IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was CR paying child support? Through Friend of the Court? Was he listed as a driver on the Chevy? Sounds like he slipped through lots of cracks in our systems. Did Mollie know who he was? If so, maybe that's why she didn't call the police when she had a chance, thinking that he would just leave her alone after she threatened to call. JMO

His story is pure BS - unfortunately I don't think there is any question about that. He is trying to compartmentalize and separate himself from the actual act of murder to avoid internally taking responsibility. He remembers everything before and after the actual act of killing her but blocks out doing it so in his mind, he can't be held entirely responsible for it.
That is an excellent question. If he didn't remember what he did how could the earbuds jog his memory if he had no memory?

I'm way behind here, just trying to catch up since yesterday's sad news. Forgive me if this has been discussed:

Who thinks this was his first "gig". One doesn't just wake up one day and commit such a violent crime.

So upset for Mollie and her family, she was just beginning her story and had so many more chapters to write. Rest easy Mollie, send strength to your surviving spirits.
M

I half expect that LE will find he has used other names and has a criminal record. His employer knows him by another name.

I am waiting. I think there will be more and no I think this was not his first. I also find comfort knowing it will be his last.

Several things.

1. In the Iowa missing persons there are several young females w dark hair missing.

2. The car was not registered to him.

3. His employer knows him by a different name.

4. His attorney stated he has the proper work papers and is in the country legally.

RE above. I have to remember defense attorneys are paid to defend their clients, to make them appear innocent, and to find alternative explanations for crimes. His attorney is beginning to do his job.

I’m wondering if CR has been verified and he is actually who he says he is.

I also wonder if he has a drivers license at all.

I’m wondering if he and his girlfriend collect federal benefits if any kind. If so what name is he using for it.

I think LE might have some surprises when they begin to look into this mans record and criminal background. And very sad the weirdos are coming out. The farm where CR has been employed us getting threats. Against their property, family and their pets.

I don’t see where any of this could be their fault. And it’s sad when a decent hard working family has a negative impact on their business.

The only thing that would give me pause about him being a serial killer is that he seems to have been in one place for a long while and maybe with limited transportation access ?

Anyone think he might plead guilty? I feel like since he confessed so quickly after he was spotted and identified, he might. I hope so.

Not a chance imo. He is playing the system and he had found an attorney just swarmy enough to help him. Officer of the court where defense attorneys goes it used to be they bent or omitted and stayed just inside the lines of truth. But now a days - I just don't know... time will tell where Mr Richards goes. I think we all need to be very mindful and alert. I fear his attorney is truly attempting to use the media to scapegoat his client.

The mainstream media needs to do their job to fully vet a story, hold firm to reporting the truth and not spin or editorialize and at the very least if they do editorialize they need to tell us they are! This will prevent a swarmy defense team from using media stories as fodder to help a criminal escape justice. IMO

Not if he knocked her out from behind and then put her in his truck. The cornfield was the secondary location, that's where any assault happened, and by then she was most likely incapacitated. No scratches, no bruises, because there was no fight. Less than 30 seconds to pull over, pop the trunk, and sucker punch or otherwise incapacitate a victim. I don't believe a single word passed between them.
True, but even changes in behaviour, moodiness, nervousness, following the story, borrowing a different car, etc. Maybe she didn't live with him. Not sure that has been confirmed.

M

I half expect that LE will find he has used other names and has a criminal record. His employer knows him by another name.

I am waiting. I think there will be more and no I think this was not his first. I also find comfort knowing it will be his last.
Has there been any mention of the name his employer knew him by?

If he knew Mollie (as in "knew of her" through an ex-gf), I wonder if he also knew she had a serious boyfriend?

Just wondering aloud - I have no conclusion to that thought.

jmo

Was Mollie engaged?

I wonder if their conversation was in English. In court, CR had two translators.
Al Hoffman explained to me last night that a translator is necessary because they want to be 100 percent certain he understands everything going on and can speak in his preferred language - so at a later time he cannot claim he did not understand

You could say that we’re dedicated to the “containment of evil.” So many of these criminals are multiple time offenders. By supporting the victim’s family and providing additional information to LE, we are hopefully preventing others from becoming victims. Maybe one at a time, maybe not being able to save the original victim. But our efforts are investments in the future prevention of horrible crimes, like what happened to Mollie. I think we can be another shining light cast upon a dark and dangerous world.
BTW, I’m a first-time poster but a long-term observer. Please be kind to me!
Great first post and nice to meet ya,
il_570xN.1386717638_mif1.jpg

Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads