Identified! KS - Parsons, skeletal remains in field, Aug'18 - Marissa Craft

Article related to the above Namus case:

Family seeks help in search for Erie man

After he went missing, his family asked landowners between Erie and Parsons to search their land for him. I'd say there's a good chance these remains will be him. I sent a tip via KS Crimestoppers regarding the case.

Dear creepedout,

Thank you for sending the tip to Crimestoppers.

Whoever these remains are identified with, there will be a very sad family. There will be closure but still deep sadness.

Article related to the above Namus case:

Family seeks help in search for Erie man

After he went missing, his family asked landowners between Erie and Parsons to search their land for him. I'd say there's a good chance these remains will be him. I sent a tip via KS Crimestoppers regarding the case.
Looks as if the remains were found away from the Neosho River, along which Shumate was said to walk, according to the Sun article. Some assumed Shumate might have taken refuge on Big Island, in the river. It must have been searched closely, I would think.

(The location where the remains were found is in the general vicinity - miles - of Bender Mound, the much-storied site of serial murder in the early 1870s, btw. See Bloody Benders - Wikipedia. Also, the small, violent, now-extinct town of Ladore is closer still.)

Last edited:
Looks as if the remains were found away from the Neosho River, along which Shumate was said to walk, according to the Sun article. Some assumed Shumate might have taken refuge on Big Island, in the river. It must have been searched closely, I would think.

(The location where the remains were found is in the general vicinity - miles - of Bender Mound, the much-storied site of serial murder in the early 1870s, btw. See Bloody Benders - Wikipedia. Also, the small, violent, now-extinct town of Ladore is closer still.)
Of course. Thank you. Any ghost stories about the local cemetery?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back