IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbm.

I had not heard he stopped going to Casey's. This is why LE pleads with people to report these kinds of differences in behavior, even if they seem so minor! Did someone report this to LE, or, did someone mention it after his arrest? (I've been a little out of the loop with new details in this case).

This kind of behavioral change might mean nothing, but, if only someone had noticed this and reported it.

I've worked in retail for years. Unless a customer has one of those "bigger than life" personalities, you wouldn't necessarily notice that a regular or semi-regular customer hadn't been coming in until someone pointed it out to you.

This guy probably didn't come in cracking jokes or otherwise making a spectacle of himself; more likely he quietly paid for his Red Bull and slice of pizza and left. He was probably in often enough that they knew his face, but wasn't so notable that they missed him until they heard the report that he was perp in this case. At that point the reaction was probably like, "Oh, yeah, he hasn't been in in awhile."

*I seriously don't mean to rehash things. Honestly. I'm very map and time obsessed right now and need to know if this works.

Has it been confirmed how fast Mollie normally ran?

I ask because distance-wise, I don't think it would be out of line for her to normally run to some point (or to the end) of the 1900 block of 385th. If she was running an 8 minute mile pace or less, running all the way to the end and home would be close to 45 minutes.

If she was planning to go straight to her mom's from Boundary and Middle area, she'd only have really run a couple of miles that night. Which maybe was the case, but that wasn't her normal distance, I don't think.

Going with this idea, I think CR followed her down 385 and either ambushed her towards the less-populated eastern end, or waited for her somewhere there until she was on her way back. That spot on LE's map was probably due to a Fitbit spike during abduction, which likely was a grab and go.

If Mollie was running about an 8 minute mile, that would have put her at that red dot around 8pm or shortly after. From that intersection it takes around 15 minutes to drive to the cornfield via V21 (sorry, I had this wrong yesterday) and past pig farm (only 1 mile away from cornfield).

I think he could have dragged/carried her into the cornfield and done all he did in approximately 10 minutes, and her Fitbit showed death at 8:28pm, or CR was on his phone at 8:28. Something. JMO

Of course, if she was a much slower runner, this scenario wouldn't work the same.
I hate to ask this but has there been any evidence that Mollie was raped

Bbm.

I had not heard he stopped going to Casey's. This is why LE pleads with people to report these kinds of differences in behavior, even if they seem so minor! Did someone report this to LE, or, did someone mention it after his arrest? (I've been a little out of the loop with new details in this case).

This kind of behavioral change might mean nothing, but, if only someone had noticed this and reported it.
It was posted in a news article by someone here on WS that one of the workers at Caseys said CR used to come in on a regular basis and then after Mollie came up missing he didn’t show up. Sorry, I don’t have a link. Maybe someone else remembers the article?

CR is likely not unintelligent, but he is unsophisticated and uneducated. To answer you I'm going to go back to a posit I made before about a cultural milieu basis for invalidating CR's Miranda. CR might have been incapable of believing that he has a right to not incriminate himself. In his home country, when the police bring you in for a crime this serious, you cooperate with them and tell them what they want to know or the consequences could be dire. He showed LE the body because he truly believed that he had to, or else. While he has been in the US for 8 years, he lived, working long hours, in a sub-cultural ghetto. Even with exposure to the outside world, MSM is constantly headlining stories of LE shooting and killing minorities (further enforcing his beliefs about LE's brutality and Lethality), as was common practice in his country in the first third of the last century in Mexico. In this country, these occurances are the exception, in his country it is rule. While CR did not fear MT, he is deathly afraid of the Federalies who actually did pick him up. The FBI have an imposing presence all their own, and I am certain that DCI is not far behind them.

What we saw in his court appearance was cultural shock. He is in way over his head, and has the fear felt by any caged animal that can't get out and is no longer in control of its destiny or environment.
I would be very interested in knowing his IQ.

Bbm.

Rhonda Petersen, an employee at a Casey’s gas station in downtown Brooklyn, said Rivera would come into the store "every couple days or so" after work, get something to eat and leave.

Peterson said she didn’t talk with him because he mostly spoke Spanish.

She said she hasn’t seen him in Casey’s for "probably a couple weeks at least."

Mollie Tibbetts case: What we know about her accused killer

I've worked in retail for years. Unless a customer has one of those "bigger than life" personalities, you wouldn't necessarily notice that a regular or semi-regular customer hadn't been coming in until someone pointed it out to you.

This guy probably didn't come in cracking jokes or otherwise making a spectacle of himself; more likely he quietly paid for his Red Bull and slice of pizza and left. He was probably in often enough that they knew his face, but wasn't so notable that they missed him until they heard the report that he was perp in this case. At that point the reaction was probably like, "Oh, yeah, he hasn't been in in awhile."
The article said he came in with other guys from work and they were friendly, didn’t talk much, but smiled.

Rhonda Petersen, an employee at a Casey’s gas station in downtown Brooklyn, said Rivera would come into the store "every couple days or so" after work, get something to eat and leave.

Peterson said she didn’t talk with him because he mostly spoke Spanish.

She said she hasn’t seen him in Casey’s for "probably a couple weeks at least."

Mollie Tibbetts case: What we know about her accused killer
Thank you!

Reactions: kpm
I believe he was being sarcastic and trying to point out that if everyone was so sure the pig farmer did it, and he didn’t, then people could also be wrong about Riveria committing the murder.
OK, thanks! I was under the impression an attorney (1 of the 3) wrote an op ed piece about WC, and I was going to look for it.

Last edited:
According to Fox News, the aunt of Rivera’s former girlfriend (and the mother of his child) called him a “talented young man,” who she’d never seen be “aggressive or violent,” and said she hopes DNA tests end up exonerating him of the crime.
Details Continue to Emerge in Mollie Tibbetts Murder Case – Rolling Stone

BBM - He admitted seeing her, following her and dumping her ..... how is DNA going to exonerate him?
Wit till the video comes out. That WONT exonerate him.

Fitbit will get down to the minutes, or, rather, 5 minute increments — see the provided readings from my Alta HR. You have to hold your finger down over the enlarged graph, then drag for time stamps. To determine intermediary intervals, interpolation is always a possibility.

Question: Do you - or any other Fitbit owner on here - occasionally receive invalid data due to the Fitbit being improperly worn?

I hate to ask this but has there been any evidence that Mollie was raped

Not yet. That is going to take a very complex collection and test if it’s there at all after the time in the elements. It used to take several weeks.

I hope the family remembers her as the beautiful phenomenal young woman she was. Rivera left her in a manner to insure she wasn’t when found.

My friend that was murdered was also raped. There was no trial as he plead guilty for life without parole. Her brother, an attorney, knew she was raped. Her father (who was I think in his 70's at the time) was never told. She was his only daughter. If there is no trial, I'm not sure how much the family will be told or if they will be given the option. Probably handled differently in different places. This was many years ago in Georgia.

Richards says Rivera's family hired him and that he hasn't spoken with Rivera about being replaced. Richards says he understands if Rivera wants attorneys with more criminal trial experience.

Jennifer Frese confirmed Monday that the two have been privately retained to represent Rivera.

Who is paying for them???? That’s a huge bill!

Latest: Suspect in Iowa Student's Killing Hires New Lawyers
Already schisms in his own ranks. Never a good sign...
"Richards says Rivera's family hired him and that he hasn't spoken with Rivera about being replaced."

I'm not aware that a Miranda warning can be invalidated. At the end, the person is asked if they understand. I think the moment they realized CR was here illegally, there was an interpreter called in. I doubt the culture in which he was raised will be a factor. He clearly has no regard for human life.

He certainly went off the deep end when Mollie said I ll call the police.

If course the attorneys can file and say anything. Winning those motions is another story

I'm not aware that a Miranda warning can be invalidated. At the end, the person is asked if they understand. I think the moment they realized CR was here illegally, there was an interpreter called in. I doubt the culture in which he was raised will be a factor. He clearly has no regard for human life.

Yes, Mirandas can be invalidated. When my stepdaughter murdered her daughter, LE took her into custody directly from the ER. Being a sociopath, she freely spoke with LE, and made a number of incriminating statements to explain what happened. An invalid Miranda had her most incriminating statements thrown out. In the MSM, LE admitted that this was the reason they could only convict her for a 20 year sentence and not life without parole. She served 12 and a 1/3 years, and is now free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson