IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be graphic for some, it’s the stages of decomposition, no pictures though.

What Are the Four Stages of Human Decomposition?
Thank you,that was really informative. It would seem like the body would have to be in stage 3 by that time. That certainly explains why it took so long to remove the body,and why they have to be so careful. But I still don't understand why the climate would slow down the process. It said climate effects it, but doesn't say how. I would think warmer temps would increase the process . Does anyone know? I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out how long it was there, and if it matches the story It also said it depends on the type of injuries. Would stab wounds increase or decrease deterioration? How about insect activity? Does anyone know?

In my opinion, I think if she was sexually assaulted then this was definitely a planned out attack and would have included stalking her- he could have seen her before and been sexually attracted to her.

If she was NOT sexually assaulted then I think he likely randomly saw her, flirted, got angry when she rejected him and killed her out of anger. This would be more of an opportunistic attack.

Either way, I am praying she wasn’t sexually assaulted.

It gave a range of time for the incident. I believe the incident refers to her kidnapping.

I do too, I think it’s the time they think she was abducted, unless they have Fitbit data that says otherwise, but that could have been discarded along with her phone the moment he snagged her.

They had way of determining a TOD without an autopsy

We have yet to hear where those two things are

It's been posted several times. Probably in the media thread. Or Google. Sorry I don't have it handy. The times are something like 7:45 - 8:28pm.

Someone might have the link handy.

jmo

It’s linked to the first page of this thread. The times are described as “lower time” and “upper time”. Not sure if that refers to an exact time or if the crime occurred between those times.

no way she was killed in struggle to get away to much digital stuff with fitbit to know that, but there is basically no way to completely figure all this out.

If he told anyone they would have ratted him out along time ago between the money and the heartache.

Her dad only said this because it was literally the only way his daughter could be alive, and he was holding out all hope
RIP Mollie.

also in the report they said there was a body believed to be molly tibbets, that it was identified by clothes she was wearing, considering how profile this case was an how identifiable she was, it more or less sounds decomposed, sorry for graphic description

I know someone like this in that she perceives herself as superior and smarter and has a narcissistic personal narrative that goes along with that phony elevated image. But it's more of an ongoing lie that she believes about her identity, and her routine lies are entirely conscious. I believe that Mollie's killer knew he was lying to LE and that he consciously created a story he preferred. Where the big lie that he may believe may come in is thinking LE would buy his crackpot story.
Yes, I agree, he knows very well. I was talking more about when they tell the same lie over and over that eventually it becomes true in their minds. I think you know the type, going by your example.

It’s linked to the first page of this thread. The times are described as “lower time” and “upper time”. Not sure if that refers to an exact time or if the crime occurred between those times.
Thanks. I should've realized it was on the first page! If people haven't read it, please do - it's an official LE doc with info that might quell some theories.

jmo

Totally agree, I was convinced he knew something.

My heart breaks for him, his emotions were so raw
I agree, it's been so heartbreaking for her loved ones, and her dad was so courageous and determined throughout this ordeal of his baby girl being missing, he kept reaching out to the public and kept his and everyone's hopes up of finding her and bringing her home, and was hopeful someone she knew had her and she could be rescued and come home. I think until LE honed in on CR this week, the weeks prior were anybody's guess as to what had happened to her, and there was always the very real possibility that she was being held captive by someone she knew. She sort of knew CR (or he knew of her) peripherally from what has been reported on MSM, so it makes sense that LE and her family were thinking someone known had abducted her, and she was "around" somewhere nearby.

It's been posted several times. Probably in the media thread. Or Google. Sorry I don't have it handy. The times are something like 7:45 - 8:28pm.

Someone might have the link handy.

jmo
That sounds right because some say the 8:28 time has to be significant.

also in the report they said there was a body believed to be molly tibbets, that it was identified by clothes she was wearing, considering how profile this case was an how identifiable she was, it more or less sounds decomposed, sorry for graphic description

It actually says the clothing found at the scene where the body was located.

I do too, I think it’s the time they think she was abducted, unless they have Fitbit data that says otherwise, but that could have been discarded along with her phone the moment he snagged her.

They had way of determining a TOD without an autopsy

We have yet to hear where those two things are
I think it includes the time of murder, not just kidnapping, in other words the entire crime from the time she was assaulted till the time she was killed.

We need to remember not to quote posts that should be reported. Otherwise, it makes more work for the mods to clean up. I post this because I forgot that request myself!

Report and then scroll on by.

jmo

Sorry, didn't realize that was reportable.

In my opinion, I think if she was sexually assaulted then this was definitely a planned out attack and would have included stalking her- he could have seen her before and been sexually attracted to her.

If she was NOT sexually assaulted then I think he likely randomly saw her, flirted, got angry when she rejected him and killed her out of anger. This would be more of an opportunistic attack.

Either way, I am praying she wasn’t sexually assaulted.
LEO in PC this week said CR admitted to having seen MT running before, and he did stalk her that evening, is on video driving back and forth along her running route - that's how they caught him. It wasn't a random crime of opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd