Singer Aretha Franklin, aged 76, has passed away

oh

Patti LaBelle Reveals That Aretha Franklin Requested Her To Perform at Her Funeral.

same song -- but there is no edit so I will repost miss patty's tribute

DH and I have been out for several hours, so I haven't seen much of the funeral coverage but heard some on the car radio. Cicely Tyson speaking now: That is one strange hat o_O They are running about 3 hours behind schedule, so this will go on for a few more hours. Beautiful, sunny, warm day in the "D". Rest in Peace, Aretha.

ahhh

I missed her intro

who was the lady in blue (going under) blue fan --- she was just amazing !!!

the only two i recognized were Whoopi (who was sitting next to whoopi ) i know i know her

and the only other one was the amazing congress woman Miss Maxine Waters

what was the singer in blue?

ha
Love Maxine Waters

Rest in Peace, Aretha

Though she lived to 76 and was terminally ill with pancreatic cancer, the Queen of Soul died without a will.

Aretha Franklin's lack of a will could make things rocky for heirs

For many years, Aretha's primary home was in nearby Bloomfield Hills (Oakland County). Local scuttlebutt was that Franklin was heavily in debt and didn't pay bills. The guy who used to clean my carpets (a friend of my brother since grade school) told me the same thing. His company cleaned her carpet a couple of times a year and often waited months to be paid. Franklin's creditors are likely lined up waiting to be paid for services rendered, perhaps years ago. Attorneys will take a big chunk, so there might not be much left for the heirs.

Here's an article about money she owed to the condo association in Bloomfield Hills:

Lawsuit: Aretha Franklin owes M-O-N-E-Y to condo group

...Aretha Franklin, who has landed in court numerous times over unpaid bills, is being sued over homeowner fees at a condominium in Bloomfield Township...

Last edited:
Franklin's 'Amazing Grace' holding Detroit premiere

The Aretha Franklin documentary "Amazing Grace" will be screened during a gala premiere on March 25 at the Detroit Film Theatre inside the Detroit Institute of Arts, a representative for the Franklin estate announced.

The private screening will be held on what would have been Franklin's 77th birthday.

The Detroit event kicks off a run of premieres for the documentary, which was filmed in 1972 but shelved for decades over rights issues...

I asked my friend that is an attorney to write on this topic in her law firms blog. Specifically if online legal forms, such as a will, will hold up in court. She said that exact topic had come up recently in a meeting. If she writes on it, I will post it. What a shame that Aretha did not have solid financial and legal counsel early on to avoid this.

Battle for control of Aretha Franklin's estate heats up at court hearing

Estate rumored to be worth $50 million

DETROIT - The battle over Aretha Franklin's massive estate is heating up in court, and Local 4 has learned there might be even more money at stake.

Franklin's estate is rumored to be worth $50 million, but Monday in court, there was word that new blockbuster Hollywood projects with her name on them could be in the works...

Judge overseeing Aretha Franklin's estate case puts property sale on hold

Pontiac — An Oakland County probate judge supervising legal challenges to the estate of the late Aretha Franklin ruled Monday that a proposed property sale cannot go forward until all heirs agree.

After the discovery of alleged handwritten wills were found in one of the legendary singer’s homes last month, it was presumed, including by the attorney of one heir, that Judge Jennifer S. Callaghan might rule on the validity of the documents. But Callaghan made it clear Monday that would be premature.

“I’m not prepared to do anything like that,” said Callaghan, in response to questions from attorney Charlene Glover-Hogan, who represents Kecalf Franklin, one of the singer’s four sons...

‘Aretha L. Franklin Memorial Highway’ coming soon

Lansing — The Michigan Senate on Thursday gave final approval to legislation that would designate a portion of M-10 in Detroit as the "Aretha L. Franklin Memorial Highway,” sending the measure to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s desk for likely signature.

The honorary designation would span a portion of M-10, also know as the Lodge Freeway, that stretches from Livernois Avenue south to Interstate 94.

Franklin died last year after battle with pancreatic cancer. Lawmakers praised the iconic singer before the vote...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back