IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but I’m wondering why he needed it on

She was left near where he worked, he’s familiar with the town so why would he have it on?
I can only guess. It was dark and he was confused? He was looking for a different route? He was looking for traffic? The app called Waze even shows police car locations. Who knows if he had that app even. Jmo

I wonder if that's what he said or something they verified by the time of his arrest. How did he know to go there? It's hard to believe he just looked for a good cornfield spot in the dark and there it was.

I think he had his eyes on Mollie for some time and I think he knew exactly where to bring her and exactly how to get back.
I truly believe that he scoped out what he needed to.

That's police fact-talk. Usually they would be much more specific like "clothing was found 15ft from the body. it matches the style of clothing last worn by the deceased..."

An article on CNN said: "A body, dressed in Tibbetts' clothing, was covered in corn leaves."
I am not convinced of that. I agree that a definitive measurement of her clothing to her remains would be testified to at trial but not necessarily on the search warrant. It's just as likely that LE that made out the arrest warrant did not have the measurement available when he applied for it. If they were in a hurry to arrest this guy so he didn't run I would think they would have sent someone ahead to get the ball running while others were physically at the location of the body.

As for as CNN or any other news outlet reporting on the clothing being on the body as opposed to at the location, I would take the word of the officer making the arrest warrant out before I believed any secondary sources reporting on what the warrant said. Unless of course someone from LE confirmed what CNN reported which I have not seen anywhere. Nothing I've seen or heard any
where has given any indication of the condition of her body nor what she was wearing. LE is not prepared to release any of that and might never until trial. So we have to go by how it is written. The way it is worded does appear specific and intentional especially if they were going to charge him later for SA which the judge DID include when she said if you are found guilty you may have to register as a sex offender. They have to wait and pray there is DNA evidence found on her remains to prove a sexual assault. If she was found unclothed then it can be inferred.

Last edited:
I wonder if that's what he said or something they verified by the time of his arrest. How did he know to go there? It's hard to believe he just looked for a good cornfield spot in the dark and there it was.

and the warrant said he guided LE to the exact spot "from memory". He had to have been there many times to do this IMO. Those cornfields look alike. Don't killers sometimes visit ? I think I have read that and if LE is looking at video from before this happened to see if he was stalking her - surely they are looking at video after the 18th of July to see if he returned to this site assuming she was killed that night?

Factors likely to increase risk of suicide for males:

Family history of suicide (e.g., Hemingway family tree and all their suicides).

Possession of a firearm in the home.

If they've ever worn crocs in public.
As a woman, I have each risk factor you list, with the firearm exception. LOL

This was posted in the media thread - very interesting interview.
Interesting

I’ve wondered why their timeline was 5-10 because her brother dropped her off at 5:30

They may have seen the car in town before he abducted her and saw it back in town after 8 or 9

Could mean he borrowed it and returned it from someone in town?

Multiple sharp force injuries? OMG, I keep thinking of a hatchet or a hay hook. That horrible monster! Poor Mollie.
Agreed monster and poor Mollie. It seems though that Mollie may have fought back (my speculation only) just as RT, LC and DJ and family said she would have if it was an attempted abduction. Not sure whether that makes situation better or worse though still tragic and gut wrenching. MOO.

“He lived alone and worked 12 hours [a] day, seven days a week. He was handling the milk supply. He is a loving father,” Richards added.

He lived alone? I thought he lived with his gf and their baby?

He couldn't have worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week. There are reports of his stalking other girls, following them around in his black Malibu. And he followed Mollie. So I doubt he was working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week.

That is a darn good point... you know he spent over a month knowing this day would probably come and thinking about what he would say. He’s rehearsed this, at least in his head, over and over.

Do you really think he rehearsed it in his head? Or was he so clueless or cocky that he never even considered he would be caught? If he thought about it, he might have considered leaving the country.

“He lived alone and worked 12 hours [a] day, seven days a week. He was handling the milk supply. He is a loving father,” Richards added.

He lived alone? I thought he lived with his gf and their baby?

He couldn't have worked 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week. There are reports of his stalking other girls, following them around in his black Malibu. And he followed Mollie. So I doubt he was working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Didn’t he also live in a trailer with other workers as well?

We expect the attorney to spin it in his favor though, sadly

I haven’t posted before but I have been following along. I was thinking if CR is to be believed about the black out then maybe he has a a severe case of dissociative identity disorder. That would also explain why his family described him as a different person and a good father.

Personally I think he’s a serial killer who has killed before.

"Block out" of his mind, not 'black out'; as stated in arrest warrant application affidavit.

Someone wrote that they haven't been running since this happened. I've scrolled through and I can't find it but I wanted to comment on it. Run, jog, bike, play outside, go hiking and live. There are hundreds of people every day who die in car accidents, but you still drive. People die in airplanes, but for some crazy reason people still queue up to use them. And today hundreds of thousands of people engaged in outdoor activities and returned home safely. The point is, you could stop running and step out your door and get hit by lightning. So live your life, do the best you can to take normal precautions but don't allow monsters like CR to victimize you too. Because I'm sure even with what happened if Mollie could speak she'd hate to have her legacy be an end for others to enjoy their lives. Off topic, but it just hurt my heart to hear anyone feel that way.

Dead weight is a different kind of weight. Have you ever attempted to carry a drunk friend let alone a dead body?

Based on my experience, trying to move or carry the drunk friend would be much more difficult, because I would be afraid of hurting her. (I've tried to move living people.)

'Dead weight', of a corpse, sack of cement, or person that you didn't care about hurting, would be substantially easier. (Sack of cement is the only scenario that I've actually experienced.)

Do you really think he rehearsed it in his head? Or was he so clueless or cocky that he never even considered he would be caught? If he thought about it, he might have considered leaving the country.

According to his employer he had an ID and SS from another state, I’m so surprised he stuck around.

This is a totally wild thought so don’t yell at me.

What if LE knows more than they are leading us to believe. What if they are trying to suspect another person in this case while also trying to get the real killer to think he’s still innocent and doesn’t have anything to worry about since another is already a huge suspect in this case. Trying to make the perp feel more at ease. More likely to make a mistake? I don’t know like I said A THOUGHT. I’m not saying CR is innocent because I know they got led to her body buuuut I guess I’m just thinking more in-depth about this. I feel like there is more that LE knows that is not telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen