Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otto -- I was just re-checking the info from the TA website. It's actually "Travel Centers of America" (my bad for giving an incorrect name yesterday). Not only do they have showers (5!); they also have a "state of the art" laundry service -- washers, dryers, racks for hanging clothes, customers can use credit, debit, or cash, *and*...they can even receive a text message to let them know when their washer or dryer is done! Very convenient, I'm thinking, for someone who might want to make a quick dash for a shower after tossing a load of clothes into a washing machine... JMOO

Thanks! We know he cleaned up after a multiple knife injury murder because he had to have blood on him, his clothing, and his car. The truckstop seems like the perfect place to clean up, but if he lived alone he may have cleaned up at home.

Yes I don’t think she had any intention of running out of town as opposed to toward town if she felt she was in danger. 1900 385 is out of the range of her jog IMO and likely a camera sighting of his car or a phone ping.
CR told LE that he pursued her in his vehicle in an area east of Brooklyn. We don't know that CR is telling the truth.

I’m sure he is not. She would not run out of town when needing the car the next day. Maybe he is trying to say he wasn’t in town following her earlier. Idk his motive but she had no reason to run outside of town on a dirt road far from her moms and DJs house.

13:34 mark, for what it's worth, vague as it is:

Reporter: "We've talked so much about the Fitbit. Was that helpful at all?"

Rick Rahn: "I can tell you that we - as I've said previously - that we've examined her digital footprint, and certainly that played a role in our investigation."

Mollie Tibbetts update: Full press briefing
I think the phone was more effective than the fit bit. I’m sure I have posted before but on find my iPhone I found my daughter who was not answering me in the middle of a body of water. Sure enough after following her trail I found her far away from where she said she would be, canoeing to an island with the help of a few friends of hers. Now I only checked this out because her “cover story” was suspicious but a phone can tell a thousand words even if it is not answered.

On CR 's SM page, it shows he started college on Aug 24, 2009 at Preparatoria 35. That means he started his college education at age 15. But wait, he dropped out in the 7th grade. Who knows what to believe.

I’m sure he is not. She would not run out of town when needing the car the next day. Maybe he is trying to say he wasn’t in town following her earlier. Idk his motive but she had no reason to run outside of town on a dirt road far from her moms and DJs house.
I think CR had Mollie in his vehicle in the vicinity of Boundary & Middle and he high-tailed it out of town eastbound via 385 Ave. I still want to know where in Brooklyn his uncle lives. I think the Malibu may be owned by his uncle.

Jmo I think many folks are desperate to believe that we would recognize someone who had done murder, that somehow they would stand out, look different from us. They don’t. This is partly why so many murders remain unsolved. Also why many serial killers have the freedom to carry on as long as they do.

People rape, kill etc every day, and carry on with their lives. Students you see daily on your campuses have gotton away with rape, no doubt. People in my apt complex probably includes thieves, and who knows what else.

I strongly agree. I wonder, maybe the misperception comes from suspense type movies or TV where the villain is usually identifiable before they’re captured - but that’s not reality. And while the FBI releases certain behaviours that a culprit might exhibit, by no means is it guaranteed a perp will display even one of those actions.

Others here have stated LE was only able to make an arrest by sheer luck, but in virtually all stranger-victim crimes luck in identifying the culprit does indeed play a huge role.

I think CR had Mollie in his vehicle in the vicinity of Boundary & Middle and he high-tailed it out of town eastbound via 385 Ave. I still want to know where in Brooklyn his uncle lives. I think the Malibu may be owned by his uncle.
She was very likely with him there IMO. I don’t believe he involved family in this but an interesting point none the less....somewhere to shower after a long day “working in the farm”.

Normally, no.
And the ping is only a guesstimate of where someone is. I recently had LE knock on my door and ask if everything was ok because they had a 911 hang up call. Of course I corral my daughter and her friends whose phones had no evidence of a call to 911. He chalked up to the ping being close to this area and I could prove nothing different. Still makes me wonder tho who called 911 and why? Lol

I agree about the car belonging to the uncle. With no license, I'd bet much more on the uncle loaning him a car than the employer. MOO

I assumed 7:45 was the beginning of the assault and 8:28 was when she died. Otherwise why would they indicate the beginning and definitive end?

The charges against Rivera were filed this past Tuesday but media reports indicate LE initially approached him on Monday. And iirc it was stated he turned over his cellphone to LE? I wonder if Location Services and/or Google Maps was active on his phone the entire time and LE was able to determine his entire route along with the correlating time by that means? Wasn’t that how he led LE to the precise spot, something about looking it up on his cellphone? Maybe but I’ll admit I’m not sure if I remember that correctly...

I strongly agree. I wonder, maybe the misperception comes from suspense type movies or TV where the villain is usually identifiable before they’re captured - but that’s not reality. And while the FBI releases certain behaviours that a culprit might exhibit, by no means is it guaranteed a perp will display even one of those actions.

Others here have stated LE was only able to make an arrest by sheer luck, but in virtually all stranger-victim crimes luck in identifying the culprit does indeed play a huge role.
I think people are questioning some of the information given by LE from the last presser. I.E. when did they get hold of the cctv footage? They say it was obtained from a neighbour; why wasn't it obtained sooner?, etc.

My updated map of Mollie’s jogging path with an alternate being doubling back on 385. This is 6.69 miles, approximately a 45-minute run at a 7-minute mile. Keeping in mind she was training for a half marathon and had run cross country in school.

Attachments

• F3128B20-35B3-4A74-B400-522E8CF55601.jpeg
    F3128B20-35B3-4A74-B400-522E8CF55601.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 39
I am sure some more reports of odd behavior will come out since the arrest. Things that seem relatively normal for the person will take on a new meaning. As I mentioned earlier I often return to the house with battle scars from major clean up of my “jungle”. It’s just no one thinks otherwise because it is normal until someone is murdered near by.

I agree about the car belonging to the uncle. With no license, I'd bet much more on the uncle loaning him a car than the employer. MOO
Either could be possible, IMO. The employer found it profitable to furnish/rent the trailer to him ~ might he have done the same for the auto? Maybe even for the group of employees to share? IDK. Just a thought.

My updated map of Mollie’s jogging path with an alternate being doubling back on 385. This is 6.69 miles, approximately a 45-minute run at a 7-minute mile. Keeping in mind she was training for a half marathon and had run cross country in school.

How many houses would you say are along the route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea