IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up and watching the hearing. Was her family there?
NO - and can you blame them? This was a bond hearing. Nothing more. They just learned one day ago their Mollie had been murdered and left in a cornfield. I didn't expect them to appear.

I am praying for them. They have been so stoic. And optimistic. Now reality is begin to churn their world in a direction they never asked for and unless there is a plea deal that spares them there will be a grueling trial ahead.

If the mother of his baby suspected him, can you even IMAGINE the fear she'd feel? Suspecting you're living with a real monster?

I think if it were me, I'd turn him in ASAP rather than protect him, I'd want to protect my child and myself. So I don't think she had a clue.

Second thought: having young children (babies) is exhausting, often times mothers are on autopilot, just making it through the day. Aside from obvious defence injuries, she could have honestly had zero inclination.

NO - and can you blame them? This was a bond hearing. Nothing more. They just learned one day ago their Mollie had been murdered and left in a cornfield. I didn't expect them to appear.

I am praying for them. They have been so stoic. And optimistic. Now reality is begin to churn their world in a direction they never asked for and unless there is a plea deal that spares them there will be a grueling trial ahead.
I would absolutely hate to see a trial. Praying that Mollie's family and friends don't have to endure that.

I don’t think any of his story is true. I think Mollie was a fighter. She had taken self-defense classes and worked with victims of domestic violence. I don’t think he approached her, she brushed him off, he approached her again, and then she threatened him with calling the police. She would’ve taken action quickly I think. I bet he caught her off guard completely.

IMO.
Maybe he ran back to the car when she said she was going to call Police....and then followed her and hit her with the car.....pretty brazen...can't believe somebody didn't witness this or hear her scream...

I admit that I have not read every post of all the threads since yesterday morning's horrific news, but I believe that all of the law enforcement officers involved in this investigation deserve a big 'thank you' and 'well done' from every law-abiding citizen. So often, even here, we assume that because LE is not telling us specifics of an investigation, it must be because they know none. That is seldom the case. At this point in time, when it seems that so many LEOs have targets on their backs just because they wear a badge, I just want to say that 99% of the men and women serving and protecting are doing exactly that, serving and protecting. I know that almost all of them probably feel the same pain that we all do when tragedies like this happen, but they pour their hearts into their work, hoping to bring some closure and measure of justice to the grieving families of victims. In this case, they were able to return Mollie to her loved ones, and the one responsible will be held accountable. No one can be happy with this outcome, but I am sure her loved ones are at least grateful for that. I know that everyone involved in LE who worked this case, as well as all of us here, will always hold a special place in our hearts for Mollie Tibbetts. JMO

Last edited:

Mr Richard claimed it in court papers and used quotes extracted from a media story from CR's employer framed as though they agreed with his assertion. The employers held their own PC and set the record straight and the truth was CR lied to the employer and our SS bureau didn't help properly vet the guy. The employer made it clear the misled them and was not here legally, they were heartbroken to learn about Mollie's disappearance and shocked anyone they employed was involved! There was anguish on the faces of the employers.

If the mother of his baby suspected him, can you even IMAGINE the fear she'd feel? Suspecting you're living with a real monster?

I think if it were me, I'd turn him in ASAP rather than protect him, I'd want to protect my child and myself. So I don't think she had a clue.

Second thought: having young children (babies) is exhausting, often times mothers are on autopilot, just making it through the day. Aside from obvious defence injuries, she could have honestly had zero inclination.
I think it would be hard to even see someone you have a child with of being capable of this. It may have never crossed her mind.

Mr Richard claimed it in court papers and used quotes extracted from a media story from CR's employer framed as though they agreed with his assertion. The employers held their own PC and set the record straight and the truth was CR lied to the employer and our SS bureau didn't help properly vet the guy. The employer made it clear the misled them and was not here legally, they were heartbroken to learn about Mollie's disappearance and shocked anyone they employed was involved! There was anguish on the faces of the employers.
OK, thank you for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member