IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about this case the more I wish Mollie was carrying, just a small concealable weapon. I am a HUGE advocate of personal protection and especially for women. I wish all women owned and carried and knew how to use a gun. Not turning this political, I don't care if you like or don't like guns, I just wish Mollie had a way to protect herself and could have surprised that monster that night!!

I would never carry a gun myself, but we can certainly agree some type of defense! Who knows, maybe pepper spray may have helped her.

I saw on a post earlier that CR will appear in court again near the end of the month. What is the reason for this appearance?

Mr Richard claimed it in court papers and used quotes extracted from a media story from CR's employer framed as though they agreed with his assertion. The employers held their own PC and set the record straight and the truth was CR lied to the employer and our SS bureau didn't help properly vet the guy. The employer made it clear the misled them and was not here legally, they were heartbroken to learn about Mollie's disappearance and shocked anyone they employed was involved! There was anguish on the faces of the employers.

Saw that and the son Dane was saying I'm sorry I'm sorry. I felt it was truly genuine and it did ring true. I also feel that they are really scared of the threats and their livelihoods now. I believe they said 6th generation on the farm.
<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because nobody saw, doesn’t make this any less sloppy. It was far more brazen than I had ever imagined. I’m still shocked that no one saw anything on account of just how incredibly reckless he was. This was the behavior indicative of a first time killer IMO. It’s not the act of a first time criminal though, as I expect some preceding illegal activity (assault, sexual assault, harassment etc.).
He was incredibly lucky to have pulled this off without being spotted.
I agree with you. So it makes me wonder what would cause him to be so reckless doing this awful act in full daylight. Answer = pure rage. I’d be completely shocked if he didn’t have DV in his past.

The more I think about this case the more I wish Mollie was carrying, just a small concealable weapon. I am a HUGE advocate of personal protection and especially for women. I wish all women owned and carried and knew how to use a gun. Not turning this political, I don't care if you like or don't like guns, I just wish Mollie had a way to protect herself and could have surprised that monster that night!!
Yes me too! My girls do carry mace on their keychain .I wonder if that might have helped! But the more I think about it all we know is his version. Something else might have actually happened. He and Molly were same height and weight and she had some training in self defense. Maybe he hit her with his car or pretended to need assistance to disarm her. We have only the words of one accused of murder.

Saw that and the son Dane was saying I'm sorry I'm sorry. I felt it was truly genuine and it did ring true. I also feel that they are really scared of the threats and their livelihoods now. I believe they said 6th generation on the farm.
<modsnipped>.

So appalling that their lives are being threatened. They do not deserve this. No one deserves anything bad except for CR himself, and CR alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
EXCLUSIVE: 'Everything was normal except when we brought up Mollie.' Friend of murdered Iowa girl reveals the chilling exchange she had with the prime suspect after Tibbetts vanished
  • Haileigh Volkmer, 18, went to school with Mollie Tibbetts in Brooklyn, Iowa
  • Three weeks ago, she ran into Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer, who is an acquaintance
  • Haileigh tells DailyMail.com that he was uncomfortable and did not want to discuss Mollie's disappearance
  • He only said she was 'from his area' and that she had 'probably run off' with someone
  • Volkmer revealed that Rivera moved from Mexico to Iowa for a better life with his family
  • She says he was known to have a short fuse and could be 'pretty explosive'
  • Rivera confessed to Mollie's murder on Tuesday and is made his first court appearance on Wednesday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...says-killer-uncomfortable-brought-arrest.html

I noticed he and Mollie were just about the same height and weight! 5'6" 1 30#.

I'm curious. I just watched CR arriving in court. Did he have on a bullet proof vest under his jail garb?
Yes, I think that's pretty standard procedure. Wouldn't want anything getting in the way of making sure he gets punished for the crime!

wonder if they could test him. would they be allowed to intentionally make him angry to see if he blacks out again. maybe he'll incriminate himself further while he's blacked out.
Think that sounds a bit like an OJ glove maneuver- easy to set up and use for your advantage. I think the rubber meets the road with the holes in his account and evidence LE has. There is a reason they offered some particulars during that PC. I am gleefully waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel as though prayers were answered with that video coming to light. And LE had an arduous task to solve the mystery of Mollie's disappearance.

I know the family is devastated. It sounds so hollow but I am grateful LE was able to bring Mollie home.

Anyone know how long it will be before the autopsy will be done and when Mollie's body will be released for her funeral/wake?

Allen Richard is the private attorney who has taken CR's case. He went to court and claimed in court docs that his client CR was a legal and he pulled out quotes from one of the farm's owners who at that time initially THOUGHT they had used E-verify and CR was legal. But today those same employers stood had their own PC and stated they had made a mistake and OH by the way, the name and SS number are not the person we hired.

SO how could Allen Richard make the claim he was legal in court docs if the contract for representing him is signed by fraudently? I personally think if that happened it is humorous. A swarmy defense attorney who dodged and weaved possibly caught unaware that his client is not whom he claimed on their contract.

I have a question to attorneys - if a case is being handled pro bono aren't there contracts for that sort of representation too?

Folks who use identity theft will agree to any terms because they aren't operating where there is good faith, are they?

This just feels like one of those situations that we need more info before we get to excited. Using another SS # could mean just that. Or it could mean Rivera isn’t at allwho we know him to be. I don’t know. Better to be patient let LE do the digging.

Absolutely!! I have one and can shoot accurately with either hand! I had a cast on my dominant arm when I bought it so I learned first with my left hand and then my right later. I think it adds to my confidence to know I can manage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23