IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying he killed her so she wouldn't tell anyone? You don't think the murder could have been part of the sexual gratification?

It's pretty rare for necrophilia, or a sadist so affected he kills his victim. It would appear more frequent that the perpetrator panics, or becomes enraged or tries to shut up his victim. And 'accidental' on purpose murder.

By report the suspect in custody now doesn't have a lengthy history of sadism, but we don't have all the facts. Reports do indicate he has a temper. So a panic or rage murder makes some sense.

Just a few random thoughts. In the video of him arriving at Court and getting out of the truck he had a little pep in his step hopping out of the truck. Not a care in the world? I was happy to see there was a perp walk. In Court he appeared to be relaxed and showed no emotion. No remorse, no fear. Nothing. IMO
He had that "pep in his step" - until the one Deputy grabbed his arm and gave him a little "check yourself" yank. ;)

That’s where we disagree. I believe his motive was sex.

Sex? Rape seems to be a far more appropriate word... imo. He planned all of it. When he was in the stalking mode planning to abduct Mollie. He had planned to rape Mollie once she was under his control. Then he planned to murder Mollie so she wouldn't be able to tell anyone about the abduction and rape including who was responsible.

Imo he knew Mollie wouldn't ever have 'Sex' with him willingly. He knew this all too well before he even started circling his intended pray.

Imo.

When people want to hook up, don't they go to pubs or clubs? Who drives around alone stalking joggers when they want a mutually agreed on hook-up?
You don't know what it's like spending four hours driving around the same four blocks on a summer evening, do you? I wish I didn't know what it was like, but in my youth that was really common.

So you are saying he killed her so she wouldn't tell anyone? You don't think the murder could have been part of the sexual gratification?
That's a possibility as well, could have been any number of reason as far as we know.
But in this situation, I think it was not to leave a witness. Maybe a panic killing. I don't know if I believe he has escalated to this. I feel that he had bad intentions, but it got out of control when she fought back. I really think he didn't think she would fight as much as she did.

MOO

Last edited:
Did I answer your question? The post you were referring to was an extension of a long conversation about how Rivera went about the crime and more specifically whether or not it was premeditated. I had indicated that the fact that he was in the area the night before and admittedly saw her jogging suggests to me that he was considering and deciding on selecting her as his victim. As opposed to cruising around looking for girls. I'm pretty sure in his mind he knew full well asking her for a date would never be an option. He waited for an opportunity and he took it. Whether or not there was any conversation. That was the ultimate goal. Sorry didn't have time to explain before, making dinner for a hungry child in between messaages!
Yes MsBetsy, it did answer my question and explains to me completely where you're coming from.

You don't know what it's like spending four hours driving around the same four blocks on a summer evening, do you? I wish I didn't know what it was like, but in my youth that was really common.

Different area, different culture.

In cities, sure there are bars. In small towns, not that many, and they tend to be pretty stinky. Maybe people check out online dating sites now, but there is an awful lot of hanging out in high school parking lots and cruising in small towns. Some rural parties.

I would also point out the suspect is just that. He's not convicted yet, in fact not tried. So how does anyone know his mental state?

It's certainly not unheard of that males are capable of killing before or after a sexual assault. Some are able to control their victims, some are not.

But ultimately, like mentioned before, dead people tell no tales. I think sometimes people don't realize how far they went until they the severity of the situation hits them and the now believe they cannot have a living witness to their heinous act, which is sad to think about.

However, this is just another one of those random, chance encounter type cases that seem so unlikely...until it happens and we catch the perp. People tend to be quick to rule out scenarios like this as improbable, but yet again we have an unfortunate example that it does happen.

Because he panicked or had a red out, lost it and killed her before he got what he wanted. He may have been a newbie at this, and amateurs are likely to do anything under stress.

OR because dead chickas tell no tales...

OR because, the kill itself gave him a warm and fuzzy feeling...

When a rattlesnake strikes a human there are 3 options that may happen, because the heat signal from anything bigger than 30ish pounds overwhelms the snake's brain and infrared sensors. The snake may inject ALL of its venom, some of its venom, or none of its venom (20% of the time, no venom is injected). CBR was thinking with HIS reptile brain. As a group we are looking for a rational explanation for the actions of an irrational mind. Good luck with that!

No, that’s not out of the question.
Just wondering, how would you think it possible that his intent was trying to pick her up? In my mind there would be no way he would think it possible. He might yell suggestive things to her, but even he would know that's not how to pick up a girl, I would think. Especially if he tried it in the past.

He hasn't admitted to kidnapping her. He's admitted to approaching her and to waking up from a rage-induced fog and remembering that she was in the trunk but nothing else in between.

All they really know is that she's dead of clearly unnatural causes, that this pendejo is apparently the last person to see her alive, and that he hid her in a corn field. At this point murder is the only thing that sticks.
I'm sure it's still an active investigation and much more to come.

Just wondering, how would you think it possible that his intent was trying to pick her up? In my mind there would be no way he would think it possible. He might yell suggestive things to her, but even he would know that's not how to pick up a girl, I would think. Especially if he tried it in the past.

Weird people have weird ideas. Socially awkward ones too. Many exhibitionists think their victims are going to be turned on. That sounds completely inane, but these perpetrators have abnormal development.

Guess we will find out later the mental state of the suspect.

I'm saying the original intent was finding a "hookup", something he's been known to do in the past and something that's not uncommon at all.
True but I am pretty sure he would know he was looking in the wrong place, as well as the wrong person. No-one I know would accept a date from a guy hanging out a car window, or running up behind them while they are jogging! CREEPY. Where are all the women on here?! What do y'all say about it?! Need some support here.

True but I am pretty sure he would know he was looking in the wrong place, as well as the wrong person. No-one I know would accept a date from a guy hanging out a car window, or running up behind them while they are jogging! CREEPY. Where are all the women on here?! What do y'all say about it?! Need some support here.

Because you are a normal person with above average intelligence. Not everyone has social judgement, or the smarts to understand how 'society' works. Seems to be alot of them. :)

There is plenty of time to revise charges during and after investigators begin to discover everything about him. The murder charges are just the beginning.

The legal process is like eating at a fine dinning establishment. Things come to you in courses or stages. As of now, CBR has only just been seated at the table, and I'm still waiting for a before dinner drink. His new attorneys have now just declined an appitizer. The waiter has yet to walk up and read the menu out to CBR because the chef (the State assistant AG prosecutor) is still back in the kitchen writing up the bill of charges, as more ingredients come into the kitchen.

As in any good restaurant, rest assured that more good things are yet to come.

We can only hope that Chef Ramsay is the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member