her from behind. She didn't appear to be the type to attempt a warning, and if he had been running alongside her and crossing boundaries, she would have run toward the residential area, not away from it.
I was STUPIDLY hiking alone in SC in a very isolated remote wetlands area. I had my gun in my backpack. My Mom had been fussing at me saying I was gonna get killed by a drifter and I laughed. As a long time lurker here, medical field trained, avid reader and watched of true crime stories, having lived in a town with FOUR know SK’s, especially Mickey Schunik’s killer, and having lived in a bigger city in Louisiana with high crime, you would think I would know better!!! So on my hike, I had my phone and camera in hand. I was on a wooden footbridge over a swamp... I heard a man say HEY right behind me!! I jumped around so fast, heart racing and thought THIS IS IT!! I tried to be calm and think. I did not want to offend him if he was harmless but... my hands shaking, I could only think of one thing. I hit send location on my phone. It went to my family and I hit it 4-5 times. Suddenly my everyone was calling me in a panic. I answered Dads call and remained calm and said oh hey, just out here hiking. I was alone but a gentleman just walked up. So my dad knew. He said ok stay on the phone and if he’s an issue say CALL and I will call 911... so the man strolled next to me and I eventually told dad I would be in touch soon and hung up. That was my wake up call. Man didn’t kill me and seemed ok BUT.. that was 6 months ago. I’m 45... I do think growing up in a small town like Mollies gave me a false sense of security. I now walk with a buddy. PERIOD. I also have mace, taser and a gun and a loud whistle.... I know the immediate fear that hit me when I heard the man behind me. Heart in my butt, hands tremble, adrenaline rushing... pure FEAR!! I knew where I was and that no one could rescue me in time. I could only think to hit SEND LOCATION so they could maybe find my body.. I feel SICK thinking that Mollie felt that fear... sick...

Mollie Tibbetts’ Family Releases Statement

“Our hearts are broken.

On behalf of Mollie’s entire family, we thank all of those from around the world who have sent their thoughts and prayers for our girl. We know that many of you will join us as we continue to carry Mollie in our hearts forever.

At this time, our family asks that we be allowed the time to process our devastating loss and share our grief in private.

Again, thank you for the outpouring of love and support that has been shared in Mollie’s name. We remain forever grateful.”

I haven't done any random reading since I heard the news last night. I barely got through the (recorded) news conference, then came here and found only fighting and politics (shortly before the thread was, rightfully, closed). Then I was just so sad, and went to bed thinking of Mollie's parents and how indescribably horrific they must be feeling right now. I'm so, so sorry for everyone who loved Mollie...and profoundly sorry for Mollie herself, and for the world's loss of such a compassionate soul who just wanted to help others.

Honestly, I don't think it matters who the killer is or where he came from, or if he should have been here to begin with. The reality of the situation is that he is who he is, he did come from where he came from, he was here, and he did hurt & kill Mollie. If he'd been somewhere else, he would have likely done the same to some other innocent soul, who wouldn't have been any less important than Mollie was/is.

All I've read is the arrest warrant, and its wording tells me that Mollie's clothing wasn't ON her body when she was located. Therefore, no matter what CR's story is or will be, his DNA will seal his fate. I just hope it's ultimately concluded that Mollie was unaware of most of what CR did to her. That's the ONLY possible silver lining here. Smh. It's always so sad when sweet, kind hearts meet evil face-to-face.

YES! It is so important that women are prepared to defend themselves. Even in small town USA. My daughter, who is so much like Mollie, carries pepper spray. I wanted her to get her concealed carry license (bc of her job) but she has to be 21... :/ This world is too evil for a young woman to ever stop being vigilant.

Make sure she gets trained as well. There are even personal protection classes for women, usually run by women.

Thank you for your visuals again, Otto. I happen to agree with most of your hypothesis and especially with the fact that if she was initially accosted around Boundary and Middle Sts. she would not have run down 385 to get away from him, which she new to be lightly populated, but instead stayed in town where she had a better chance of running into someone who could help her.
I think he abducted her right around Boundary & Middle Sts then took her to 1900 385th where he probably raped and murdered her. He then put the body in the trunk and drove to the location where he carried her into the cornfield and laid the stalks over her for concealment. He may have decided not to leave the body where the rape and murder took place because he had been there a while and was afraid someone had seen his car. By moving her, even if there was a search in the area, there would be no connection to his car and Molly’s disappearance.

I think so too. There may have been more than one location where she was assaulted post-abduction, but I suspect she was no longer alive at the location where he left her body.

I think most girls would blush, stay silent or tell them to 'go away'. Mollie seemed to be a bit outspoken when it came to feminism (something I noticed after going through her social media), perhaps she made a point on calling him out on his disgusting behaviour and it enraged him.
I think this would be especially true if Mollie knew he was the boyfriend of someone she knew. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46