CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he tell LE where the children’s bodies were so quickly after ‘confessing’? He was already shafted so witholding this info a bit longer to compromise evidence further wouldn’t impact his sentence. Just trying to figure out whether he felt any emotion in relation to his children. As horrific as his crime is, I’m undecided whether or not he cared about them.

I'm sure the police interrogation put unbearable pressure on him. They let him know that his story didn't add up, that they knew he was lying, that they knew he had killed his family, and then they guilted him into telling where the bodies were. "You are just going to let your sweet daughters lie in a ditch somewhere? Tell us where they are. I'll tell the judge you cooperated with the investigation."

Did Chris Watts kill his little girls before pregnant wife came home from business trip? Judge’s timeline contradicts suspected murderer’s story

Did Chris Watts kill his little girls before pregnant wife came home from business trip? Judge’s timeline contradicts suspected murderer’s story

I am leaning towards the scenario where he killed his girls first, but my mind is open.
With that said, I think the only reason the court docs have the girls DOD listed as 8/12-8/13 is because they were last seen at the bday party on 8/12, and they could have been murdered at any time during the night, which would've been 8/12 before midnight of 8/13 after.
They have SW DOD listed as 8/13 because she was last seen by her friend when she dropped her off at 1:58 AM on 8/13.

Great job with information bankruptcy and money "dis"management analysis! I can certainly see how this could have weighed heavily in the minds of both parents. But he certainly didn't turn down any vacations she earned with her involvement with THRIVE.

I do wonder if they had problems in their marriage prior to the affair, or I do wonder how long the affair was ongoing. Not saying this means anything but based on personal experience, I have noticed that he wasn't wearing his wedding ring. I've gone back to pictures on instagram and facebook and it looks like he was wearing it in pictures posted at the end of last year but he hadn't been wearing it since New Year's Eve. I thought it could be because of the weight loss but I wonder if there was more to it.

I think my point is, this wasn't a sudden thing that happened within the past few months. I think this was something that was building for a bit.

Do we even know that an affair was "for sure?" I don't remember reading it. But I've had my mind on so many things recently that it might have slipped thru.

Control or the Loss of it? Its one thing to say you want to leave someone and a completely different thing for someone to say they want to leave you. Hurt ego? I don't want you but you cant not want me? Who knows what he was thinking.... JMO

Exactly. He is a textbook family annihilator. JMO

I do wonder if they had problems in their marriage prior to the affair, or I do wonder how long the affair was ongoing. Not saying this means anything but based on personal experience, I have noticed that he wasn't wearing his wedding ring. I've gone back to pictures on instagram and facebook and it looks like he was wearing it in pictures posted at the end of last year but he hadn't been wearing it since New Year's Eve. I thought it could be because of the weight loss but I wonder if there was more to it.

I think my point is, this wasn't a sudden thing that happened within the past few months. I think this was something that was building for a bit.

Your 'no ring' comment is a biggy to me... I didn't notice that at first.

The Watts declared Ch 7 Bankruptcy in 2015.

Would love to hear your thoughts, sluethers!

SBM

Also, if they filed Chapter 7 in 2015, they wouldn't be eligible to file for bankruptcy again until 2022.

The foreclosure process takes a long time in Colorado, so we don't know if they were behind on their mortgage payments. (I'm sure it will come out.)

Another thing to consider: since the housing market in Colorado is so hot, the Watts' home had appreciated in value enough to where the could sell the house to get out from under the debt, and they could pocket a little gain. Zillow says the house is worth $500,000 now.

If SW wanted out of the marriage and was planning to move back to NC, this would be an ideal time because the house could be sold and SW could use half of the net proceeds to pay for her move and a downpayment on a home near her family in NC.

Interesting that CW had a life insurance policy on SW and Bella, but not himself. Wouldn't you, as a father and husband, take one out on yourself to help your family. Or have a policy on yourself in addition to spouse and child.
Also, this was done prior to Cece's birth, so he must have been having unusual thoughts for some time. Per HLN Ashleigh Banfield yesterday.

Do we even know that an affair was "for sure?" I don't remember reading it. But I've had my mind on so many things recently that it might have slipped thru.

Well, it's referenced in the affidavit. "A two-day investigation revealed Chris was actively involved in an affair with a co-worker, which he denied in previous interviews." The rest is redacted. But basically the affair is confirmed in the affidavit per the investigators.

Now as far as who that co-worker is, many of us feel we know, but we aren't permitted to discuss that here. Her SM has been erased, so there's no real sleuthing to do right now anyway.

Herat, you're very informed about this! Where exactly are the wells where the victims were found? 70 miles from Firestone is very far away from Frederick. Is it way out east? What's the closest town?

The location, Roggen, is approximately 30 miles west of Fort Morgan. I live 18 miles east of the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine