CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason why I don't think this can be the case is, SW would have checked on the girls, as they slept. I know when I come home and my kids are asleep, I have never, not ever, not once, gone right to bed and not checked them, as in went into their rooms, looked at them asleep and THEN gone to bed..

That said, maybe not every one does that..it was late, she was tired and she was pregnant. But, I just still can't see her not looking in their rooms and they were gone or deceased then CW strangled her as she was confused from the sight of no girls in bed, or deceased girls in bed..(sorry for the TMI) its all so grim and unfathomable..
The baby monitors that he said he was looking at and saw one of the girls was blue......I'll bet it was SW that was looking at the monitors when she got home and she saw one of the girls was blue. Now that would sure as heck cause that emotional discussion CW was talking about wouldn't it?

If the girls are wearing the clothes that they wore to the party and not pajamas then they died before bedtime. And also stomach contents. I read somewhere that food takes 2-6 hours to breakdown. If they had food in their stomach from the party or food from dinner depending on the level of breakdown it would nail down time also.

It is why finding the 3 bodies as early as possible was so critical. CW thought there would be more time btwn their 'disappearance' and if they were ever found. Think about just skeletal remains, what can that tell you, not much..

The baby monitors that he said he was looking at and saw one of the girls was blue......I'll bet it was SW that was looking at the monitors when she got home and she saw one of the girls was blue. Now that would sure as heck cause that emotional discussion CW was talking about wouldn't it?

I have color night vision baby monitors, you could not see a child blue, a child 'looking asleep, being asleep, moving in their sleep' yes, but that kind of color at night, no...even during the day, but don't know what monitor they had.

I believe her cellphone was found behind a couch cushion which tells me you could be 100% correct. The night I left my ex husband he had started his abusive behavior and stating he was going to kill me. I was able to grab my cell phone (a black berry at the time) I pushed call call twice so my phone would call the last person I spoke to. I place my phone under my pillow, thank God it was my mom and she called 911. I was saved that night and never went back to my home. I left everything behind, minus my kids and their blankets.
So maybe you are right and pushed something on her phone and hid it, he very could have been telling her I'm going to kill you.
What a story. You are smart to have pushed the call on your phone. I'm so glad you got out of that situation.

I never would have thought of SW recording or calling during an altercation. I hope she did.

jmo

If the baby monitor is the same one seen in SW video she posted last year, then I cannot see how anyone would be able to tell if a child's skin was blue. As seen in video, in the dark, everything looks to be tinted blue.

I think the evidence is going to be overwhelming for him and also IMO his only regret right now is he wasn't as smart as he thought he was and messed up many things and many things he never thought about. JMO
I wonder why he apparently didn't consider that cadaver dogs would smell death. Maybe he just thought of visible damages.

I am sorry for your loss. I don't think he chickened out. The behavior afterward is not that of a man who was planning on ending his life. It's just so sad. Do you know if he is Catholic?
His behavior during the interviews is anything but distraught. If he thought of ending his life, he sure recovered from that idea quickly. He is showered, looks good, his clothes are pressed and clean. It would be totally understandable if he looked like he slept in his clothes, hadn't shaved or showered. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry to end the interviews, and he likes the compliment on his dang t-shirt. If he were emotional about the scenario or in an end-of-life state of mind, I don't think he'd chat about the t-shirt. I think a reminder that his wife gave him that shirt would choke him up. But, nope. He likes his shirt...and that's as deep as his emotions go.

He wasn't in distress, in my opinion. Maybe he felt stress with the LE investigating, but he certainly wasn't beating himself up for anything or looking like he wished he could end it all.

jmopinion only

I read somewhere that the dogs could sense oils/etc that happen immediately after a death... I think he only considered the smell after an amount of time had passed.

Yes I only learned that in these threads, that the body releases chemicals immediately upon death that dogs can smell. I had always assumed a body had to be there a little while before there was any smell a dog could pick up. Maybe CW though the same.

The only reason why I don't think this can be the case is, SW would have checked on the girls, as they slept. I know when I come home and my kids are asleep, I have never, not ever, not once, gone right to bed and not checked them, as in went into their rooms, looked at them asleep and THEN gone to bed..

That said, maybe not every one does that..it was late, she was tired and she was pregnant. But, I just still can't see her not looking in their rooms and they were gone or deceased then CW strangled her as she was confused from the sight of no girls in bed, or deceased girls in bed..(sorry for the TMI) its all so grim and unfathomable..
I traveled a couple times a month for work for over 17 years. I never checked my kids when I came home unless one had requested I wake them. I totally understand doing that, it just wasn’t something I felt the need or desire to do.

I'm surprised that we're not seeing old friends and coworkers from NC coming forward to give interviews about their memories of CW (good/bad/whatever) Seems like certain media companies would be offering some $$$ as incentives.

I've read the former schoolteacher interview comments, Thayers interview & NUA interview, btw

There seems to be a very tight lid on the personal history of CW.

From the outside looking in - the emotions, the grief that Sha'nnan's family is going thru is difficult to imagine. As a mother, grandmother and sibling I can't even allow myself to imagine the horror , loss , pain they are experiencing. I can't even go there.

On a side note; Sha'nanns first name. I'm curious if it's a family name. I've never heard or read about this name until this particular series of threads began. It's a lovely name & suits her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH