IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible name for it, but I've always referred to it as a "ho bag".
Lol past life. JK

Also wouldn't surprise me if he took that shirt home & threw it in the washer. You wouldn't think so but it does happen. Blood comes off nothing but steel. This would fit his idea of himself he can do anything & get away with it.

Thank you! Most informative article of ever seen on these type of injuries!! This opens up so many options. Interesting detail about object found on a farm, and farm machinery. He could have used any number of those things. So much for the bludgeoning theory. Now we know. I hope they find the weapon. I wonder if it was something he found nearby or that he brought with him? I assume the latter. If this is true, maybe she saw the weapon and THEN began to run. The more we go along the more I am convinced we can't believe any part of his story. He planned on killing her, was not insulted and angered and suddenly snapped, the entire thing was planned out in advance. That's what the evidence points to.

Multiple sharp force injuries. I. can't. even.
I thought it was going to be strangulation, or blunt force injury/injuries and strangulation. No, just no cause is any better than the other, but death by knife or some other such weapon just makes me want the power to give him Mommy justice. As a mother, my head is about to explode. I know this is an emotional and irrational statement and I'm ok with that.

Looks like MT and her brothers were connected via Facebook to the arrested defendant's (past or present girlfriend). He did know MT from a distance. I mentioned this as we look back on what we profiled from the little information we had. I have read some interviews that there was some level of planning and not just happenstance. Who knows the mind of evil? All I know is MT has changed us all for the better!

We probably won’t hear much more on the autopsy

Autopsy reports are confidential under Iowa law, except for the cause and manner of death. (Iowa Code § 22.7(4)(c)).

Iowa courts have established rules limiting the release of information regarding an individual who has been criminally charged in a state court.

The rules are designed to protect a defendant’s interests in a fair trial that could be affected by media attention to the facts in the case.

Court proceedings are open to the public, in almost all circumstances, and those formal proceedings are the primary method for communicating information about the case.

Mollie Tibbetts' death resulted from 'multiple sharp force injuries' says medical examiner

Absolutely true. His clothes would have undoubtedly been covered in blood. How and where did he clean up? And how did no one see him doing this?
He also would have had blood in his car, and that would also require a great deal of cleanup.

Unless he regularly keeps a change of clothes in his car since the nature of his work causes his clothes to become dirty. For instance, if he meets others at a bar after work, then he probably would want to change clothes.
Perhaps blood in the car was cleaned up at a car wash. LE was interested in the car wash.

What gives you this feeling?

I can't explain it. And it doesn't have to do with Mollie's dad thinking she still may be alive, etc. When he said that in interviews. The perp had this tight, cut and dry story. It's too clean of a story- even for murder. I wouldn't be surprised either way. But I will state this: If down the road they said she was laid there a few days past the 18th, I def. would not be surprised. It's simply a feeling.

Car in DM photo described as an Impala. I'm sure the Malibu already impounded. DM also indicates the photos taken today, Thursday. I'm sure DM was trespassing -- no way were they given permission to be there taking these photos.

It looks like they were taken from the road which wouldn't have required trespassing.

Unfortunately, there was fairly heavy rain the morning of the 19th, before any searching started. That may have washed away any visible signs of blood. :(
That’s a very good point. I still think the initial encounter was simply an effort to facilitate Mollie’s removal from the road, and into the relative safety of the cornfield.

I think it’s more likely that the injuries that caused her death, were inflicted in this location.

So perhaps she was beaten in the road, placed in the trunk, taken into the cornfield, and raped (if this occurred) and stabbed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn