Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
In various reports, LE claimed they had the video for about a couple of weeks iirc. Given the amount of the reward, I’d imagine a lot of LE’s available manpower was actively devoted to all the tips coming in at the same time. And also dealing with people coming forward regarding LE’s ask that anyone in the area of the 5 locations between 5 and 10pm contact them. After the process of elimination, the black Malibu circling would’ve ranked high in suspicious but we don’t know how many other unidentufued vehicles LE also we’re investigating. Me personally, given the complexity, I think LE did a remarkable job in the depth of their investigation.

I did not write that the red shirt is currently relevant.
Yes, amazing how that one guy saw the distinctive marking and recognized it! They must have poured over those videos! I thought someone had said the neighbors were told to view them, themselves, that's why I was surprised LE wouldn't just ask everyone to turn in their footage to them.

Right, because if she threatened to call 911 the first thing he would most likely do is get it away from her.
That or disable the phone right then and there as he did whatever he did to subdue her. I’m not sure if u were being serious or sarcastic but if I was planning to knock someone out and kill them later and they threatened to call the cops the phone would be my first item to dispose of.

If there is a trial, it is the lawyer’s job to put whatever spin he can come up with to try to mitigate the crimes. Just as it is the jury’s job to dismiss or accept his claims/version. Of course it will sound ridiculous to us. But it is done in all kinds of cases. All cases, really.

The preliminary autopsy report says that cause of death appears to be stab type wounds. If they were able to make this determination, it’s likely that it was because they found no additional (fatal) injuries other than that. This would mean no skull fractures etc. But yeah, there would be significantly less blood if the victim was already dead.

Since she died from multiple sharp force injuries from a frienzied knife attack I think it was a very bloody scene. To cause death he had to stab her in vital areas repeatedly. For all we know he may have cut her throat as well after stabbing her elsewhere.

Have they said if they have found the clothes he was wearing when committing the murder? If so.. I am sure they will find Mollies blood. They can find blood even from clothes that have been washed.

That is what the suspect seems to want us to believe. Her family would know if she typically ran on that rural road, but it doesn't seem like a good idea. It seems unlikely to me, but maybe Mollie did run back and forth on 385.
Police would make note of the time that the suspect vehicle was first seen circling, prior to Mollie jogging in the area. That might be the initial time of the incident at 7:45. The incident occurred 1.2 miles away on 385 Ave, so it's quite possible that he abducted her around 8PM, drove her East, assaulted her in one of the nearby fields at 8:28.
I remember something from LE in response to a reporter question re: the 385 Ave spot you mentioned, that he (suspect) told them that or that's what they think, or something to that effect, suggesting to me that they're relaying his story, not verifying that's where he got her. Do we know for sure that they digitally can place her there at that time or is that not really known?

Since she died from multiple sharp force injuries from a frienzied knife attack I think it was a very bloody scene. To cause death he had to stab her in vital areas repeatedly. For all we know he may have cut her throat as well after stabbing her elsewhere.

Have they said if they have found the clothes he was wearing when committing the murder? If so.. I am sure they will find Mollies blood. They can find blood even from clothes that have been washed.
Absolutely. We haven’t heard anything in regard to bloody clothing or a weapon being recovered.

I'm kind of curious. What makes anybody think he went elsewhere to shower? Why wouldn't he go home? I can't see him going to any public place. I can see him heading to a swimming hole and taking a dip. It's Summertime and nobody would think that was strange. I can see him using a hose and saying he was hot. I just can't see him walking into a truck stop or his Uncles's house with blood on him. I think he went home.

Yes, I looked up recommended camera placement at truck stops:
  • Be sure to install cameras by all exits and entries so you can help capture the detailed faces and license plates of every truck stop visitor

CCTV and Security Cameras for Truck Stops

Maybe CR used his phone to google map a location to dump the body or find his way home at 8:28pm.
I think he already had this place picked out. I think he planned on doing this for a while, not necessarily to Mollie, but when the opportunity presented itself. He was very organized. He almost got away with it had it not been for Farmer of the Year’s video.

That or disable the phone right then and there as he did whatever he did to subdue her. I’m not sure if u were being serious or sarcastic but if I was planning to knock someone out and kill them later and they threatened to call the cops the phone would be my first item to dispose of.

I was being serious, if she actually threatened to call 911 I imagine him ripping the phone away from her

That is what the suspect seems to want us to believe. Her family would know if she typically ran on that rural road, but it doesn't seem like a good idea. It seems unlikely to me, but maybe Mollie did run back and forth on 385.
I've played this over in my head and wonder if he didn't get behind her, in his car, about Boundary and Middle, and was driving slowly, tormenting. catcalling and taunting her. If maybe somehow his car and presence kept "pushing" or guiding her where he wanted her to go without actually touching her with the car.

From the map, it appears to me she might have turned left, up a stretch of deserted road toward her mom's, but if he were behind her, maybe she felt more comfortable staying on 385 because there were a few houses on 385.

I suspect that him being in the area, harassing her might have influenced where she was able to go.

Don't know if that makes any sense . . .

I live in an area that has many undocumented farm and migrant workers. It has been my experience that when the kids come here as older teens, they do not enroll in school. Importance is placed upon workingm not education. I know this because I volunteer at our community center and have helped many get their GEDs over the years.

So, if we are to believe that Mollie died of multiple sharp-force injuries in the 1900 block of 385th Avenue no later than 8:28 p.m. - which is how the affidavit is interpreted by some - then it follows that whatever sexual motive led to Mollie's attack suddenly gave way to a rage killing.

And, if this is in fact where she died from the multiple sharp force injuries, she did exactly what is taught: Even when threatened with a weapon, such as a knife, fight with everything you have to avoid getting in a vehicle with the perpetrator. Her family did say she was a fighter.

(MOO from details we've been provided)

Last edited:
I was being serious, if she actually threatened to call 911 I imagine him ripping the phone away from her
I agree. Mollie’s act of threatening to call 911 (if it happened), has a high probability of succeeding against most unwanted advances. This was the precise circumstance that her doing that, had no chance of working. This guy was going to attack her, regardless of what she said or did. I imagine that as soon as she made that statement, he went for her, and the phone.

And the ping is only a guesstimate of where someone is. I recently had LE knock on my door and ask if everything was ok because they had a 911 hang up call. Of course I corral my daughter and her friends whose phones had no evidence of a call to 911. He chalked up to the ping being close to this area and I could prove nothing different. Still makes me wonder tho who called 911 and why? Lol
My son called 911 when he was small because I was making him eat biscuits and gravy instead of pop tarts. The officers that responded were amazing. His first try was to the Humane Society but they told him they couldn’t help him. Lol

Yes my thought too. I’m sorry I may have misread your intent. The fact that it pinged later near the pig farm according to LE tells me that she didn’t threaten him with a call to 911 at all. Who is so enraged by someone threatening to call police keeps a working phone in their car pinging randomly as they drive? At least 1/2 the story is BS imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong