CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #2

I believe that is against the TOS of this site. Please ask one of the Mods to confirm.

I am asking if someone on this site has pre-established verified connections with surviving kin. If establishing this connection is a violation of this site's TOS, I'm sure I'll be contacted but thank you for the words of caution. I appreciate you looking out for me

From what I know, Roger was the youngest of 5 children. So, not counting his sister Becky and himself, there are 3 other siblings, if I remember correctly, all boys.
So, Roger had three brothers who may still be living. I have no personal contact with or knowledge of them. Becky's Facebook page is still online, you might find some info concerning other family members from there.

Please welcome our new verified member Mindhunter13.

Mindhunter13's vast experience makes him an incredible resource for the Websleuths community.

Mindhunter13 has been verified. This means short of hiring a private detective to interview family and friends we have been able to verify the documents he sent to us a few days ago.

List of Mindhunter13's experience:

*Verified Forensic Psychology Expert (Master's Degree)
*Fireman
*Military Police
*and finally since that isn't enough on his plate he is pursuing his doctorate in Forensic Psychology

Remember, it is up to you to believe or not believe what our verified members tell us. Verified members do not need to provide links if they state something as a fact.

Please be polite in your questions. If you don't want to participate with any of our verified members then please scroll by. No rude or snarky behavior allowed.

Thank you,
Tricia

Do you mean within internet lure or do you mean in the local community?
Pre-internet days, tales and suppositions among those who knew or were familiar with Roger and his disappearance. His story was familiar at least to ski community beyond his hometown - those he had competed with and against as they then pursued the sport in college, for instance. Those stories need told, interesting even if not necessarily what did happen.

Last edited:
Wow this is an amazingly strange case. A school full of people, right before classes start and he suddenly disappears and is never seen again. The first question I'd love to have answered is what he was talking to his friends about at his locker. There was also an article that had his mother stating he had been withdrawn and she had noticed a change in his personality the month prior. I wish she was still around to ask what the change in his personality was. How was he different.

So here's the list:
Roger Ellison
disappeared 2/10/1981-tuesday
17 years old
born 3/11/1963
5'11"-6' tall
150 lbs
dark blond hair/blue eyes
double crown birthmark (doesn't say where)
last seen wearing: blue tshirt, jeans, light blue nylon parka, white socks, sneakers (size 12 or 13)
Senior at Cedaredge High School
rode bus to school
shared a locker
last seen at locker 119
locker was in basement of school
last seen at 8:30am putting books in locker
did not attend any classes that day
had a wallet with id and $3.00 in cash
had an orange or yellow backpack
owned a motorcycle and a car (both left behind)
had about $1,000.oo in his bank acct.
popular student
"straight-A" student
accepted to Western State College, CO
had put deposit on room at college
Skier, was on a ski team
John Pash-POI
visited Pash's house on numerous occasions
Mother stated he was "preoccupied" a month before disappearing
Pash told parents Roger had personal problems and was suicidal

If I've missed any facts, let me know and I'll add them. It helps me to have a list of known facts to work from.

Much conjecture about this. Some believe Roger was gay.
I was wondering how he had been behaving differently during that prior month. His mother stated he had seemed "preoccupied", and I was curious if there were any indications from those who knew him that he had been "preoccupied" or behaving differently in that month prior.

would also love to know what his class schedule was that day and what they found in his locker. Was his backpack in the locker? I would think he would have left that behind in his locker if he was planning on staying in school that day, if the backpack wasn't in the locker it might indicate he was planning on leaving the school. When did classes begin? I also read he smoked marijuana, if so had he ever done it right before classes and where?

From the above article:

“That same spring that Roger disappeared Ernest Ellison died, many believe of a broken heart.

Before he died, he stood at the curb every day for months waiting for the school bus that used to drop Roger off. The driver said Ellison would scan the students getting off. Then he would hang his head and cry.

He was 58 and died of a heart attack.”

Sad.

I believe that is against the TOS of this site. Please ask one of the Mods to confirm.
Hi Rosesfromangels.

Yes, it is normally against TOS but our this is a bit different situation. I understand some of Roger 's family reads here. I am hoping they will contact Mindhunter directly.

Thanks Tricia for the intro for Mindhunter...it brought me to this thread. I have read through the past 2 threads and this one sure is a weird case. I find Pash's posts very interesting and I am still trying to dissect them.
My daughter is a teacher and she said no way would she have students at her house for any reason, although today's world is a bit different than it was back then but I never went to a teachers home for any reason back then. Yes, something a bit hinky about all that. On the flip side, I can see where he would want to defend himself if innocent but I feel he went about it incorrectly.
I hope a cold case investigator is assigned to this case and it becomes more known. I do not know if it has been on Disappeared or not, but I have not seen it and with the popularity of ID and Crimewatch these days, it would be a great avenue to explore to get this case out there in the media. I am just now getting into Lori's site to read up on that and I appreciate Mom24 post with facts about this case.

Please welcome our new verified member Mindhunter13.
Respectfully snipped

List of Mindhunter13's experience:

*Verified Forensic Psychology Expert (Master's Degree)
*Fireman
*Military Police
*and finally since that isn't enough on his plate he is pursuing his doctorate in Forensic Psychology
Gee wiz. I feel woefully under accomplished with my six years of community college ; )

Seriously though, what a case! My head was spinning after I read what I could immediately find, including old posts on WS, allegedly from the teacher in question, J.P.
I will say that I have no immediate conclusions, as I believe this to be a very complicated case with multiple parties involved. Perhaps a ringleader of sorts with minions, if you will.

Although many years have gone by, I do believe this case will be solved. I believe whatever pact of silence may have existed, will eventually be broken, and has probably already begun.

Amateur speculation and opinion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288