Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm no. He'll get either the public defender or an attorney with limited litigation practice. He's not a high roller; **** yes, high roller no.
High profile attorneys love these cases. They do it for the publicity. They often do it pro bono or for minimal fees. He may have a pd at his arraignment, but after that he’ll have a legal team from a big firm working on every aspect of his case from evidence, to confession, to immigration status. You’ll think this guy is Beaver Cleaver by the time it goes to trial.

Just a quick note that this happens in people with severe PTSD. I have a few friends that have had this occur and it is very disturbing to them. Something will trigger them and they think they are in a whole different situation. They'll wake up on the floor or outside their house not knowing what is going on. So it is a thing. I don't know enough about his background or childhood to say if it is valid. I do remember one child I worked in a treatment center with who had been raped by his uncle and he would suffer blackouts and get violent with us. He was 9 at the time, so fairly easy to restrain, but I often wonder where he is now. He was a great kid otherwise, very sweet and shy.
He tracked her and had a plan!!!!! I think we will find out later that his car has been around her before.

I’m betting on that too, that he will have a high profile legal team after today

Anyone who has lived here more than 4 years would have picked up the language by now. I understand this is not an intelligent person we are dealing with, but he must know enough English to get by.
My parents lived and worked in Sweden for 30 and 40 years, but their understanding and ability to express themselves in Swedish was rudimentary at best. If they had to get in contact with health care or other authorities they needed a translator (me from age seven).
If he haven't had much contact with English-speaking people then his knowledge of the language might not be enough when speaking with LE. There is a waste difference being able to understand and speak English in everyday life and when in a situation such as this. I've been studying English for 50 years and I have a Cambridge C2 Proficiency exam, but if I were in an English-speaking country and were accused of a crime, I would want a translator too!
Cambridge C2 Proficiency: C2 Proficiency | Cambridge English

Last edited:
Investigators were provided video Thursday or Friday last week from a resident's home surveillance system that briefly captured Tibbetts jogging July 18, the night she was last seen. It also showed Rivera's black Chevrolet Malibu passing through the same area two or three times around the same time that evening, Mortvedt said.

After that, "it took hours upon hours of reviewing it" before they could connect the vehicle to Rivera. Investigators finally spoke with him late Monday and he led them to Tibbetts' body in the early morning hours Tuesday.
Investigator: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' death 'hadn't come across the radar' until Monday

The poster misstated the known facts. LE has not stated the actual abduction was captured on video.

I don't believe there is video of the suspect loading Mollie into the trunk of his car, but Mollie running, the circling of the car, bad camera angles, and difficulty to identify what they were looking at is what I refer to as the abduction information on CCTV which did lead to an arrest.

High profile attorneys love these cases. They do it for the publicity. They often do it pro bono or for minimal fees. He may have a pd at his arraignment, but after that he’ll have a legal team from a big firm working on every aspect of his case from evidence, to confession, to immigration status. You’ll think this guy is Beaver Cleaver by the time it goes to trial.

Agreed, but there won't be that kind of trial, right? I mean if he stands up now and says not guilty I am going to be floored. If he says guilty then they'll just have sentencing...right?

Found it.. My post from August 3rd... maybe she was walking down the street or jogging early in the morning to get the car for work, and got hit by a car and the driver panicked? Maybe the driver was on their phone and wasn’t paying attention?
Not to discount it, but I don't think I would call this super close. She was targeted and assaulted (physically for sure, maybe more) by someone who at least knew of her (99.9 percent sure). He targets her. There was nothing accidental in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong