CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any examples that we know of when somebody was threatening the life of his children, or their children were in a dangerous situation and he stood up for the children against that threat?

Or is there any example that we know of when somebody was threatening the life of his children, or his children were in a dangerous situation and he did not stand up for the children against that threat and only his wife did?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I know that family annihilation cases the murders are typically either done by surprise, one by one, or the person uses a gun or suddenly begins stabbing a child, leaving the surviving spouse (if they survive) trying to stop it and begging for them to not kill the child or children but somewhat helpless to do anything.

My husband would have been able to bear hug me to control me. He could kill me but he'd be able to physically control me without needing to kill me. Imo, CW could have done the same with SW. Edit: IF he didn't want to kill her.
Excellent point! Just take her and throw her down, scoop up the children & GTH outta there. Get in the car. Lock it. Then call 911 -- they will dispatch police & EMS. Simple. The police will take her away and his life won't be in danger, and the girls have a good chance of surviving.
Or,
he could drive to his company's place and ....
Eeny meeny miney mo -- hmmm, which one, which one???
Damm.

Around 0:45

Also @ 5:33

(not verbatim)
CW: ..it's Colorado...I mean you can't just drive around and look. Just like....you wouldn't know what to look for. The first day, I wanted to get out and drive around...You wouldn't know what to look for...
------------------------------------
He really was confident that LE would not be able to locate the bodies.

Doubtful, he can't be THAT stupid. He was probably trying to make it look like he was looking for whoever she went on the playdate with.
Wasnt Scott Peterson on the phone with Amber Frey during one of the press conferences or candlelight vigils?

I cant remember, but I thought he did this. They think they can do anything.

Moo

Her name is on the witness list. She appears to be a cooperating witness. I rewatched the police press conference this morning. They knew everything before CW “confessed.” They were working with Anadarko. The Frederick Police, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and the FBI all worked together on the investigation. They knew about the affair before CW admitted to it. There’s got to be so much more evidence that hasn’t been released, yet, that will surely come out during the trial. As much as we want to know, right now, it’s not going to happen. Unfortunately for us, the days of LE leaking to the press are over. As much as I hate it, I can certainly understand why.

I agree with you about press leaks. I’m just not convinced that the person on the witness list is the AP. I don’t think I read or saw anything that said she is cooperating or not, or isn’t just a witness. I thought when asked they said they weren’t going to talk about the investigation. I think it is possible the person named is the one who tipped off LE to the AP. The Affidavit says C.W. initially denied the affair. I don’t think LE believed him for a minute. And I’m not convinced she didn’t help him in some way. I’m taking a wait and see perspective.

Last edited:
Youd be surprised at what they get/get away with in jail. My husband is a deputy and depending on crime or what housing unit youre in these criminals get their own ipads. Completely ridiculous. If youre a non violent offender you can get "jobs" in the jail, can actually be out of your cell for long periods of time. Most actually prefer to stay in county jail and not be transferred to a state prison.

Yeah. It seems much more casual in jail as opposed to prisons. People transferred to prisons always seem scared.

Also @ 5:33

(not verbatim)
CW: ..it's Colorado...I mean you can't just drive around and look. Just like....you wouldn't know what to look for. The first day, I wanted to get out and drive around...You wouldn't know what to look for...
------------------------------------
He really was confident that LE would not be able to locate the bodies.
In Colorado you can see for miles and miles usually. Unless your driving around through corn fields.

I agree with you. I don’t think we have heard her name yet.

And I don't think we should.

Until LE discloses her name and explains the connection to the case, I think it is very inappropriate to sleuth and give shady hints about her.

LE has not stated that she is gone or has not cooperated, so best to keep her out if this. For the tine being

Wasnt Scott Peterson on the phone with Amber Frey during one of the press conferences or candlelight vigils?

I cant remember, but I thought he did this. They think they can do anything.

Moo
Yes . It was a vigil. He didn't stand with the family. He stayed off in the back of the crowd on the phone with AF meanwhile pretending to be in France. He described Eiffle tower to her as he was seeing it---- from a candlelight vigil in Modesto California

I agree with you about press leaks. I’m just not convinced that the person on the witness list is the AP. I don’t think I read or saw anything that said she is cooperating or wasn’t a suspect. I thought when asked they said they weren’t going to talk about the investigation. I think it is possible the person named is the one who tipped off LE to the AP. The Affidavit says C.W. initially denied the affair. I don’t think LE believed him for a minute. And I’m not convinced she didn’t help him in some way. I’m taking a wait and see perspective.
I’ve seen enough to make me 99.9% sure. There’s a lot out there from what appear to be reliable sources, but links and such aren’t welcome here, and I do agree, she should be protected. When I see her name on the witness list so soon, that tells me she’s not a hostile witness. I assume she’s cooperating. I’m hoping he texted her something that night, like, “Baby, soon we’ll be together.”

Where has it been reported that CW sent texts and voice mail to SW after he knew she was dead?

He himself stated repeatedly in interviews that he called her and texted her that morning with no response. Which wasn't a big deal because "she gets busy", but she "wasn't getting back to her people" and that concerned him because he said she would always get back to "her people".

And I don't think we should.

Until LE discloses her name and explains the connection to the case, I think it is very inappropriate to sleuth and give shady hints about her.

LE has not stated that she is gone or has not cooperated, so best to keep her out if this. For the tine being

Exactly right. I don’t think however we should assume the witness named on the list is the alleged paramour. She may in fact,just be a witness.

He wasn't out of control very long, though, was he? I mean, if we are to believe him, in less than an hr he witnessed his wife murdering their kids, he strangled her to death in rage, and then he got all 3 of his family members into the back of his vehicle and drove off to dump them. Who does that? Definetly not someone who is out of control.

Precisely. It's ludicrous.

It’s not known he actually DID, but in the interview he said that he called/texted her several times

Oh I think we can safely assume that's a fact. Because he knows LE would check. And he was quite busy trying to conceal the crimes. So why would he fail to pretend to call her? He would know he has to do that in order to be believable.

Last edited:
whuuuuuutttt? I missed that part...the top sheet and pillow cases were in the trash????
Yes, but we don’t know for sure what bedding was in the trash. We don’t know if it came off the master bed or if it was just a spare set he tossed out because he used one piece to haul her body with.

I still think the bedding in the master bedroom included sheets from that bed. Otherwise I feel like would have specified that it was blankets and pillows, but it said the bed was stripped and the bedding was on the floor. That makes it sound like the sheets too.

I hope cadaver dogs hit in their bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member