GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

whate about amber cates, she went missing in 2004, i know the years are off but not like she could not of been kept alive

Lavender Doe is officially a DoeFundMe case and DNA Doe Project is taking donations for her here DNA Doe Project

Please donate if you can and/or share! You can donate through facebook or through www.dnadoeproject.org, just put 'Lavender Doe' in the note of your PayPal donation. They will put a specific donation button on their site for her in the upcoming days.

Last edited:
Longview man confesses to murder of two missing women
Burnette also confessed to the murder of a missing woman in 2006, who remains unidentified officially. Police have called her by the alias Lavender Doe.

Lavender Doe's body was found in October north of Kilgore in a heavily wooded area. Her body was "charred," according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

DNA Doe Project
"We have some huge news in Lavender Doe's case! Today it was announced in a joint press conference by the Longview Police Department and the Gregg County Sheriff's Office that Joseph Wayne Burnette has been indicted by grand jury for the murders of both Lavender Doe in 2006, as well as his girlfriend Felishia Pearson this summer. It was stated in the press conference that Burnette has provided full confessions in both murders. He has long been a suspect in Lavender Doe's case, and we applaud the hard work put in by both the Gregg County Sheriff's Office and the Longview Police Department in bringing justice one step closer in these cases.

While we await the Lavender Doe's sequencing results, we hope more than ever we are able to assist in her identification and bring closure to her loved ones. We will provide updates here as soon as we are able to."

DNA Doe Project's Facebook page has also released an update on the recent development in Lavender Doe's case:

We have some huge news in Lavender Doe's case! Today it was announced in a joint press conference by the Longview Police Department and the Gregg County Sheriff's Office that Joseph Wayne Burnette has been indicted by grand jury for the murders of both Lavender Doe in 2006, as well as his girlfriend Felishia Pearson this summer. It was stated in the press conference that Burnette has provided full confessions in both murders. He has long been a suspect in Lavender Doe's case, and we applaud the hard work put in by both the Gregg County Sheriff's Office and the Longview Police Department in bringing justice one step closer in these cases.

Edit: hey2525 beat me to it! That's what I get for being a slow writer! :D

Last edited:
Interestingly the article says that Lavender Doe might have been trying to get people to buy items from a brochure outside a gas station and her name might have been Ashley. Is that common knowledge or have you guys read that before?

First I've heard of Ashley but I tweeted Longview PD about Andrea Leigh Cotten #: R0403004 Type: Runaway - Endangered Height: 6' 0 " DOB: 07/25/1986 Eyes: Blue Race: White Wt: 120 lbs. Age Missing: 17 Hair: Black (dyes) Sex: Fe Last Seen: Corsicana, Tx Last Seen: 01/22/2004.

She has a thread. Runaway from Corsicana in 2004. Height is off but everything else matches.

When was the DNA sent in for sequencing? How long until results come back?

Burnette needs checked for other cases in the area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_21.png
    Screenshot_21.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 13
First I've heard of Ashley but I tweeted Longview PD about Andrea Leigh Cotten #: R0403004 Type: Runaway - Endangered Height: 6' 0 " DOB: 07/25/1986 Eyes: Blue Race: White Wt: 120 lbs. Age Missing: 17 Hair: Black (dyes) Sex: Fe Last Seen: Corsicana, Tx Last Seen: 01/22/2004.

She has a thread. Runaway from Corsicana in 2004. Height is off but everything else matches.

When was the DNA sent in for sequencing? How long until results come back?

Burnette needs checked for other cases in the area.

I believe Lavender Doe was sent to sequencing on Saturday. Should take between 3-4 weeks until genealogical analysis can start. Fingers crossed all goes well and she passes through sequencing like a breeze

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back