IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I also really want to know is how in the world did she not notice anything if she was living with him! I don't get it. She must have seen something. Blood, scratches, and all those other things LE told the public to look for.
If we are to compare similar cases, the common psychological thread shared by many of the suspects, is a controlling behavior over women. If she questioned him, he may have brushed it off, or she may have been too afraid to question him. His behavior, this crime, does not occur in a vacuum. It’s going to carry over to other parts of his life and manifest itself in many ways.

How do we know he’ll choose to go to trial? He’s admitted he’s guilty, enough to get convicted imo.
We don't know that, you're right. But I think criminal records and proceedings are public records and gag orders are for a limited time only. That's my main point.

But I'll leave it for others to clarify.

jmo

Attachments

• 5974E146-3F68-4ADA-BF6C-BD69BABCEE0B.jpeg
    5974E146-3F68-4ADA-BF6C-BD69BABCEE0B.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 50
I wonder if CR had any injures; if Mollie defended herself; I guess they would have healed in the 5 weeks. Hopefully DNA under finger nails etc.

I was wondering the same thing and as you said it has been 5 weeks. Or also he might have knocked her out right away or stunned her enough that she could not fight back.

This may have already been mentioned...so please forgive....but if CR was in some black out fugue state and he comes to while in his car, notices ear bud (s) in his lap....why would he then suddenly believe she’s in his trunk?
Just not the first thought I would expect after a black out....it makes me question his story.
His story is pure BS - unfortunately I don't think there is any question about that. He is trying to compartmentalize and separate himself from the actual act of murder to avoid internally taking responsibility. He remembers everything before and after the actual act of killing her but blocks out doing it so in his mind, he can't be held entirely responsible for it.

He was driving back and forth thinking about how to commit his crime and then he did it. There is no I just wanted to talk with her and she threatened to call the police and it made me mad. No. That is a lie. He intended to kidnap her for his reason. I hope they slap kidnapping charges on him too.

Men are stronger than women. She didn't have a chance outdoing him physically. Her only chance would have been to get away from him and RUN. And since he had a car, even that would have been difficult.
I'm thinking he may have even started the assault before she took off running. Maybe he grabbed her phone, there was a big struggle and she broke free momentarily and he caught up with her.

“'Everything was normal except for when we brought Mollie up. He didn’t seem to want to talk about her, just changed the subject.

'I was panicked and was asking everyone if they knew anything. So I brought it up again and asked what he thought happened.

''All he said was “Probably what her parents think, she took off with someone and doesn’t know what to do.”

'Thinking back on it now, he did seem pretty uncomfortable talking about her, but other than that he seemed normal,' she said.

From their conversation, she said it did not seem like the pair knew each other well. “

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online

-So, the FBI was correct about this profile aspect (not wanting to talk about it, which also conversely exists the profile aspect of having an increased interest in the case.

Just a tidbit:
According to Fox News, the Chevy Malibu that the suspect was driving, was not registered to him. The surveillance footage was unable to pick up a license plate, but the car had some unusual markings that made it identifiable.

Fantastic police work by the DCI to track him down with nothing besides a make and model of a car that wasn't even registered to him.

Curious to see who it was registered too. The farm was housing them, maybe they helped with cars too.

He was driving back and forth thinking about how to commit his crime and then he did it. There is no I just wanted to talk with her and she threatened to call the police and it made me mad. No. That is a lie. He intended to kidnap her for his reason. I hope they slap kidnapping charges on him too.
They will charge him with every crime they possibly can.

My mother used to do a lot of walking alone in a rural area and says she got scared when someone slowed down next to her on a foggy road one morning. It can be scary out there.

Yes, so vulnerable. At my grandparent's home in the country, there was a tent a little bit away from the house (they live on 140 acres) that the grandkids played in. My sisters and I were playing in it all day until dark one night and then went in the house to bed. The next morning someone had made a knife slash through the top of the tent. Made us think that someone had watched us in it and thought we would be spending the night there. Creepy things constantly happen everywhere, unfortunately.

The older method of checking SSAN and State IDs was riddled with fraud....Even Social Security Administration failed to perform required verifications of the Social Security numbers of 19 percent of its own new hires during an 18-month period, according to a January 2010 report from the agency’s inspector general. E verify Participation in some states is optional and in some states not saying Iowa but some states discourage e verify. RIDE allows employers using E-Verify to validate the authenticity of driver’s licenses and state identification cards issued by state DMVs that employees present as identity documents for the Form I-9.The other states in the RIDE program are Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Looks to me like most government systems are not a simple step from A to B, any system attracts fraud and has loopholes historically, and improving systems to decrease fraud is good but not going to be fraud free 100%.

The owners of the farm where he worked said they have had over 100 threatening phone calls, some threatening to burn the farm down, some threatening to kill them and one call even told him he was going to kill his dog. OMG.[/QUOTE

WTH is wrong with people.....after a tragedy there are some that will always show their worst side. The Farm owner did nothing to bring this kind of hate out from others. He did not kill Mollie and nothing he did contributed to the killing of Mollie. This guy was out there for 7 years, so who knows where he was lurking.

Here's the press conference with the co-owners of Yarabee Farms. @1:42 is where they start explaining about the verification process they used. The verification center they used is NOT the same as E-Verify (although say they believed it was at the time). Social Security Employment Verification Service is what they used, NOT E-Verify.
Watch Replay: Yarrabee Farms holds press conference on Cristhian Rivera employment

Wow. I feel bad for the Yarrabee Farms employee verification person. Any place I've ever worked I've had to use Everify.

From the link, bolded by me:

"While investigators earlier had looked into the area where Tibbetts' body was ultimately discovered — a cornfield roughly 12 miles southeast of Brooklyn — Rahn said detectives wouldn't have seen the woman's body even if they were relatively close, as it was covered in cornstalks."

and

"He wouldn't detail what led investigators to the Deep River Area where Tibbetts' body was found, but stressed that they 'focused hard on her digital footprint.'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88