Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local KWWL news just said a few minutes ago that the ME did clarify that Mollie was stabbed. They did not say that it was with a knife but say that sharp force injuries were usually with an item such as a knife. I have not seen that in any written article yet confirming that she was "stabbed". Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned yet. I've missed the entire last thread.

Well I am sure they are going to use her now for the investigation but after all is said and done if she is an illegal she will have to
go back to her hometown in Mexico. Is she illegal too? So maybe that is why she looks so stricken.

The reason she was there with the kid is because it garners sympathy.....ohhhh he is a loving father blah blah.
I said in an earlier post many pages ago that Aaron Hernandez baby mama did the same thing and everyone was in an uproar about it. And now she either just had another baby or due any day so she did not waste any time and loving Aaron has been dead how long? Yes, she brought the little daughter into the court but it did not work. If anything it made her look like an idiot for doing it.
I think the intent was strategic as well. However, I did see in an article several posts back that when asked by a reporter why she and the child were present, she said that even though they have not been together for 2 years, she did it for her child. I know that sounds ridiculous and doesn't make sense, but I think I know what she is trying to say. In that particular culture, women often have respect for their spouses or their babies fathers, even when that parent is in prison or has done bad things. In fact, it is not even necessarily unacceptable if a spouse has relationships outside of marriage, as long as they respect and support their family. I know that in itself is disrespectful and hard to understand, and certainly I don't want to generalize that is always the case, but in my experience I have seen this general attitude and it always amazes me that the women don't have a problem with this. The women rule over the home, the father is the provider.... having said that, I think what she meant by her statement was, He is the father of my child, and so I will respect that fact by being present. Of course it is blatantly obvious to us that it is horrible to allow your child to see such a thing. But we are not really talking about intelligent people. When I read her response I thought why in the world would she think it would be good for the child to attend? Then I realized what her reasoning might be. Here where I live we have a daycare ( playroom) at the court house where your child can play and never have an inkling of what's going on. Problem solved.

Of course but that is how you and I look it. Unfortunately many children are used as pawns today, divorce is a biggie and the kid always gets the short end of the stick. Do you really think those mothers care???
I could never in my wildest dreams do that but many can and do.
I think small children like that should not be allowed in especially when it is a parent all chained and cuffed. Again do you really think those mothers care? CR's defense might have even suggested it but she could have said no way will I do that to my kid,,,,but there she was.
I wonder what name her father used on her birth certificate.

Why wouldn’t LE have obtained search warrant for the perp trailer/house upon confession & discovery of body? Wouldn’t they want to search property ASAP for additional evidence. Why would they need autopsy results first?

Why wouldn’t LE have obtained search warrant for the perp trailer/house upon confession & discovery of body? Wouldn’t they want to search property ASAP for additional evidence. Why would they need autopsy results first?

as I understand it is different departments for lack of knowing the term. that local state had already searched and this was a additional search.

Abduction is the ultimate control high. To steal another human being and forcibly take them to a place they would never choose to go is beyond depraved. There are no words. The rest of the crime is obviously savage and heinous and morally beyond the pale, but the beginning of the hell is when you are stripped of your personal liberty in the second or minutes it takes for a predator to grab you and restrain you from exercising your will. I'd rather be gunned down face to face or running for my life than to experience what this beautiful young woman endured.
For many psychopaths, the ultimate possession is death of the victim. It says, "Now you're mine!" Good ol' Ted Bundy and other SK's (not saying that CR is a SK) progressed to that stage quickly. Maybe for this case, it was a hide-the-evidence situation. Whatever, the world has lost another good person. SMH

can we not delete replies here

Last edited:
Legal Eagles I need your help please. According to the Affidavit of Probably Cause it states the crime of Murder in the 1st degree and the date and time of incident to be July 18 between 19:45 and 20:28.

Does this mean that the murder occurred at that time? No guessing please. Thank you!

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/082118+DCI+Arrest.pdf

Oops I messed up again. Sorry about that last reply. I had said that I don't believe anyone here is blaming Mollie for her own death. I have not even seen that implication , rather that Rivera is blaming the victim for angering him.

Hatfield said:

It would be interesting if we could find out what the ticket was for. If it was him driving and if ticket was for driving without a license then it makes you wonder why the car was not impounded and why was he allowed to continue to drive it.

We wont know unless MSM or public record can be found out what the ticket was for and who was driving.

Would also be interesting if he even had car insurance. Most states require car insurance for liability reasons.

This makes me more convinced that the car was registered to the farm. This is small town America. Not sure what the regulations are in Iowa for driving without a valid license but if the car was registered to the farm the cop would most likely understand the situation right away. Farm workers using company car blah blah. And he could have a license since he has a fake ID. I think the registration is going to be legit and if he is somewhat legally licensed although under false circumstances, he would be good to go anyway. It could have been a speeding violation.

I would not even be surprised if the car had an expired sticker on it which can result in a car being impounded in my state anyway, that he wouldn't do it as a favor to the farmer whom he knows. I know I have not been stopped in my town for speeding even when I know I was absolutely clocked speeding, simply because the cops know who I am. I try not to take advantage of that but there are times I don't realize how fast I am going. Someone not recognized or with out of state plates gets stopped every time. I live on the main road and these people are always stopped in front of my house. I yell out to the officer "cha ching" which is the joke I use with them implying they are "raising money" for the town with their speeding tickets.

Can’t imagine the farm providing vehicles to workers other than for work related purposes in light of potentially staggering liability.

If Mollie felt safe enough to tell him that she would call the police..I wonder if he just acted like a pest at first. I know if I felt scared of someone following me I would not tell them to leave me alone or I would call the police..you never know how the person might react. I think that Mollie might have felt she could handle the situation until he became the psychopath that she never saw coming. Of course Mollie is NOT to blame for ANYTHING-that MONSTER is! My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member