Singer Aretha Franklin, aged 76, has passed away

Aretha Franklin funeral service on Aug. 31: Here's the official program

Full list of speakers, performers slated to appear

DETROIT - The full program for Aretha Franklin's funeral service on Friday, Aug. 31 has been released.

Local 4 plans to carry the funeral live on-air and on ClickOnDetroit.com. Coverage begins at 9 a.m.

Here's a look at the full list of speakers and performers...

Today was the final public viewing for Ms. Franklin who was in repose at New Bethel Baptist Church where her father was pastor. Reports indicate that Franklin is dressed in peachy-pink today with fresh nail polish. There is a farewell concert tonight at Chene Park on Detroit's riverfront. The Queen of Soul's funeral is tomorrow at Greater Grace Temple in Detroit. The service will be private, but 1000 people who are in line outside the church tomorrow morning will be invited to attend. WDIV, Channel 4, Detroit, will host an hour-long special at 8:00 tonight on the life and legacy of Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul.

Four Tops lead Aretha tribute concert

The Four Tops have led stars from the worlds of soul, gospel, jazz and blues at a tribute concert for Aretha Franklin on the eve of her funeral.

A People's Tribute to the Queen, held on the waterfront of Franklin's hometown Detroit, ended with a mass performance of her anthem Respect.

Her granddaughter Victorie Franklin thanked the crowds, saying: "It's truly inspiring to see how many hearts, how many people my grandma has touched."

My Miss Patti always reminded me of Miss Aretha

She. was.incredible. live!

If ya dont wanna watch the whole thing don't miss the runs starting at around 6:25

ahhh

I missed her intro

who was the lady in blue (going under) blue fan --- she was just amazing !!!

the only two i recognized were Whoopi (who was sitting next to whoopi ) i know i know her

and the only other one was the amazing congress woman Miss Maxine Waters

what was the singer in blue?

ha

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member