Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question but did the pig farm have a cell tower and is it known for certain that Mollie’s cellphone pinged it....or has this been stated so many times that’s it’s become fact. Because I can’t find MSM reporting anything like that. I’m confused because I thought the pig farm was searched because of the misidentified red shirt that was found nearby along with a possible tip in consideration to the owners prior convictions ???
There was never any red shirt found that was found by LE. It was never verified. They were searching the pig farm area based on tips and cell phone pings.

Silly question but did the pig farm have a cell tower and is it known for certain that Mollie’s cellphone pinged it....or has this been stated so many times that’s it’s become fact. Because I can’t find MSM reporting anything like that. I’m confused because I thought the pig farm was searched because of the misidentified red shirt that was found nearby along with a possible tip in consideration to the owners prior convictions ???

I believe the pig farm was on LE Radar due to WC stalking issues. None of the electronic data has been released. Nothing. The only real facts known are in the arrest warrant and affidavit and the last PC. And if course the MEs statement.

In the old days, my mom made me carry a big old flashlight to check my backseat before I got in my car to come home from work at night...she tried giving me one when I last saw her, when I was 50 and staying at a motel...not the worst idea.

If he had intent to murder, I would agree. At this point we don't know a motive.

I don't think there is an understandable motive when a man decides to grab a woman off the street, assault her, stab her to death, and leave her in a corn field. This sort of murder falls in the category of random rape, which is about power and control.

I think there is intent because he had seen her jogging previously, he had a weapon, he circled around in his car waiting for her on her route, he grabbed her and that was it.

Another man — who was only identified as Justin — claimed that Rivera followed his fiancée in his car.

“I vividly remember one day, it was around sunset or just after, my fiancée called because she was scared."

“I remember her calling me when she noticed how slow he was driving by in circles, turning around the block to keep up with her several times on her walk home,” he said. “I vividly remember one day, it was around sunset or just after, my fiancée called because she was scared."

Justin said she was returning from getting groceries when Rivera drove past her at least six times.

"Now it’s really strange because of how long he’s been driving around like that. It makes you wonder if Mollie was his only victim.”

New Details About Cristhian Rivera's Unsettling History — Including How He Followed Another Teen Girl In His Car Before Killing Mollie Tibbetts

“Justin’s” story was originally was published by unreliable news source Radar Online if I recall correctly. It’s utterly common for all sorts of people to crawl out of the woodwork making close-call claims after a tragedy. As for the sister story, ironically a person by exactly the same name was interviewed a few days ago and claimed to be shocked.”

“....While in school, Monarrez dated Cristhian Rivera, 24, who is accused of abducting and killing Tibbetts.

“Iris was very quiet, she kept to her friends. From what I can see she was a really nice person, shy but kind,” Bailey Gibson, 18, told the Mail.

“I’m sure she’s as shocked as we are.”...”
https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/mollie-tibbetts-ex-classmate-gave-birth-to-murder-suspects-baby/

In the old days, my mom made me carry a big old flashlight to check my backseat before I got in my car to come home from work at night...she tried giving me one when I last saw her, when I was 50 and staying at a motel...not the worst idea.
I think our mothers must have grown up together. Miss them, huh, cluciano?

ITA. All the DOJ has done in this case is place the detention hold to ensure the court would not grant a low bail which is what happened in the Sarah Root case. That killer is still in the wind.

That's awful. And here, given how much attention this case received (even before the suspect was identified), both state and federal LE want to be sure they are doing (and being seen doing) everything they can under the law to get justice for Mollie.

There is a possibility (not necessarily likely, but *possible*) that CR could be deported by DHS. This post is NOT about political implications or policies regarding immigration policies. It is about factual policies that may affect the outcome of this case, noting DHS may deport CR under reinstated policies that were discontinued in 2014 and reinstated in 2017:

bbm

Secure Communities - Wikipedia
John Morton of ICE called Secure Communities "the future of immigration enforcement" because it "focuses our resources on identifying and removing the most serious criminal offenders first and foremost."
That means deportation.

Countable
DHS will prioritize enforcement of immigration laws with respect to unauthorized immigrants who have been: convicted of a crime, charged with a crime, committed acts that could lead to criminal charges
CR fits the category.

I'm of the opinion that he had a plan for where he would abduct her, how he would do it, and where he would leave the body.
I think he did too. He admittedly was checking out the area in the days leading up to the murder. How far in advance do you think he may have planned it, and do you believe this is his first tine?

I believe the pig farm was on LE Radar due to WC stalking issues. None of the electronic data has been released. Nothing. The only real facts known are in the arrest warrant and affidavit and the last PC. And if course the MEs statement.
Has LE said any more about the body found 100 miles SE of Brooklyn? Anybody know?

Actually it is true as much as I never thought so until my sister was arrested for a vicious crime against her newborn son. I always thought she was a bit off....self-centered, didn’t empathize with others’ pain or sadness. But never in my mind was she a killer and she still is not but that is what she attempted to do. She could have been if she was successful and I would have said the same things. She didn’t kill animals or talk about death and never wished someone ill will. She lived a normal life, albeit crappy by my standards but she was not ever considered dangerous until she was.

How brave this was for you to share this. <3
This give insight into how this could have been the action and reaction of CR.

There was never any red shirt found that was found by LE. It was never verified. They were searching the pig farm area based on tips and cell phone pings.

Do you have a MSM link connecting the search of the pig farm with Mollie’s cellphone pings because I’ve not found it. Thanks.

I wonder:

No death penalty, life in prison, a prison in which he wouldn't have to work and worry about raising a family and feeding himself. Three hots and a cot. Then again, he want to significant length to hide his crime.

If CR truly is illegal will DHS want to deport him? I think the DA would want for a full prosecution and internment, regardless if Iowans would have to pay for a lifetime of his internment.

While I certainly can't speak for *all* Iowans, as a resident of the state of Iowa, I must say that it is ***highly*** unlikely that a majority of us would like to pay so much as a cent to cover a lifetime of housing/food/medical care for the accused. But that's just "me" -- and JMOO. No doubt tens of thousands of my fellow tax-paying state residents feel completely opposite, and are *more* than willing to take care of him. (Am entirely serious -- *not* sarc; have met enough Iowans to know that there are such super-generous, altruistic people out there in Hawkeye Land.)

Last edited:
Sadly, there will never be a time when these types of crimes cease. I see young men and teenage boys treating girls/young women with disrespect, and worse, near the high school where I live when I walk my dog. Sometimes they even yell out at me. I can’t help thinking they will raise their boys the same way, that is okay to snigger at girls, say things to them uninvited, even follow them.

But it does seem that there is more intensity and a kind of self-righteous rage when rebuffed that I never saw as a teen or young women decades ago. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288