Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
Commenting as a new member of the board. I searched and don't see a current thread where the trial is being discussed. I've been watching The Last Defense on I.D. and it's refreshing my memory of that time. I was a mom of a 4-year-old and a newborn at the time, and I (unfairly) judged her by what I saw in the media. Hadn't thought about this case since then. Anyway...one juror was interviewed for this show and her first statement was how when she was chosen for the jury that all she knew about it was, "she killed her kids". She also mentions how the facts of Darlie being conscious of her looks, buying jewelry and breast implants, "didn't make her guilty, but it sure made ya think"...or something along those lines. She did exactly what that prosecuter wanted her to do and that was to judge her because "she wore 10 rings at a time" (prosecuter's words in the show) and didn't attend church regularly. In a town where the trial was moved to that was much more conservative than the area where the Routiers lived. Character "evidence" convicted her and I'm shocked after watching this show. So I am undecided right now...and leaning toward the fact that she did not murder her children.
One simple reason I have my doubts about Darlie's guilt is that she was, by all accounts of those who knew the family, a loving mom. I've watched the family videos of her interacting with her kids and it looks like she adored her kids.
I don't know if she killed them. I waver all the time, and that in itself makes me think that I probably wouldn't have found her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Another thing that bothers me about Darlie:

Why didn't she ever in her stories assume that Darin and/or Drake might be hurt? I haven't even heard her say this in retrospect yet. You know what I mean? It seems to be a given that they were upstairs unharmed.

Why is Devon only in underwear?

Another thing that bothers me about Darlie:

Why didn't she ever in her stories assume that Darin and/or Drake might be hurt? I haven't even heard her say this in retrospect yet. You know what I mean? It seems to be a given that they were upstairs unharmed.

Why is Devon only in underwear?

You know, that's a question I hadn't even considered. And now I want to know if she even asked Darin, when he came down the stairs, where Drake was. That would seem like a question one would scream upon finding their other kids dying.

You know, that's a question I hadn't even considered. And now I want to know if she even asked Darin, when he came down the stairs, where Drake was. That would seem like a question one would scream upon finding their other kids dying.

Yes, Bluefield,

That is exactly how I'm thinking. Darin claims he went up and checked on Drake after the police got there, but why didn't she do it? Why didn't she say a word about Drake on the 911 call?

When Darin got down there, he claimed she was already on the phone to 911. We don't hear her ask if he's okay and if Drake is okay while she was on the call.

According to her right at the start of the 911 call, someone came in there, stabbed her, stabbed her babies. If Darin isn't downstairs yet when she says this, she has NO idea if he and Drake are hurt. I know it could have happened fast, but like I said, in retrospect, she never tells the story and says, "What if Darin hadn't been alive? What if they'd killed him and Drake, too?" You know what I mean? Has she ever said "thank God Darin and Drake were upstairs?" Or That the killer didn't go upstairs? Does Darin?

In fact, the police officer who searched upstairs said he was surprised that there was a baby up there. Neither one of them said anything about Drake when the police got there. You'd think they'd be trying to get Drake to safety. Unless they knew he was already safe because they are the killers.

Darin said different things about when he woke up

1. He heard glass. He heard "devon, devon, devon."
2. He heard glass. He heard screams. He got his glasses and pants. he heard "devon..."
3. He heard glass. He heard Darlie scream, "Darin!" I heard that for myself recently on a youtube interview he'd done.

As far as his pants and when he put them on, I want to know where these bloody jeans came from. According to the caption from the website his picture is on, they say the pants are Darin's.

Crime Scene – Inside

defendants-exhibit-79-open-cabinet-drawer-with-blood-towels.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that information! Not sure if I misread, but has any result of latest DNA testing of the fingerprint been released to the public? Sounds like they've said what it isn't but not what it is.

Are they saying that much of the DNA evidence that's there can't actually be linked to anyone, just references to unknown male or female? One would think with such a bloody crime scene that they could get more definitive answers. Was the evidence not properly retrieved or stored, so is now degraded? Just curious as to why there are no definitive answers.

If she did it, then all the DNA at the crime scene should exactly match:

1 her
2 her husband
3 her deceased children
4 her surviving child

Apologies in advance if I'm not understanding this correctly. Thanks!

ETA: Why are they keeping results of the 2017 test from the public? That should be public information, especially since this is a death penalty case. Have the results been revealed to anyone besides the prosecutor? News media? Defendant's attorneys? Surviving family? Just curious.

Yes the state and defence would receive the results at the same time. Darlie's attorneys would advise her and her family of the results. We don't know why they sealed them but it was at the request of the defence. Probably due to the fact they don't help Darlie whatsoever.

The only DNA found on any of the evidence is the family's. Darlie blamed an unknown male intruder. Yet no unknown male DNA was found on any of the testing to date and that includes the partial bloody print on the glass table.

Yes, Bluefield,

That is exactly how I'm thinking. Darin claims he went up and checked on Drake after the police got there, but why didn't she do it? Why didn't she say a word about Drake on the 911 call?

When Darin got down there, he claimed she was already on the phone to 911. We don't hear her ask if he's okay and if Drake is okay while she was on the call.

According to her right at the start of the 911 call, someone came in there, stabbed her, stabbed her babies. If Darin isn't downstairs yet when she says this, she has NO idea if he and Drake are hurt. I know it could have happened fast, but like I said, in retrospect, she never tells the story and says, "What if Darin hadn't been alive? What if they'd killed him and Drake, too?" You know what I mean? Has she ever said "thank God Darin and Drake were upstairs?" Or That the killer didn't go upstairs? Does Darin?

In fact, the police officer who searched upstairs said he was surprised that there was a baby up there. Neither one of them said anything about Drake when the police got there. You'd think they'd be trying to get Drake to safety. Unless they knew he was already safe because they are the killers.

Darin said different things about when he woke up

1. He heard glass. He heard "devon, devon, devon."
2. He heard glass. He heard screams. He got his glasses and pants. he heard "devon..."
3. He heard glass. He heard Darlie scream, "Darin!" I heard that for myself recently on a youtube interview he'd done.

As far as his pants and when he put them on, I want to know where these bloody jeans came from. According to the caption from the website his picture is on, they say the pants are Darin's.

Crime Scene – Inside

defendants-exhibit-79-open-cabinet-drawer-with-blood-towels.jpg

those bloody jeans came from the laundry that was being done that day and the blood on them is Darlie's.

How do you post photos, I could have posted those photos of the blankets and the spa with the security lights.

Commenting as a new member of the board. I searched and don't see a current thread where the trial is being discussed. I've been watching The Last Defense on I.D. and it's refreshing my memory of that time. I was a mom of a 4-year-old and a newborn at the time, and I (unfairly) judged her by what I saw in the media. Hadn't thought about this case since then. Anyway...one juror was interviewed for this show and her first statement was how when she was chosen for the jury that all she knew about it was, "she killed her kids". She also mentions how the facts of Darlie being conscious of her looks, buying jewelry and breast implants, "didn't make her guilty, but it sure made ya think"...or something along those lines. She did exactly what that prosecuter wanted her to do and that was to judge her because "she wore 10 rings at a time" (prosecuter's words in the show) and didn't attend church regularly. In a town where the trial was moved to that was much more conservative than the area where the Routiers lived. Character "evidence" convicted her and I'm shocked after watching this show. So I am undecided right now...and leaning toward the fact that she did not murder her children.

Yeah anyone who doesn't know the case would be shocked after watching that travesty full of outright lies and misrepresentations. That show was geared to Darlie all the way.

As for the juror, she was interviewed for three hours by that program and asked to give her personal opinions. One of the members of our group has spoken to that juror and she is furious by the way she was portrayed. They edited what she said to make it appear she only convicted Darlie on her looks, that's been the defence theme from the beginning. That juror would have been subjected to Voir Dire and made to fill in a questionaire. they would have uncovered any prejudice toward Darlie in that case. They also made the prosecutor look like a dummy as they kept the part about the life insurance, they could have edited that out but they wanted him to look stupid.

It's an age old trick, I've seen it done in books before. I've seen it done on Darlie's own website where they will only give information taken out of context.

She was convicted on the overwhelming forensic physical evidence that proves she murdered her sons.

That juror has also received death threats on her facebook page from the Darlie supporters. They have taken all her photos she had on her facebook page and put them all over the internet.

That always bothered me, obviously she knew Drake was unharmed.

Ok, I just spent some time reviewing the case and finally getting a chance to look at photos of the evidence and some of the crime scene. The state had and has a very weak circumstantial case.

Blood spatter evidence isn't very solid. The expert who testified about the knife and blood drops in the kitchen came to a completely different interpretation than other experts I've read in other cases.

What would other cases have to do with Darlie's? You have to find he was completely wrong in Darlie's case and no one has done that as yet. yes he testified there were cast off blood drops on her shoulders and one on the back of her nightshirt, cast off from the knife as she stabbed her children.

As for the bloody knife on the floor, viewing the photo in the Forensic Files video, you can see blood spatters and smears on the floor around the knife, as if it had been dropped.

The state had photos and a video demonstrating the knife left a certain pattern when it was dropped and that's what they showed to the jury along with the testimony there was no blood where she said she picked the knife up.

The dust on the windowsill is a red herring. Not until I saw the photo did I realize the window sill is only about 6 inches off the floor. It's a tall window. Anyone entering it would have crouched over and stepped through the window, one foot at a time. I always had the impression it was a regular type window, with the sill located at or above waist height. In that case, someone would have disturbed the dust because they would have had to slide their upper body of hips over the sill.

That's true but the over crowded garage especially the big cat cage in front of the window would deter any burglar.

The timeline doesn't work WRT the injuries to the boys, their deaths, the 911 call and the amount of time it would have taken Darlie to run out in the yard and down the alley to plant the bloody sock. I also doubt she would have done that while naked from the waist down.

There is no prosecutor timeline. only a timeline made up by the defense. She had loads of time, Darin went to be at apprx. 1:00 she could have started staging the room then, took the lamp shade down and laid the flowers on their side. Also, the state's theory is Damon was stabbed twice in two separate areas of the room and that it is the second group of stabbings that start his 9:00 timeline. Her nightshirt was large and covered her. And if you're desperate you'll do anything. None of the neighbours saw any intruder fleeing down that alley so why should they see Darlie running down there?

One comment from the husband when he went into the ER room. People say strange things when they're in shock.

Darin is a weirdo and a creep but he didn't kill those boys, she did.

The hidden camera at the grave when Darlie went to celebrate the birthday of her deceased son was really poor form by LE

Standard operating procedure in any police dept to film the funerals of murder victims. They also had permission from the graveyard owners to place the microphone. Sometimes killers confess at the grave.

Valuables sitting out and not stolen: The perp was interrupted by Darlie and her husband, escaping before he could grab anything.

But why did he bypass them on his way in, take Darlie's chef''s knife, and go into another room and stab two sleeping boys? If he's there to rob, why not grab them and get out and no one would be any the wiser?

I now understand about the problems with DNA at the crime scene. The evidence was poorly handled, with clothes from various victims mixed together in the same bag while still wet with blood. That said, it was a small police department that probably didn't have a lot of experience in investigating murder scenes, nor much advanced training on retrieving and handling crime scene evidence.

No it wasn't, Darlie's shirt she was wearing was placed in a brown paper bag by itself. Damon's shirt and pants were placed in a separate bag but yes both together, that was a mistake. Devon's underwear was placed in a bag by itself.

That's why they called in Cron for his experience and his expertise.

JMO, Darlie may have killed them, but it's very unlikely. The crime scene didn't look staged, it looked real. Her defensive wounds didn't look self-inflicted, JMO. I don't see how she could have stabbed herself on the outside of her forearm.

At the very least, she shouldn't be on death row.

Darlie killed them, no doubt and she does not have any defense wounds. She has self-inflicted wounds with hesitation marks in both the neck and the arm. They might not look like it to you but they did to the doctors who treated her.

After reading through the trial transcripts I’m pretty sure she’s guilty. I imagine she had maybe made threats to kill the boys that night when she and Darin were arguing, Darin probably didn’t take her seriously and told her to kill herself too while she’s at it, which is why he stands by her as he feels guilty for not getting her help.
IF and it’s a big if, it wasn’t Darlie then I suspect he planned a robbery to claim some money on the home insurance but the perp took it too far and obviously he can’t tell LE who he roped into doing this because he would go to prison too and their remaining child would be left without a mother or father.
Surely Darin knows, if he’s completely innocent why did he stand by her for so long?

That always bothered me, obviously she knew Drake was unharmed.
Cami, can you elaborate at all on RPD's 1 week or was it 10 or 11 day investigation? Is there any information at all about their investigation of Darin besides that his statement didn't change?

deleted wrong forum

Last edited:
Mother of death row inmate refuses to give up hope

DEC 9, 2018

"The mother of Darlie Routier, the Texas woman on death row for the murder of her two young sons, remains committed to proving her daughter’s innocence.

“I still fight. I still go on. … We will never stop,” Darlie Kee, who is now in her 60s, said in a recent interview during a visit with her Altoona-area family.

Kee admits her struggle over the past 22 years is wearing on her...."

Mother of death row inmate refuses to give up hope | News, Sports, Jobs - Altoona Mirror
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought about the bloody sock. If you look at it, there's very little blood on the sock. Isn't it possible that she lightly cut one of the boys or herself much earlier in the night and took the sock up the street way in advance of the murders? There's no reason to believe she did it after she killed them.

Child killer or innocent woman?

The sock is just weird. I think she was just trying to lend credence to her story that the intruder exited through the laundry room and to blame it on the neighbor where she left it. Also, 3 houses down a back alley in the Dallas area is nothing. Those lots had tiny backyards. She could run down and back in less than a minute. Probably less than 30 seconds.

Yeah anyone who doesn't know the case would be shocked after watching that travesty full of outright lies and misrepresentations. That show was geared to Darlie all the way.

As for the juror, she was interviewed for three hours by that program and asked to give her personal opinions. One of the members of our group has spoken to that juror and she is furious by the way she was portrayed. They edited what she said to make it appear she only convicted Darlie on her looks, that's been the defence theme from the beginning. That juror would have been subjected to Voir Dire and made to fill in a questionaire. they would have uncovered any prejudice toward Darlie in that case. They also made the prosecutor look like a dummy as they kept the part about the life insurance, they could have edited that out but they wanted him to look stupid.

It's an age old trick, I've seen it done in books before. I've seen it done on Darlie's own website where they will only give information taken out of context.

She was convicted on the overwhelming forensic physical evidence that proves she murdered her sons.

That juror has also received death threats on her facebook page from the Darlie supporters. They have taken all her photos she had on her facebook page and put them all over the internet.

Please point out this overwhelming evidence as you see it, but please take the time to consider these facts:

FACT: The judge, in this case, had Alzheimers.

This is clearly evidenced by the obituary of this judge at the time of his death as well as his mention of it during the course of the trial itself. When you take that into consideration and some of his rulings, one in particular in front of the jury, which should never occur this point is quite telling.

FACT: The forensic "expert" Charles Linch questioned his abilities in areas that he testified on.

Two years after providing the scientific evidence that helped send accused child killer Darlie Routier to death row, a Dallas forensic expert questioned his abilities in areas in which he testified. A series of memos attached to a job grievance filed against the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences shows that Charles Linch questioned his qualifications in hair and fiber analysis and blood-spatter interpretation - all areas in which he testified against Ms. Routier, who was accused of fatally stabbing sons Devon and Damon in 1996.

FACT: Psychiatric issues and alcoholism plagued Charles Linch

Mr. Linch's psychiatric treatment in 1994 for drinking and depression, raise significant questions about the credibility of his findings. Those questions could become pivotal should Ms. Routier win the new trial she is seeking and could affect several other high-profile cases in which the forensic expert has testified. Mr. Linch provided the single most critical evidence against Darlie because it went to the heart of the defense that there was an intruder. This evidence that would attack his credibility should be a basis for appeal motions.

FACT: Charles Linch was never tested in the area of blood spatter

Records and interviews show that Mr. Linch never took a proficiency test in blood spatters and that, shortly thereafter, supervisors substituted another analyst to testify in a pending trial.

FACT: The Routier case was the FIRST case that Charles Linch testified on in the area of "Blood Spatter"

According to Mr. Linch, he testified only twice about blood spatters - the first time was during Ms. Routier's bond hearing.

FACT: Charles Linch was hospitalized for mental health issues along with alcohol problems and released in order to testify in cases and return to the hospital. (NOTE THIS WAS NOT DURING THE ROUTIER TRIAL)

Mr. Linch said he was embittered and felt more pressure after his treatment for depression and drinking, After first agreeing to seek treatment at Methodist Medical Center at his supervisors' request, he said he later was handcuffed and involuntarily committed at Doctors Hospital for about two weeks - a scenario he said was "unnecessary and humiliating." Twice during that time - and while he was taking prescribed anti-depressants - he was released from the hospital to testify in capital-murder trials in Texas and Arkansas.

FACT: If Routier was to get a new trial Charles Linch WILL NOT TESTIFY on blood spatter evidence.

Mr. Linch said he would refuse to testify about blood evidence should Ms. Routier win a new trial. "If there's a retrial, the word 'blood' won't come out of my mouth," he said.

FACT: Although he was not the primary blood spatter expert witness, he had done most of the "blood work" in the Routier case.

Although he was not the state's primary expert on blood-spatter evidence at trial, Mr. Linch said he did much of the "blood work" in Ms. Routier's case. In what he described as an embarrassing meeting before the trial, Mr. Linch said Mr. Davis instructed him to recount for Mr. Bevel how Mr. Linch had taken samples and reached his conclusions about blood in the Routier home and the only reason he was not the primary expert witness, the only reason that Bevel was the one to testify as primary was due to the fact that "Bevel had a book" on this subject.

When you have all of the facts and not just someone's flapping gums without proof, this case is not so cut and dried! ;)

R

Please point out this overwhelming evidence as you see it, but please take the time to consider these facts:

FACT: The judge, in this case, had Alzheimers.

This is clearly evidenced by the obituary of this judge at the time of his death as well as his mention of it during the course of the trial itself. When you take that into consideration and some of his rulings, one in particular in front of the jury, which should never occur this point is quite telling.

FACT: The forensic "expert" Charles Linch questioned his abilities in areas that he testified on.

Two years after providing the scientific evidence that helped send accused child killer Darlie Routier to death row, a Dallas forensic expert questioned his abilities in areas in which he testified. A series of memos attached to a job grievance filed against the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences shows that Charles Linch questioned his qualifications in hair and fiber analysis and blood-spatter interpretation - all areas in which he testified against Ms. Routier, who was accused of fatally stabbing sons Devon and Damon in 1996.

FACT: Psychiatric issues and alcoholism plagued Charles Linch

Mr. Linch's psychiatric treatment in 1994 for drinking and depression, raise significant questions about the credibility of his findings. Those questions could become pivotal should Ms. Routier win the new trial she is seeking and could affect several other high-profile cases in which the forensic expert has testified. Mr. Linch provided the single most critical evidence against Darlie because it went to the heart of the defense that there was an intruder. This evidence that would attack his credibility should be a basis for appeal motions.

FACT: Charles Linch was never tested in the area of blood spatter

Records and interviews show that Mr. Linch never took a proficiency test in blood spatters and that, shortly thereafter, supervisors substituted another analyst to testify in a pending trial.

FACT: The Routier case was the FIRST case that Charles Linch testified on in the area of "Blood Spatter"

According to Mr. Linch, he testified only twice about blood spatters - the first time was during Ms. Routier's bond hearing.

FACT: Charles Linch was hospitalized for mental health issues along with alcohol problems and released in order to testify in cases and return to the hospital. (NOTE THIS WAS NOT DURING THE ROUTIER TRIAL)

Mr. Linch said he was embittered and felt more pressure after his treatment for depression and drinking, After first agreeing to seek treatment at Methodist Medical Center at his supervisors' request, he said he later was handcuffed and involuntarily committed at Doctors Hospital for about two weeks - a scenario he said was "unnecessary and humiliating." Twice during that time - and while he was taking prescribed anti-depressants - he was released from the hospital to testify in capital-murder trials in Texas and Arkansas.

FACT: If Routier was to get a new trial Charles Linch WILL NOT TESTIFY on blood spatter evidence.

Mr. Linch said he would refuse to testify about blood evidence should Ms. Routier win a new trial. "If there's a retrial, the word 'blood' won't come out of my mouth," he said.

FACT: Although he was not the primary blood spatter expert witness, he had done most of the "blood work" in the Routier case.

Although he was not the state's primary expert on blood-spatter evidence at trial, Mr. Linch said he did much of the "blood work" in Ms. Routier's case. In what he described as an embarrassing meeting before the trial, Mr. Linch said Mr. Davis instructed him to recount for Mr. Bevel how Mr. Linch had taken samples and reached his conclusions about blood in the Routier home and the only reason he was not the primary expert witness, the only reason that Bevel was the one to testify as primary was due to the fact that "Bevel had a book" on this subject.

When you have all of the facts and not just someone's flapping gums without proof, this case is not so cut and dried! ;)

R
LOl poor Rhonda, thought you try your novellas over here since no one else will listen to you.

FACT: The judge was of sound mind and body or he would not have been on the bench. FACT LOL, Ray made up this so called fact of the judge's Alzheimers and you have just repeated it here. tsk tsk.

FACT: Tom Bevel did the majority of the blood spatter evidence not Linch. Linch did the fibers since he's a fiber expert. LOL, FACT Yes Bevel wrote a book, so did Terry Laber, You're really comical/

FACT: If there is a new trial. Linch has no idea who or what will testify. Since Lince used the chemicals they use luminol, etc to find blood, that was the extent of the blood evidence required by him. If you bothered to read the trial transcripts you'd know that. Anyway that point is moot, there is never going to be a new trial unless the state tries her for Devon's murder.

You know Rhonda you can dig and dig for non existing evidence. which this is. You go on continuing to blame the cops, the lawyers, the 911 operator, Bevel, Linch, the man in the moon and every single person who testified against Darlie that way you don't have to look at the evidence of Darlie's guilty which you of course ignore in your quest to blame everyone and anyone but Darlie Routier for the murders she committed. Oh yeah I forgot the court transcriber, don't forget to blame her for Darlie being found guilty.

Last edited:
IF they have evidence which could prove her innocence and she ends up walking free I will be stunned. Darlie is the only person to blame for the brutal murder of those 2 boys. The evidence is overwhelming, she lied, badly. After your 2 sons have been murdered you’d be taking those stairs two at a time in a race to get to your bedroom to check on your baby and husband. If she only ‘woke up’ after the boys had been stabbed then how did she know the ‘intruder’ hadn’t been upstairs first? Nope, nada, no way she didn’t do this. She’s where she belongs and hopefully will get an execution date soon. Imo

There was no intruder wasn’t there a rule on WS about no discussion of intruder because there blatantly wasn’t one or was that another case?
Also rather fishy that this ‘Darlie supporter’ has only been on WS a matter of weeks and has only posted on this forum...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back