Questions you'd like answers to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've been away a while, but we've been over all of this before. BDI'ers love to point to the GJ's finding that one "assisted" the other, but this is only because they couldn't definitively pin down who exactly was the killer between the two of them; and also supports the notion that both parents were in on at least the staging; but only one was involved in the murder (this is what the GJ could never determine, which one of the two).

The parents would have staged the wine cellar scene, no matter who was involved (not just BR). Period.

I'm sure BR believes his mom or dad didn't do it. He either doesn't know at all, or doesn't know directly. He would have heard the chaos going on outside of his bedroom, but he would have been kept away from the murder scene. He either knows there was a "fight" going on between his parents, or he blocked that out of his memory. It's quite possible he heard the commotion, but simply stayed in his room out of fear, so I disagree that he "must know" who was responsible. The pineapple and tea could have come earlier (before the blow-up/crime occurred) or after (while JBR was already in the process of being staged in the wine cellar).

I think when people tell a lie long enough they start to believe it. I do think he knows what happened. But its probably locked away in some dark recess of his mind.

I'd like to know is, how can we put up with living in a country where the rich can kill their children and not be charged?

Brubeck,
To those that have, etc. If you have the money to pay attorney's you can get away with most things, inluding murder, sometimes no money is required just a uniform.

I hope the full story how the prosecution led this case comes out one day, will it reveal collusion with the Ramsey's, links to private law companies, and conspiracies, only time will tell.

Sure, this is what you believe but it don’t make you correct. BR misdirected and lied on Dr.Phil. He is not an innocent in all of this.

He may have misdirected and lied, but he did so to protect his parents. Lying doesn't automatically make one a murderer. That's a logical fallacy.

You put this post in quotes. Whom are you quoting?
To answer your statement that BR couldn’t have been involved because he wouldn’t willingly put himself downstairs near the time of the crime, I will leave you with this:

HOFFMAN: Now, Mr. Ramsey I'm going to once again have you take a look at it and ask you in looking at it, whether or not you see any similarity between your wife's handwriting, and the handwriting in the ransom note?

JOHN: Absolutely not.

HOFFMAN: Uh, none at all?

JOHN: No.

HOFFMAN: Not even a little bit?

JOHN: Not even a little bit.

HOFFMAN: Now, Mr. Ramsey(cut off by John)

(John interjects now)This is something people do when they don't believe what they are saying is coming across truthful or not, so they feel the need to add to it.

JOHN: PATSY WRITES VERY NEATLY. SHE's A FEMININE WRITER. THERE IS MISSPELLINGS IN THE NOTE. SHE GRADUATED AT THE TOP OF HER CLASS. SHE DOESN'T MISSPELL WORDS LIKE BUSINESS AND POSSESSION.

CS

To answer your statement that BR couldn’t have been involved because he wouldn’t willingly put himself downstairs near the time of the crime, I will leave you with this:

HOFFMAN: Now, Mr. Ramsey I'm going to once again have you take a look at it and ask you in looking at it, whether or not you see any similarity between your wife's handwriting, and the handwriting in the ransom note?

(John interjects now)This is something people do when they don't believe what they are saying is coming across truthful or not, so they feel the need to add to it.

JOHN: PATSY WRITES VERY NEATLY. SHE's A FEMININE WRITER. THERE IS MISSPELLINGS IN THE NOTE. SHE GRADUATED AT THE TOP OF HER CLASS. SHE DOESN'T MISSPELL WORDS LIKE BUSINESS AND POSSESSION.

CS

Cottonstar,
Who does John think he is kidding?

Lets fake a RN, and of course we will toss in some plebian misspellings just so they know how dumb the kidnapper is !

Yeah that's really feminine, so neat the spelling is customized also.

sure, "bussiness" was spelled wrong, within the first line where it also says "foreign fraction".. but why are words like "particularly", "enforcement", or "countermeasures", spelled right? i'm not an english-speaker i'd probably get them wrong too. just saying.

the RN seems like somebody saw it on TV and film, like so many of us, how that supposedly should look like.

the most baffling line to me is:
"use that good southern common sense of yours"

common sense... like, writing a ransom note and demanding 100k (from a millionaire) and KILL the victim so there's not even a chance of getting that money... yap. common sense for real.

sure, "bussiness" was spelled wrong, within the first line where it also says "foreign fraction".. but why are words like "particularly", "enforcement", or "countermeasures", spelled right? i'm not an english-speaker i'd probably get them wrong too. just saying.

the RN seems like somebody saw it on TV and film, like so many of us, how that supposedly should look like.

the most baffling line to me is:
"use that good southern common sense of yours"

common sense... like, writing a ransom note and demanding 100k (from a millionaire) and KILL the victim so there's not even a chance of getting that money... yap. common sense for real.

leslievernon,
Its common sense if you are staging a crime-scene though: Now we need a way to explain how JonBenet went from her bedroom down to the basement?

Also anyone notice how the kidnapper also wiped JonBenet down and wrapped her in a blanket?

Everything down in the wine-cellar has been staged including JonBenet's clothing, its all designed to throw you off course.

Looks to me like John wiped JonBenet down and Patsy wrote the Ransom Note and added the paintbrush to the ligature, then she was hidden away in the basement.

Fleet White missed JonBenet when he looked into the wine-cellar that morning, i.e. saw no white
blanket on the ground or noticed an unusual smell, so maybe she was located somewhere else?

If the parents were staging for themselves why is JonBenet dressed in someone elses clothes?

Must be the parents were covering for someone else whose idea of staging included size-12's and longjohns?

Why because the parents would know how to dress JonBenet so that she matched the crime-scene's domestic setting, not that of a anything will do mentality.

The big Q is why would Burke go postal on JonBenet?

CS

You're conflating two completely separate issues (the ransom note and BR's interview). This is also a false equivalence.

As long as we're conflating, I'll do the same: JR was covering for PR writing the letter, and BR was covering for PR being up at all that night (i.e. "I was by myself").

You're conflating two completely separate issues (the ransom note and BR's interview). This is also a false equivalence.

As long as we're conflating, I'll do the same: JR was covering for PR writing the letter, and BR was covering for PR being up at all that night (i.e. "I was by myself").
Conflating? More like a big helping of plausible deniability.

So what if it was my boot print in the cellar-I played in the basement all the time.

The ransom note was written on my pad? I didn’t know that. Do you really think I would use my own pad and pen if I had written the note?

If we had written the note why would I use the amount of my bonus, $118,000? That would be dumb, and I’m not dumb.

If I had did it why would I say I went downstairs after everyone was kinda in bed? You see I have nothing to hide.

Conflating? More like a big helping of plausible deniability.

So what if it was my boot print in the cellar-I played in the basement all the time.

The ransom note was written on my pad? I didn’t know that. Do you really think I would use my own pad and pen if I had written the note?

If we had written the note why would I use the amount of my bonus, $118,000? That would be dumb, and I’m not dumb.

If I had did it why would I say I went downstairs after everyone was kinda in bed? You see I have nothing to hide.

Yes, conflating.

Plausible deniability wouldn't have been worth the risk for BR to admit he was up in the middle of the night if he himself committed the crime, sorry -- that makes little sense. You can't just chalk up everything to "plausible deniability."

Yes, conflating.

Plausible deniability wouldn't have been worth the risk for BR to admit he was up in the middle of the night if he himself committed the crime, sorry -- that makes little sense. You can't just chalk up everything to "plausible deniability."
Actually no. It’s called having a line on their schema of deception.

Actually no. It’s called having a line on their schema of deception.

Only in your own mind, because the "line" fits the narrative you yourself have concocted. That isn't a good rebuttal and doesn't address the argument.

Again, plausible deniability wouldn't have been worth the risk for BR to admit he was up in the middle of the night if he himself committed the crime. He didn't "have" to admit that in the Dr. Phil interview. No one ever knew he was up, definitively, until BR admitted it himself. Plausible deniabiliy was necessary with the ransom note because we knew it existed from the get-go. Same with the boot print in the cellar. It's a false equivalence.

Only in your own mind, because the "line" fits the narrative you yourself have concocted. That isn't a good rebuttal and doesn't address the argument.

Again, plausible deniability wouldn't have been worth the risk for BR to admit he was up in the middle of the night if he himself committed the crime. He didn't "have" to admit that in the Dr. Phil interview. No one ever knew he was up, definitively, until BR admitted it himself. Plausible deniabiliy was necessary with the ransom note because we knew it existed from the get-go. Same with the boot print in the cellar. It's a false equivalence.
It actually derived from an obsessive and meticulous look at all of the evidence. You see what you want to see.

Was it the flashlight, a golf club or... something else???

Was it the flashlight, a golf club or... something else???

NanaNZA,
There was a bar-bell in JonBenet's bedroom, don't ask why, its visible in a photograph somewhere, so maybe that was used to whack JonBenet on the head?

UKGuy, that is interesting. So maybe the blow to the head happened in or around JonBenet's bedroom? There was some discussion about there maybe being blood on a pillow. That IS odd that there would be a barbell in there. I came across OTG's thread about the weapon, so I am trying to read through that right now. This OTG is brilliant (as are you)..but a lot of this technical stuff is going over my head. I was thinking about golf clubs, but the CBS show likes the flashlight. For some reason, the flashlight isn't ringing true for me, but what do I know. .. Let me go do some more reading...

@NanaNZA
supposedly the blow to the head was bloodless... can somebody confirm that?

also, i find it interesting that there seems to have been so much fuzz about "jonbenet wet herself" even to the point of saying it might have ticked off PR. still, burke's feces-smearing activities... who cares, right? ... on jonbenets box of candys.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23