CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In those cases the mom usually kills her self she isn't then strangled by the dad.

Yeah I wasn’t arguing for the idea that mom did it. I was just saying that a Dad doing this whole job is so rare and so psycho that I am really wanting to understand what the heck he was thinking when he did it, and what went wrong. And I’m frustrated that he is using the SW defense because that means we may never find out.

In that video, I thought SW seemed nervous throughout most of the video. Soon after looking over at CW playing on the floor with the children, SW gets up from where she was sitting in the house and goes outside on the back deck to sit where she continued to talk and record herself on video. It seemed to me like she was trying to fill in 30 minutes of how calm and wonderful her life was.
Ahh I know which video you are talking about now. It's the one where she goes outside and starts praising CW and what a wonderful husband he is.

Read about abuse in children. The bad abuse people often never suspect anything these types have to be nice and friendly and play with the kids in order to get them to trust them. I really think SW walked in on something terrible and that's why CW killed them all to cover up the evidence of the other crimes.

Guys, honestly, to go a slightly different direction here....I can’t get past the whole little girls thing. I mean, those were two amazingly adorable little baby girls. And yeah, as mentioned, there are videos that show him happily playing with those babies.

What the HECK happened? I can’t even remotely wrap my brain around it. I mean, if you think back about family murders, it’s almost more often the mom that kills the babies—post partum depression or drugs or mental illness or a combination of the above. But a dad? Who doesn’t seem to have any diagnosed mental illness? Not on drugs, other than a thrive patch...? How does this even happen???? I guess he is going to argue that SW did them in, and although I have no numbers, it would seem that statistically it would be more likely for the mom to have done the girls in than the dad... but if so, and as discussed, dad wouldn’t have tossed them into an oil vat. He would have called the cops, sobbing. I can’t even figure out a motive that would fit this case. I mean, the girls were gone for six weeks and then BOOM, he had to babysit for a weekend. I’m sure it wasn’t fun for him. On the other hand, you’d have thought he would have missed them and been okay with babysitting. But still, either way.....I can’t even figure it out. Crazy, crazy stuff. It stinks that he is gonna argue the SW thing, because I wanna find out what was going through his mind when he decided it was okay to kill his babies.

Someone posted stats in earlier threads, and really moms are no more likely to kill children than dads. In singular child killings, the percentages committed by dads were 56 vs 44 for moms. In family annihilations, however, it was overwhelmingly attributed to men (70%) versus women (30%).

I'll try to dig it up, unless someone beats me to it.

This is why motive is not an element of any crime. We don't have to know why CW did it, or understand what he was thinking, we just have to look at the evidence and draw the conclusion that he did do it, then find him guilty.

Yeah I get that. I’m just curious, not that it needs to be an official part of the case. I mean, you hear from psycho serial killers why they did it, or what was going on in their mind. We don’t understand it (at least I HOPE not!) but it at least tells us what they were thinking. I want to know what CW was thinking. What made him snap.

Guys, honestly, to go a slightly different direction here....I can’t get past the whole little girls thing. I mean, those were two amazingly adorable little baby girls. And yeah, as mentioned, there are videos that show him happily playing with those babies.

What the HECK happened? I can’t even remotely wrap my brain around it. I mean, if you think back about family murders, it’s almost more often the mom that kills the babies—post partum depression or drugs or mental illness or a combination of the above. But a dad? Who doesn’t seem to have any diagnosed mental illness? Not on drugs, other than a thrive patch...? How does this even happen???? I guess he is going to argue that SW did them in, and although I have no numbers, it would seem that statistically it would be more likely for the mom to have done the girls in than the dad... but if so, and as discussed, dad wouldn’t have tossed them into an oil vat. He would have called the cops, sobbing. I can’t even figure out a motive that would fit this case. I mean, the girls were gone for six weeks and then BOOM, he had to babysit for a weekend. I’m sure it wasn’t fun for him. On the other hand, you’d have thought he would have missed them and been okay with babysitting. But still, either way.....I can’t even figure it out. Crazy, crazy stuff. It stinks that he is gonna argue the SW thing, because I wanna find out what was going through his mind when he decided it was okay to kill his babies.
You can't ever make sense of it. Nothing happened. He didn't snap, he's not insane, drugs didn't make him put babies in oil and laugh on tv days later.

He was born different and possibly made worse depending on his childhood environment.

Moo

In that video, I thought SW seemed nervous throughout most of the video. Soon after looking over at CW playing on the floor with the children, SW gets up from where she was sitting in the house and goes outside on the back deck to sit where she continued to talk and record herself on video. It seemed to me like she was trying to fill in 30 minutes of how calm and wonderful her life was.
That is the video that I posted about earlier saying she looked exhausted.Not sure what was going on but she did look nervous at least in regard to Chris and the children.
It wasn't a glance and away.It was several glances in their direction.Just caught my attention. IMO

Someone posted stats in earlier threads, and really moms are no more likely to kill children than dads. In singular child killings, the percentages committed by dads were 56 vs 44 for moms. In family annihilations, however, it was overwhelmingly attributed to men (70%) versus women (30%).

Oh okay that’s interesting! Maybe some make the news more than others. I keep thinking of moms driving their cars into lakes with their kids, and stuff like that. I don’t remember too many recent cases of dads killing young children. I have seen some in like drug addict families, where the dad gets angry at the child for pooping or something and he offs the one child, but like premeditated killing of young kids with no drug influence or prior criminal history...I dunno, it’s just so weird. What a weird case.

Read about abuse in children. The bad abuse people often never suspect anything these types have to be nice and friendly and play with the kids in order to get them to trust them. I really think SW walked in on something terrible and that's why CW killed them all to cover up the evidence of the other crimes.
Are you talking about predatory behaviour??

That is the video that I posted about earlier saying she looked exhausted.Not sure what was going on but she did look nervous at least in regard to Chris and the children.
It wasn't a glance and away.It was several glances in their direction.Just caught my attention. IMO

I’m going to go watch it again. I’ll report back with my observations.

You can't ever make sense of it. Nothing happened. He didn't snap, he's not insane, drugs didn't make him put babies in oil and laugh on tv days later.

He was born different and possibly made worse depending on his childhood environment.

Moo

I disagree with “born different”. Everyone has the same opportunity to make choices with their free wills as anyone else. Many people are born into difficult situations, with mental illnesses, or other struggles, and they do not mass kill their families. This was a choice he made, and the blame lies solely with his adult choice. Not his birth, and not his parents.

Oh okay that’s interesting! Maybe some make the news more than others. I keep thinking of moms driving their cars into lakes with their kids, and stuff like that. I don’t remember too many recent cases of dads killing young children. I have seen some in like drug addict families, where the dad gets angry at the child for pooping or something and he offs the one child, but like premeditated killing of young kids with no drug influence or prior criminal history...I dunno, it’s just so weird. What a weird case.

I think the ones involving moms stick more with us because it's just mind-boggling how you can carry a child, grow them, birth them, and then just kill them. I think people would expect it more from a man because he wouldn't have the bond of going through pregnancy and birth like the mother does. (Not that it's an excuse, just how it can be perceived)

Here
When parents kill: FBI data reveal disturbing patterns
More than three decades of FBI homicide data shows patterns stand out when parents kill their children: Three out of four child victims are younger than 5. In 56% of all cases, fathers are the killers. In murders with multiple victims, fathers are the culprit 70% of the time.

But if she was actually nervous "in regard to Chris and the children", she must not have been that worried; because she got up and left that area of the home and went out on the back deck to continue her video speech and her praises of her husband. She was then out of range to monitor her husband with the children.

I disagree with “born different”. Everyone has the same opportunity to make choices with their free wills as anyone else. Many people are born into difficult situations, with mental illnesses, or other struggles, and they do not mass kill their families. This was a choice he made, and the blame lies solely with his adult choice. Not his birth, and not his parents.

I agree, it's not an excuse... but merely an answer. However much we don't like the answer. Personality disorders are a whole different ballgame from mental illnesses like depression or bipolar. PDs are extremely difficult to treat/control because those suffering from them rarely ever seek help (or think there's anything wrong with them to begin with).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge