TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery woman in shackles is SAFE: Boyfriend shoots himself after she ran to neighbors’ homes, ringing doorbells, police say [BREAKING]
“On August 29th 2018 at about 11 a.m. the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office received a welfare check call in the 18400 block of Sunrise Pines in the Sunrise Ranch subdivision,” a spokesperson with the Montgomery County Police said during a press brief on Wednesday.

“Deputies received information a male made suicidal comments. When deputies arrived on scene they could not get an answer at the door and due to the circumstances made forced entry into the home. A man was found deceased inside the home.”
"This is the house where that woman was living with her boyfriend. She’s currently being interviewed by deputies."

DlzJ7rMU4AAXDMo.jpg

If she lived there on the same street where she rang doorbells, why didn't any of her neighbors recognize her?

Aside from "people don't know their neighbors nowadays"....possible she met him and they hooked up/conducted their relationship initially via the internet; he flies her into town for an in-person visit and things descended into a situation where she ended up running around the area with restraints dangling from her wrists.

According to Montgomery County Central Appraisal District website, the home being shown in the news media videos was sold 7-18-18 to a couple who share a last name but the person being mentioned in Sheriffs Department FB comments is a completely different name.
Also interesting, the couple is listed as the buyer but the tax info is still in the previous owners name. Public Access > Property Detail

I was wrong - not a hoax; but neither was it "trafficking," nor was she a missing person. As to whether all or part was consensual, perhaps we shall see.

Both fascinating and sad, whatever the case proves to be.
I was wrong too as I suspected a hoax or prank.

I'll gladly eat crow now as it is best served warm.

jmo

I'm not really surprised. She didn't look to be in any distress. She just looked lost and confused. I have seen these type of videos before and usually they turn out to be nothing.

The video didn't seem to indicate an enormous panic, but when I watched it again, with the understanding that she was pregnant, it made me realise that she truly was trying to get away from someone. One of the news reports shows just a couple more seconds of the video and you can see that she's trying to hide behind the porch post, and is looking back to the street.

I can't imagine ringing a stranger's doorbell, hoping that someone answers quickly, but also dreading being caught dressed like that and perhaps exposed to further danger.

The video didn't seem to indicate an enormous panic, but when I watched it again, with the understanding that she was pregnant, it made me realise that she truly was trying to get away from someone. One of the news reports shows just a couple more seconds of the video and you can see that she's trying to hide behind the porch post, and is looking back to the street.

I can't imagine ringing a stranger's doorbell, hoping that someone answers quickly, but also dreading being caught dressed like that and perhaps exposed to further danger.

It's strange they didn't show the whole video then. Because what I saw still doesn't really convince me. It just looks like a random woman walking up and ringing a doorbell.

I was wrong too as I suspected a hoax or prank.

I'll gladly eat crow now as it is best served warm.

jmo

You are very gracious, and this I say in my most tender tones - you have the luxury of being wrong because you are not one of the investigators who might dismiss a serious situation. I'm thankful that the police took it seriously.

It's strange they didn't show the whole video then. Because what I saw still doesn't really convince me. It just looks like a random woman walking up and ringing a doorbell.

I guess it's a moot point now. But, she likely had been running, and slowed down to negotiate the doorway. It looks to me as though she is mouth breathing. Try this video and check out the last second or so. It shows her hiding behind the post and peering into the road. Too bad it stopped there.

Sibling of missing teen says it's her in video ringing Texas doorbells | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Once LE id'd her, the bf knew the 'jig was up'... to use an archaic term.
Sometimes abusive types don't change... which is why I'm thankful he can't hurt anyone any more.
Trying to give the benefit of the doubt.... but I hate people (of both genders) who abuse others.

I haven’t seen or heard it be confirmed that she was pregnant so that is still speculation as far as I know. I still maintain that she looked out of breath and distressed in the video and I am SO GLAD she is safe. I really feel for her, this will be difficult to recover from. I’m upset she was possibly identified in the comments and I hope they’ve been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151