IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I feel like some posters on the thread in general aren't grasping how small of a town Brooklyn actually is. Now add that with the culture difference of being not from that area or country even and I can see why CR wouldn't be attending any of the listed events. At this point I don't believe the evidence points an initial intent to kill. I think the evidence points to a rage kill either by some kind of sharp object at the scene and/or the cornfield. Its possible she could have been technically alive in the trunk and he gave her another strike with the object in the cornfield, but I don't feel anything at this point points to this not being an act of rage.

So are we blaming her now, for saying 'the wrong thing' when he began stalking her?

...?....an act of rage while he was in the cornfield? Didn't the rage begin way before they ended up in the cornfield?

Do people really go to HS football games of a school they didn't attend? I personally never have and I doubt CR would find that very appealing when he knows nobody, isn't part of the school community, and has a cultural difference. Importance on the word cultural difference. That really effects how comfortable/uncomfortable someone is in certain situations.

I have. I played in high school and love the game, so from time to time I've attended games in other communities I've lived in since leaving the home town.

But I was 36 and married with a kid when I left, not 24 and cruising for chicks. I think that makes a difference.

First of all, the mother of his child went to that high school. She was a cheerleader there and he was her boyfriend while she attended school there. So it is not like it is some strange school that he had no connection to.

But people here keep saying he has no opportunity to meet young women. And I am pointing out community events that are full of young women--- white and hispanic and African American women.

I think people are making too big of a thing about this cultural divide. There are plenty of white girls who date outside of their race. But not by meeting someone catcalling from their car, following them randomly on the street.

He'd need to attend community events, or go to the local Dunkin Donuts, and speak with new people and get to know them, to crate new connections.

I just am failing to see how someone of his culture (not from this country, migrant farm worker etc) is going to feel comfortable in any of the situations you mentioned. Theres a lot of very shady things in Mexico and if he wasn't brought up to respect women then he might think that is his only way I do not know what his upbringing is. Obviously he hasn't been womanless in his life if he has an ex gf and a child with that ex gf, but look I mentioned this probably ten threads back but I'll mention it again.

My moms friend, her husband, is from South America born there, migrated here when he was in his late teens etc. He has been in this country of the USA for 40 years. To this day he STILL feels uncomfortable at certain events because even though he knows 5 languages he feels his english is not strong enough to communicate with people. So he either doesn't show up to a lot of things and his wife goes in his place because of the uncomfortableness of the cultural divide he feels.

Do people really go to HS football games of a school they didn't attend? I personally never have and I doubt CR would find that very appealing when he knows nobody, isn't part of the school community, and has a cultural difference. Importance on the word cultural difference. That really effects how comfortable/uncomfortable someone is in certain situations.

I think a bigger problem would be a 24 year old hitting on high school girls at a game. I know it happens, but it might not go over well with the locals.

back when "You've got Mail" came out, my family had just gotten the internet and I started exploring with chat sessions. Random people would instant message me, and one of them sent me a photo of plastic underwear and asked me if they would leak. He went by diaper2wet I think. I humored him over the instant messenger, but I never gave him any real information about me and he never had a chance. Anyone who sends me photos of their junk has about as much chance as the oil rigger who messages me on FB saying I have a nice smile. They are instantly kicked over to spam and/or blocked. I'm not surprised that people are texting these pictures, though. Part of my job involves processing old cell phones. Sometimes, when the person who returns them doesn't include their return number and all I have is a tracking number, I go onto the phone to attempt to find information about them to help me figure out whose account needs to be credited. Let's just say I've stumbled on quite a few pictures over the years that I wish I could've unseen. Please wipe your phones if at all possible before returning/replacing them and include your return code not just on the outside of the package but inside as well. Sometimes the labels on the outside of the package get damaged and we have no way of knowing where they came from.

Funny, I didn't have that problem much. When I used IMs, I tended to use neutral or masculine sounding names so I was always getting propositioned by females (or reasonable facsimiles). A couple sent me pictures, and I just messaged back that I could look in a mirror and see better...and then blocked them.

I'm going to go with a "no" on Dunkin' Donuts, as that's where the po po hang. lol

>>no disrespect to LE. They are *amazing*

As someone who spent 19 years in CA, then 8 right after, in Iowa, it's a sharp divide between the races. That's all I'm gonna say.

I think a bigger problem would be a 24 year old hitting on high school girls at a game. I know it happens, but it might not go over well with the locals.

Funny, I didn't have that problem much. When I used IMs, I tended to use neutral or masculine sounding names so I was always getting propositioned by females (or reasonable facsimiles). A couple sent me pictures, and I just messaged back that I could look in a mirror and see better...and then blocked them.

I forgot how old he was when I made that post yea that wouldn't fly well to have a 24 year old hitting on 16-18 year olds at a high school game.

That night they searched WC’s farm they sure seemed focused. I don’t think it was just because he’s a creepy guy living in the area, they were specifically there for something. No, I’m not saying WC was involved in any way. And the search seemed to be focused way back in the fields behind his house, too far off the road to make any sense that her phone had ever been back there. And that was the same day they announced they got access to her Fitbit data.

I don’t know what was going on with that, but it did happen and I think it’s relevant.
Didn't some of the earliest articles state that the fit bit data led there? One of the local LE called it fit bit pings,and that's what caused a huge conversation about whether or not fit bits can ping. If he stopped there to get rid of evidence, I don't see why it couldn't have been closer to the road that he put it or anywhere in that general vicinity.

So are we blaming her now, for saying 'the wrong thing' when he began stalking her?

...?....an act of rage while he was in the cornfield? Didn't the rage begin way before they ended up in the cornfield?

If you read the whole post. I said he either stabbed her/knocked her out at the rage site and/or at the cornfield. IMO she was probably stabbed/knocked out at the rage site and already dead by the time she got to the cornfield, but if she wasn't then he most likely finished her off at the cornfield.

I just am failing to see how someone of his culture (not from this country, migrant farm worker etc) is going to feel comfortable in any of the situations you mentioned. Theres a lot of very shady things in Mexico and if he wasn't brought up to respect women then he might think that is his only way I do not know what his upbringing is. Obviously he hasn't been womanless in his life if he has an ex gf and a child with that ex gf, but look I mentioned this probably ten threads back but I'll mention it again.

My moms friend, her husband, is from South America born there, migrated here when he was in his late teens etc. He has been in this country of the USA for 40 years. To this day he STILL feels uncomfortable at certain events because even though he knows 5 languages he feels his english is not strong enough to communicate with people. So he either doesn't show up to a lot of things and his wife goes in his place because of the uncomfortableness of the cultural divide he feels.

What does that have to do with the abduction and murder of Mollie though?

It feels like people are sympathizing with the killer and blaming the victim. 'Poor guy wanted to meet a white woman but didn't feel comfortable any other way but by stalking from his Malibu. And when he finally gets up the nerve to speak to her, she rudely shuts him down. He is so humiliated and also afraid of her calling police, so he has to kill her. ' Sorry but it really bothers me the way this is trending now.

I’ve used the screen name Sharon Needles across many platforms for years never once hiding the fact that I’m a guy. I get stuff like that!

I would never attend a High school football game of a school I didn't attend. High school football is a community thing and I would not feel part of a community I did not come from or know anyone that went there personally. The only high school football games I have been too at a school I didn't attend is because my cousin was playing or something. I wouldn't just go to a towns high school football game I did not go to that school of.

Still think you are missing the cultural divide part. If I moved to say Australia tomorrow theres very little chance I am feeling comfortable going to a rugby tournament (a sport way more popular there than in the USA) with a bunch of strangers.

I think his intent was simply to hit on/seduce/impress? random girls. When he didnt get what he wanted he snapped and went into rage. I've seen plenty of guys do creepy things to girls. While creepy their initial intent wasn't to kill. The killing only happened once he went into rage and couldn't control his emotions.
If his intent was to try to hit on or seduce random girls in the area, than why aren't we hearing from all these girls in the Brooklyn area who he hit on? It doesn't sound like it's something he generally does. Someone would have noticed. He set out on this particular night to find someone, probably hoping to see Mollie again since he had just seen her the night before. This was deliberate, imo

Lots of college aged girls go to the local games in small towns. My kids went to them until they were in their mid 20's.

I should have some of you “sleuth” my community, it’s probably a hopping place and I just don’t know it.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Similar childhood, but in Illinois. Same cornfields, different state. People in small towns don't really "meet for coffee" unless you are over a certain age. And so many meetups are often family oriented. As teens we met up at the local Dairy Queen. I was also very square and nearly Amish, so I never attended fun field parties. A wild night out was walking down main street and getting pizza.

If he did use Tinder, he probably trolled women in larger areas.

"Lets just say it was the late afternoon hours of July 18th"

Listen to the last 45 seconds of this.

Between a sworn affidavit, which if a LEO lies upon in its application he could lose his job, and a TV interview in which the LEO is being deliberately evasive with no chance of criminal penalty; I can't believe you are seriously going to ask me which I believe? I want you to go back and watch the last 45 sec, and note how much his nose grows! As LE you are free to lie to, or misdirect what you say to a reporter, but as LE you dare not lie to the court! That's how you become a security guard! Thanks, but I'll stick with the arrest warrant application info.

So therefore scenarios :

After he chases her:

1. He catches her, hits/stabs her with an object knocking her unconscious and she either dies very soon after from head trauma or she bleeds out in the trunk. She is dead at the cornfield already. He then does the carry/cover thing like he said.
2. He catches her, hits/stabs her with an object knocking her unconscious, but she doesn't die. When getting her out of the trunk she is not conscious, but not dead so he finishes her off by stabbing her again then covers her with cornstalks.
3. He catches her, He shoves her in the trunk still alive, and kills her in a struggle after he takes her out of the trunk (I find this one super unlikely)
4. He catches her, hits/stabs her with an object knocking her unconscious, but she doesn't die. When getting her out of the trunk she is not conscious, but not dead, however she is bleeding badly enough so he just leaves her to die and covers her with the cornstalks.
5. He catches her, knocks her out, holds her captive for however long, kills her later then brings her to the cornfield, carries/covers her etc. ( I also find this one unlikely with the current evidence)

I think a case could be made for most of those scenarios.

Didn't some of the earliest articles state that the fit bit data led there? One of the local LE called it fit bit pings,and that's what caused a huge conversation about whether or not fit bits can ping. If he stopped there to get rid of evidence, I don't see why it couldn't have been closer to the road that he put it or anywhere in that general vicinity.
Yes, that’s where the whole argument about Fitbit pings came from. Disposing of evidence makes sense, but LE claimed they found nothing. And from what I could see, most of the searching was taking place a quarter mile from the road way back in a field. Maybe chalk that up to a bad reading or something?

If his intent was to try to hit on or seduce random girls in the area, than why aren't we hearing from all these girls in the Brooklyn area who he hit on? It doesn't sound like it's something he generally does. Someone would have noticed. He set out on this particular night to find someone, probably hoping to see Mollie again since he had just seen her the night before. This was deliberate, imo
But we have heard from at least two. And it’s creepy af to think of a 24 year old driving around saying stuff to high school girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member