IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you zoom out on this map, where the road on the north east side of brooklyn makes the 2 curves. The next road you can turn on is v21, his house is the house closest to I-80 on the map, the body was found on the other side of I-80 (south) and west a couple miles. Not sure if he abducted her where the bend is or not. To quote someone here, 6 minutes to his house from that corner.

His confession doesn't match todays developments, IMO.

I'm glad the FBI is going thru his house, I don't see him driving past with someone in the trunk and not stopping. I think there is a lot more to this story.

I do too - things just don’t add up. I’m glad I’m not the only one. Thank you!

Sorry if this is well known information already, but has the vehicle been located?

Also, I saw on the last thread that a task force from Nebraska was at the farm CR lived. Is that confirmed? Possibly related to this?

www.omaha.com/news/courts/what-you-need-to-know-about-wednesday-s-immigra

That is in the Bardstown, KY area and is going to be profiled in the series about the disappearance of Crystal Rogers on Oxygen Network. It is currently airing on Saturday nights. I am Dvring and it is fascinating so far.

What’s really bothering me right now, is the statement Mollie’s dad made about how he thought someone could be holding her & that this person misunderstood the relationship, that maybe they were in over their heads thinking there was no way out...
I don’t want to think Mollie was being held, all that time, but what if she was? Is it a possibility?? MOO

I don’t want to be graphic but they have referred to her body and not her remains

After 30 days in the hot elements she would have been in pretty bad shape

I pray she wasn’t held captive but it’s a good possibility
Someone made the point awhile back that due to the climate that may not be the case. I wouldn't mind a scientific explanation for that, if anyone knows. I know it may be graphic but I would like to know the reason why, if it's true.

What’s really bothering me right now, is the statement Mollie’s dad made about how he thought someone could be holding her & that this person misunderstood the relationship, that maybe they were in over their heads thinking there was no way out...
I don’t want to think Mollie was being held, all that time, but what if she was? Is it a possibility?? MOO

I’m wondering if heard heard rumors from the kids his boys knew and he was going on those

He was so sure and I thought LE might have been telling him to say all that

Someone made the point awhile back that due to the climate that may not be the case. I wouldn't mind a scientific explanation for that, if anyone knows. I know it may be graphic but I would like to know the reason why, if it's true.

This could be graphic for some, it’s the stages of decomposition, no pictures though.

What Are the Four Stages of Human Decomposition?

In the DM pictures, there are bags of cans at the house. The FBI should take them all and test the DNA against unsolved crimes.
The bags of can's are common in Iowa because of the recycling program. Each can is worth a nickel. Given the proximity to I-80, you can see the house from street view. Who knows what you would find in the cans, do they walk I-80 and pick up cans? Who knows.

I don’t think the use of dogs is necessarily indicative of law enforcement looking for a crime scene. This search was conducted after the autopsy concluded the cause of death was “multiple sharp force injuries.” They may have been looking for a bloody knife, or clothing.

I think the dogs are looking for Mollie's scent. I doubt CR was dumb enough to leave a murder weapon where he lives. The article says the search was conducted immediately AFTER it was released by Iowa law enforcement. There is something else about the property that captured the attention of the FBI agent who was there previously. I-80 is a known drug and human trafficking pipeline.

I’m wondering if heard heard rumors from the kids his boys knew and he was going on those

He was so sure and I thought LE might have been telling him to say all that
Yes! Also, the fact that Mollie’s dad went home & then she was found?? It all fits...I hope this is just my mind in overdrive & that I’m wrong, but WOW

They had a K-9 unit. I think they are looking for the crime scene. Mollie may have been held for several days before she was murdered.
Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts died of 'multiple sharp force injuries' | Daily Mail Online

While I guess thats not impossible I don't see anything in the evidence at this point to disprove a rage killing. Even if she wasn't dead when put in the trunk I think she was at least not conscious from being put in the the trunk. However until they give a time frame of how long they think the body has been deceased I guess its still possible she could have been held, but I feel she was no longer coherent when put in the trunk.

He may even be the type of person that actually believes his own lies.
I know someone like this in that she perceives herself as superior and smarter and has a narcissistic personal narrative that goes along with that phony elevated image. But it's more of an ongoing lie that she believes about her identity, and her routine lies are entirely conscious. I believe that Mollie's killer knew he was lying to LE and that he consciously created a story he preferred. Where the big lie that he may believe may come in is thinking LE would buy his crackpot story.

I don’t want to be graphic but they have referred to her body and not her remains

After 30 days in the hot elements she would have been in pretty bad shape

I pray she wasn’t held captive but it’s a good possibility
You know, that thought leads to a horrific possibility... I can imagine a scenario where Mollie was abducted and held captive until the search and the media coverage got so intense he had to get rid of her. God I hope that’s just my wild imagination.

Yes! Also, the fact that Mollie’s dad went home & then she was found?? It all fits...I hope this is just my mind in overdrive & that I’m wrong, but WOW

It’s been a strange case, RT was very vocal and very sure she was being held somewhere

LE said the community was not in danger

Rumors where flying around this case because of the contrasting stories

The kids are linked to CR’s girlfriend, kids in town spoke to CR, kids in town are now saying he’s a creeper

Did they have evidence, Fitbit, that she was alive?

You know, that thought leads to a horrific possibility... I can imagine a scenario where Mollie was abducted and held captive until the search and the media coverage got so intense he had to get rid of her. God I hope that’s just my wild imagination.

It certainly can play into the hoopla of RT leaving town, perp thinks they can’t find anyone and it’s slowing down?

Yes, it all fits with the theory she was kidnapped and being held. I have to wonder if he killed her because he was getting nervous that someone he lived with would rat him out in order to get the reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member