CA CA - Hannah, 16, Devonte, 15, & Sierra Hart, 12, Mendocino County, 26 Mar 2018 #4

In that KOIN article it includes some very interesting quotes given to LE by Sarah's workmates.

I am also horrified reading that the Harts had a 'library' room in their house and the kids had to "check in" and "check out" books!

I am confused, though. There are toothbrushes in the house. They haven't mentioned finding hairbrushes in the house? But aren't toothbrushes normally good places to get DNA from?

Yet LE have said they don't plan on taking DNA samples from the home to cross-reference with the not officially identified remains from the scene of where the Hart's vehicle went over the cliff? If the DNA from the remains matches 'someone' in that house, and you can rule out the six who have been identified, who else would the remains belong to but one of the eight who lived in the house?

I would be willing to bet that there was a check in the mail every month for each of the children, from the state. These people were sickening. Lived in a home where there was no sign that children lived there!!! How is that possible? Wondering if the children were allowed indoors?

From the article:

Investigators couldn’t figure out where the children slept in the Woodland, Washington home, the new records from the Clark County Sheriff’s Office show.

The parents had a double bed. Another bedroom contained two foam loveseats and a padded mat where police believed some of the children may have slept. The third bedroom held the twin bed.
—————
The family’s living situation didn’t always match what Jennifer Hart wrote about in prolific posts on Facebook. She regularly discussed the family’s vegetarian lifestyle, once posting a photo of Sierra smiling as she held a bunch of kale bigger than her head.

Clark County investigators in March found the family’s fridge stocked with hot dogs, ham, large packs of chicken breasts and a large roll of ground beef. The freezer held corn dogs, frozen tilapia and pizza snack rolls.
—————-
Jennifer Hart’s social media posts portrayed a family that spurned television and kept children largely away from electronic screens in favor of camping, gardening, reading books and caring for animals. “Traded in the television for the best big screen available. Planet Earth,” she wrote in May 2013, shortly after the family moved to Oregon.

Police found a large screen TV in the family’s common space and a tablet and a laptop in the home. The Clark County Sheriff’s Office has not yet said what the content of the electronics revealed.
——————-
Much more at link, including details of money received for the children. Read this and weep. :(

Inside the Hart family home, police search reveals debts, contradictions

I wondered the same
Whoever their heirs are technically owns their stuff, at least typically. But when I had to clean up/sell my dad's hoarded house, I communicated with someone who dealt with fast sales such as during divorces, who made me an offer that included them doing all the cleanup and dealing with the contents.

Since the Hart's house wasn't a hoarded mess, it might be even easier to find someone to buy the contents. An estate sale company or even a consignment store would jump at the opportunity even without the notoriety of the case.

NB: I didn't take the offer, cleaned up the house myself, and it then sold for almost exactly twice what he had offered. Glad I didn't need to take his offer!

I feel like stocking the refrigerator (including the two giant bowls of fruit) was staged - to discredit any “rumors” they were starving the kids.
I would be curious to see their purchases and amounts at grocery stores, farmersf markets, etc. over time and specifically right at the end. Also, I suppose if all the meat, for example, had use-by dates very close together that could indicate a big food spree prior to them taking off.

I would be curious to see their purchases and amounts at grocery stores, farmersf markets, etc. over time and specifically right at the end. Also, I suppose if all the meat, for example, had use-by dates very close together that could indicate a big food spree prior to them taking off.
It probably seemed like alot of food for 2 adults and 2 kids. But they had 8 to 10 people opening the fridge from morning until night.

I would be willing to bet that there was a check in the mail every month for each of the children, from the state. These people were sickening. Lived in a home where there was no sign that children lived there!!! How is that possible? Wondering if the children were allowed indoors?
1 article says the state gave $1900 a month to the adoption parents for the 6 kids. Plus their income. I think they also received an extra $10k a year from 1 of the bio dads.

Last edited:
1 article says the state gave $1900 a month to the adoption parents for the 6 kids. Plus their income. I think they also received an extra $10k a year from 1 of the bio dads.

The OregonLive article has a lot of detail in the source/amounts received for the kids:

"But the investigation found that money was tight and the adopted children were money-makers. According to records found at the scene, two of the children yielded the family payments of about $11,000 a year from a man who identifies as the stepfather in their birth family. "

"...The couple also appeared to bring in as much as $41,000 in a typical year from payments intended for the children’s well-being, according to The Oregonian/OregonLive's analysis."
[...]
"The children were an important source of income. Texas paid the family roughly $30,000 a year in adoption assistance payments, according to records obtained from the Texas comptroller’s office. Those payments decreased by about $550 a month in August 2016, the month after Markis turned 18. The final payment to the family was $1,900 on March 2."

From the article:

—————
The family’s living situation didn’t always match what Jennifer Hart wrote about in prolific posts on Facebook. She regularly discussed the family’s vegetarian lifestyle, once posting a photo of Sierra smiling as she held a bunch of kale bigger than her head.

Clark County investigators in March found the family’s fridge stocked with hot dogs, ham, large packs of chicken breasts and a large roll of ground beef. The freezer held corn dogs, frozen tilapia and pizza snack rolls.

I thought they even claimed to be vegan. But even odder than the meat to me is the junk food aspect of it: corn dogs? I would have expected all-organic, no GMO etc, even for meat. Was it all a lie for the cameras? Or was the stocking up all for show?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back