IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious when the Judge explained the charges and penalties for those crimes, she did say he could be placed on a sexual offenders list....

My understanding is that if he is convicted he will be subjected to DNA tests and the results of those tests would determine if he would be placed on a sex offenders registry. Must be standard protocol for a felony conviction and standard for the judge to inform a defendant of that process.

Think that sounds a bit like an OJ glove maneuver- easy to set up and use for your advantage. I think the rubber meets the road with the holes in his account and evidence LE has. There is a reason they offered some particulars during that PC. I am gleefully waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel as though prayers were answered with that video coming to light. And LE had an arduous task to solve the mystery of Mollie's disappearance.

I know the family is devastated. It sounds so hollow but I am grateful LE was able to bring Mollie home.

Anyone know how long it will be before the autopsy will be done and when Mollie's body will be released for her funeral/wake?
The autopsy was supposed to be today

My understanding is that if he is convicted he will be subjected to DNA tests and the results of those tests would determine if he would be placed on a sex offenders registry. Must be standard protocol for a felony conviction and standard for the judge to inform a defendant of that process.
If he assaulted other young girls they might not have reported him scared of being deported!

CR could have consulted an attorney, even phoned one in Mexico (much less expensive), prior to going to court with Allen Richards, Esq. today. He didn't seem all that surprised by anything translated for him and had no questions.

I mean that instead of going with a public defender, someone has stepped in to make sure he gets the best representation possible, and that's not cheap.
Ahhh, I see. I have heard the lawyer is doing it for publicity but I honestly don't know if that's true!

The translator is actually a benefit for both sides. This prevents CR from doing anything slimey, like arguing he can't be held culpable to things he said because he "didn't understand properly." It's making sure that doesn't happen.

Hi! I don't believe he "blacked out" but I don't think it would matter legally anyway. If you kill someone while you're drunk, it's not a defense that you were drunk. You are still legally responsible. It doesn't matter if he doesn't remember what he did, as long as the state can prove he did it.

I think this case is very different from Casey Anthony's case in that CR led LE to Mollie's body. There is very compelling evidence that he was the last person to see Mollie, and he caused her death. Confessions are admissions against interest and they are usually allowed in as evidence. People don't confess to things that aren't true. You hear wild stories about disturbed people making false confessions but it's extremely rare.

Think that sounds a bit like an OJ glove maneuver- easy to set up and use for your advantage. I think the rubber meets the road with the holes in his account and evidence LE has. There is a reason they offered some particulars during that PC. I am gleefully waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel as though prayers were answered with that video coming to light. And LE had an arduous task to solve the mystery of Mollie's disappearance.

I know the family is devastated. It sounds so hollow but I am grateful LE was able to bring Mollie home.

Anyone know how long it will be before the autopsy will be done and when Mollie's body will be released for her funeral/wake?

They may well know preliminary probable COD tonight. Any specific drug, dna, assault diagnostics etc can take 2-6 weeks. But I would hope the preliminary internal and external is complete. For example if there was a gaping head injury with bleeding into the surrounding area. That would give an indication she died after being hit with say a rock or a gun.

If he drugged her——those tests are sent to a professional lab and take upto 6 weeks.

NO - and can you blame them? This was a bond hearing. Nothing more. They just learned one day ago their Mollie had been murdered and left in a cornfield. I didn't expect them to appear.

I am praying for them. They have been so stoic. And optimistic. Now reality is begin to churn their world in a direction they never asked for and unless there is a plea deal that spares them there will be a grueling trial ahead.

Of course not. I was simply asking a question.

Then I'm thinking that must be the owner of the farm he worked for? I noticed it mentioned one of the translators was privately detained.
Surely not. I wonder who is paying for his lawyer ?

I would never carry a gun myself, but we can certainly agree some type of defense! Who knows, maybe pepper spray may have helped her.

Pepper spray would have been a great option as well. I don't ever think of that stuff, I just think guns, but I shoot on a regular basis and they are a "normal" thing in my home. but yes, I wish that poor girl had something with her!! Bless her heart

Yes me too! My girls do carry mace on their keychain .I wonder if that might have helped! But the more I think about it all we know is his version. Something else might have actually happened. He and Molly were same height and weight
and she had some training in self defense. Maybe he hit her with his car or pretended to need assistance to disarm her. We have only the words of one accused of murder.

I agree, the more I think about it, he probably used his car to hit her, then stopped and threw her in the trunk. I don't believe his words either, why would we.

CR could have consulted an attorney, even phoned one in Mexico (much less expensive), prior to going to court with Allen Richards, Esq. today. He didn't seem all that surprised by anything translated for him and had no questions.
Why does he need a translator when he CLEARLY understood
Mollie saying she was going to call the cops?
After all, isn’t that why he said he blacked out...he was angry at WHAT SHE SAID?

I just had the chance to watch todays's court appearance. I have to say I really like the sheriff in the background with his side eye look of anger/disgust. And could not help but think the court appointed translater was not happy she had to work with CR. I know everyone is entitled to a fair trial and I want this guy to have one so there is not any chance of an appeal but I was grateful for those two who represented the anger and disgust felt around the world for poor Mollie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member