Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

I just stumbled upon this case and I was wondering if anyone has looked into the shirt being related to a biker group/gang?
It might be nothing but I noticed a similar looking logo popping up in various forms on websites for biker and veterans. In only place I found a biker "pin" that seemed slightly similar to the logo on the shirt. I am wondering if he was a veteran from the region? I know from growing up in the sierras, that area is harsh environment to live in, if you are homeless.

https://www.thecheapplace.com/produ.../eagle-with-red-circle-pin-pewter-made-in-usa

I've emailed Mike Marty about the DNA Doe Project and its potential to identify Sand Canyon JD but I may not be explaining very well how DDP differs from earlier uses of DNA for identifying UIDs as he doesn't seem interested. Is it worth anyone else contacting him about it as well?

I've emailed Mike Marty about the DNA Doe Project and its potential to identify Sand Canyon JD but I may not be explaining very well how DDP differs from earlier uses of DNA for identifying UIDs as he doesn't seem interested. Is it worth anyone else contacting him about it as well?

Did he get back to you? Or just no response? Several of us have emailed over the last few months and not gotten a response; he might not even work for Wellington LE any more.

Did he get back to you? Or just no response? Several of us have emailed over the last few months and not gotten a response; he might not even work for Wellington LE any more.

I thought a read a post where Det. Marty had moved on. Who was the other Det.? Anyone remember?
Perhaps Tricia can get in touch and get an update. I thought she had done a blogtalkradio interview way back. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths
Cold cases are so very difficult to fit into an otherwise busy agenda.

ETA: I remember that Det Marty had done a TV interview and showed the sketch but darned if I have that link. Perhaps that news outlet could follow up as well. Does anyone have it?

JMO

I thought a read a post where Det. Marty had moved on. Who was the other Det.? Anyone remember?
Perhaps Tricia can get in touch and get an update. I thought she had done a blogtalkradio interview way back. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths
Cold cases are so very difficult to fit into an otherwise busy agenda.

JMO

I think LSODETECTIVES was a general account for the rest of the cold case detectives. I don't remember a particular name.

I think LSODETECTIVES was a general account for the rest of the cold case detectives. I don't remember a particular name.

Oh I thought LSO was a singular person. In the beginning it was several years old before Mmarty came on board.
So anyway, I alerted my post just to ask. I know Tricia is likely overwhelmed, LOL (to say the least). Perhaps they need a kick, haha. I feel that Mike Marty accomplished a milestone by coming here and that deserves some recognition for him, for them and for WS..

JMO

Oh I thought LSO was a singular person. In the beginning it was several years old before Mmarty came on board.
So anyway, I alerted my post just to ask. I know Tricia is likely overwhelmed, LOL (to say the least). Perhaps they need a kick, haha. I feel that Mike Marty accomplished a milestone by coming here and that deserves some recognition for him, for them and for WS..

JMO

Looking back I think you're right.

I hope this John Doe gets put into the DNA Doe Project. It would be awesome!

Yes, he did reply initially very quickly to say they already had SCJD's DNA in the system. I replied trying to explain that DDP is using DNA in a very different manner and that it might well be able to identify his victim, but he hasn't responded. Maybe I just didn't explain myself very clearly but I suspect he doesn't appreciate just what an amazing opportunity the project represents.

I emailed him again after Marcia was formally identified but again there's been no response.

I did however email the DDP and ask them to put SCJD on their list for consideration and they said they would.

I thought a read a post where Det. Marty had moved on.

You're right, he's now carrying out other duties but he presumably knows who is handling the case at present and could forward my emails to that person if he thought it worth doing so.

I SOOO HOPE this case gets put into the DNADoe Project!! That would be so very wonderful! (I am the one who was able to find the full Hawk image, after many hours of searching, lol. So this case is very special to me.)

I check in on this one from time to time because it was one of the first cases I really followed when I became a member here :)

I just stumbled upon this case and I was wondering if anyone has looked into the shirt being related to a biker group/gang?
It might be nothing but I noticed a similar looking logo popping up in various forms on websites for biker and veterans. In only place I found a biker "pin" that seemed slightly similar to the logo on the shirt. I am wondering if he was a veteran from the region? I know from growing up in the sierras, that area is harsh environment to live in, if you are homeless.

https://www.thecheapplace.com/produ.../eagle-with-red-circle-pin-pewter-made-in-usa

I actually looked at the whole scenario as a biker gang killing. I was very convinced because of some of the clues.

Yes, he did reply initially very quickly to say they already had SCJD's DNA in the system. I replied trying to explain that DDP is using DNA in a very different manner and that it might well be able to identify his victim, but he hasn't responded. Maybe I just didn't explain myself very clearly but I suspect he doesn't appreciate just what an amazing opportunity the project represents.

I emailed him again after Marcia was formally identified but again there's been no response.

I did however email the DDP and ask them to put SCJD on their list for consideration and they said they would.

LE did give us that isotope info. That was pretty cutting edge. It has a thread of its own.

Now that Lyle has also been identified, would it be worth someone else contacting either Mike Marty or whoever now has the file and urging that they contact DDP about their man? I suspect any further emails from me will be relegated to the crank pile.

I was actually just thinking that would be great if they could do that with this man ...

I am here and I am tracking. I now work for the Douglas County District Attorney's Office, but still monitor this case. What is needed? If you need to contact me you can reach me at mmarty@douglas.nv.gov

Reading through, I did reach out to the DNA Doe Project and then passed the info on to the person at the State of Nevada, Investigation Division who could make that happen. It cost money, so unknown if the State will spend the money to make it happen. I suggested it is the best bet we have right now at a possible ID on our Sand Canyon John Doe.

Eagle With Red Circle Pin
The t-shirt that we identified is linked to a specific location in San Francisco, CA that sold them in the late 80's early 90's, they were also available in a hiking catalog around that time, which shipped all over the world and is no longer in business.

One last note, this case is still a cold case and isn't currently being worked by anyone but me. I monitor it when time permits, but I won't let this one go.

You're a real trooper Detective! Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you got in touch with DNADoe project. Sometimes they can get enough donations for a case. They have so many cases lined up right now but ya never know what will interest them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back