CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people saying that he admitted an affair. He did not admit an affair, he denied it until LE proved it after a two day investigation.

that is accurate I just reread it

it also stated which i forgot that he consented to the search of the tank area after showing them exactly where he put his babies possibly indicating that afterwards he could not handle that he had placed his babies in there and wanted them out ASAP

conscious does things when calmer

as does profund remorse

A high school teacher from over 15 years ago (I'm assuming he graduated at 18) and a friend of 4 years (who we don't know if that friend has even been in their house or met the kids, do we?).

He didn't seem to have much of a social life, or really anybody to vouch for what a great upstanding guy he was other than people who were known to both him and SW.

I mean, my husband isn't the most social person in the world (far from it), but he has coworkers and friends who would definitely stand up and vouch for him if something were to happen to me and the kids. I think it's pretty telling that we aren't seeing this here.
My thoughts exactly.

Some of the posts re narcissism are hitting close to home for me. Within that last 2 years, I was swept off my feet and engaged, planning to sell my paid for home (MY HOME, not his), move out of the State, and was about to be coerced into buying an RV (and truck to tow it) so we could snowbird.

Now, I am not a stupid woman, nor young and naive. But, I was lonely and living in a new State (not where I grew up) with no family near, and few friends. I had almost given up the idea of ever meeting anyone. My bad, I allowed myself to be taken in my a narc who, I now believe, is also a sociopath. Little by little I began to see the light. He couldn't hide his true colors for ever, and his lies weren't adding up (they never had, but again, my bad, I glossed over some of the lies in the beginning...what can I say, he was nice to look at, fun and exciting...and he love bombed me to the extreme).

Once I began to really question him, trying to get clarification on some of the loose ends he presented that didn't make sense, I began to see the real deal, and it was UGLY, ANGRY, and right on the verge of VIOLENCE. And yet, there were those who thought he was mild mannered. He'd hoodwinked them just like he did me. In the beginning, I too painted a pretty picture to family and friends, the love bombing stage was glorious, and when it became obvious those bombs might be dangerous to me, for a bit, I was too embarrassed to divulge the truth to family and friends.

I wonder if she'd reached the point of truly seeing who he was, and began to lay her boundaries? NPD (narcissistic personality disorder aka antisocial personality disorder) can be very, very dangerous once the hurt party stands up for themselves, and "outs" the NPD's behavior. Looks up "narcissistic rage" and "narcissistic wound".

Very apt description ie: "Love bombing" describes to a T my experience

it also stated which i forgot that he consented to the search of the tank area after showing them exactly where he put his babies possibly indicating that afterwards he could not handle that he had placed his babies in there and wanted them out ASAP

as does profund remorse
IIRC he consented to the search after the sheet was spotted by the drone, along with the disturbed soil of her "grave". Not that he ran to them with info because his"profound remorse" was chewing at his soul.

We don't know the past of either SW or CW. Wasn't SW previously married and divorced? We only know the personas that SW chose to cultivate on social media or with her friends. Watching CW's relationship video and comparing him to recent videos...I think SW cleaned him up and helped him create his look for Thrive. And all those family photos with the coordinated outfits...some outdoor photo shoots...those are expensive! Their house looks immaculate in the Facebook photos. NU said that SW has the beds made in the morning, and an immaculate, perfect house...ok. How is it possible with a 3 and 4 year old, lupus, and 4 months pregnant? Either that is real control over their home environment or they had a maid.

I don't work for the defense or offense. I came here seeing CW's guilt in early interviews. But the more I am looking at...I think CW had to live up to a lifestyle that was picture perfect, he looked sloppy and lazy before. I know that goes against the grain. I think CW's affair was a passive aggressive way to have some control of his own life.
I do get what you are saying ... and I know women like this ...
I have considered that he was being controlled, dressed, told what to do and when and that he was a coward - who might have found strength to stand up for himself.
He could have been the kind of man that always had someone telling him what to do, how to dress, - his mother may have been a very controlling woman. I’ve definitely seen men like this ...
And it would explain why he screwed up so royally in the planning or in the aftermath planning - there was no woman to tell him what to do. Which means AP probably wasn’t involved. I’m sure phone records will tell us if she was called for advice or help.
With all that being said, even if he didn’t kill his children ... he still deserves life in prison for killing her and disposing of his children in such a heinous way BECAUSE if that’s the way he solves problems on his own, he needs to be locked away for life.

Today as I was out driving around with my windows open on a gorgeous summer day, I was thinking about Chris and the regret he must be feeling. Was it worth it??? To NEVER feel the sun on your face again? Never celebrate another holiday outside a prison? Throw a ball with a dog? Put your feet in the sand? Have heterosexual sex???

I don't feel bad for him, don't misinterpret what I'm saying. It just hit me all the GREAT things about life he gave up......for what?! So crazy!

as does profund remorse
I am not sure that he gets to consent to a search of his employer's property. And I am pretty sure that he only told them which tanks because they had evidence of his being in that area.
He has given nothing up until he was forced to.

I think the telling the truth story after speaking to his father was an effort to convince LE that his new story was the truth.
LE had him and he knew it. His only chance was to make up a story and pretend that it was the truth.
I'm not so sure he did admit to an affair. LE knew about it but I don't think it came from CW. IMO

Yup, kimlynn. The affidavit does not say he admitted the affair. It says he denied it. Then a two day investigation proved it.

If he had 1/100th of an ounce of that much compassion, wouldn't he have concealed them somewhere other than a crude oil tank?

but Pommery, it's no different than a cremation!

In fact next time I pass by my local funeral directors I should pop in ask them " Hey have you ever thought about oil tankers as an option? It's the new thing apparently and can I have this option for an uncertified death? Asking for a friend"

I can see his face right now.

as does profund remorse
What do you mean he consented to a search of the tank?

LE didn't need his consent to search the tanks!

Which could back up a murder-suicide on her part. Maybe she thought she would be alone longer than she was, enough time to take her own life. IMO

Are there any examples anyone knows of where a woman has murdered her children and committed suicide with her husband in the home right after he's said he's leaving?

I know there are cases of women killing their children and then themselves, but it seems usually to be when a woman has been struggling for some time as a single parent and tried everything she could and then felt that there no other options left to her.

The context here doesn't seem to fit. But obviously if there are comparable examples, then that might change things. At least change things as to whether a woman could theoretically do that.

We're still left with a lot of signs that CW committed all the murders, and that it fits in with other familicide cases.

Speaking of sharing, one of my favorite posts goes as follows: It is from thread 9, #254, by gitana1:
"We either know nothing - because we weren't there and cannot pick and choose what we decide he's tellling the truth about - or we can use our God-given cognitive abilities, critical thinking skills and basic logic to deduce that it is beyond any reasonable doubt that he annihilated his whole family.

His story is utter, incomprehensible nonsense."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member