Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind continues to go through so many “what if” scenarios. The very hardest thing I continue to struggle with is why/how he could have killed his children. There’s been some speculation that SW learned of CW’s infidelity and began to think about or plan for separation while in NC. Could it be possible the girls overheard or picked up on any conversations during those weeks apart? And if so, might one of them have spilled the beans while SW was in AZ? Kids have zero filters. Maybe Bella said something to CW like “Mommy said you’ll have to move in with your boyfriend soon” or, you know, any kind of offhanded (possibly snarky) comment that would indicate that SW had been venting to family and making plans, and had been tarnishing his “reputation” with talk of affairs behind his back. I could see CW being furious at both her and the kids, possibly feeing like they were all against him, and that SW was in the process of “robbing” him of his family/perfect life appearance. Then hastily concocting a plan to disappear them all before she could confront him or set any plans in motion. Just another scenario that has crossed my mind...

Good morning,

Coffee and questions;

I've been reading about the tanks and I watched the Cervi tank video. In the hour drive from his house to the tanks, how many tanks and facilities did CW pass? Driving around with a body or bodies in his truck, why wouldn't he stop at the first one that was available? Unless everything was planned out and that particular far location was chosen ahead of time, and maybe prepared.

If he was in a panic, why drive for an hour when closer sites were available?

Why drive for an hour, risking being stopped by police, an accident, etc., when closer sites were available?

Would CW drive for an hour to a specific site unless it was a choice and he knew he could access it and the tanks?

Unless he had previously been to the site, how could he know;

1. He could enter the site AND get to. the tanks?
2. That the tanks weren't empty?
3. He could open the tanks?
4. What tool or tools were needed to. open the tanks?
5.What surveillance (cameras,etc.)
were present?
6. Whether or not other workers or. ranchers were around?

If he was in a panic or it was a random choice, why risk driving so far if other , closer facilities were available. Would he pass several possible sites in the hope the last and furthest one was better? Time was his enemy!

Last edited:
Poor CW . He can't even measure up to SP or JMc. What a horrid individual he is, nonetheless.

Looking at the pics and videos of those 2 sweet girls and knowing what he did to them and their little bodies still turns us inside out.

He's vile , he's warped and it's just a shame that he's being taken care of to make sure no one, including himself , can harm him.

Too bad his wife and babies were not offered the protection and love they deserved.

Thoughts & prayers for families grieving .

My mind continues to go through so many “what if” scenarios. The very hardest thing I continue to struggle with is why/how he could have killed his children. There’s been some speculation that SW learned of CW’s infidelity and began to think about or plan for separation while in NC. Could it be possible the girls overheard or picked up on any conversations during those weeks apart? And if so, might one of them have spilled the beans while SW was in AZ? Kids have zero filters. Maybe Bella said something to CW like “Mommy said you’ll have to move in with your boyfriend soon” or, you know, any kind of offhanded (possibly snarky) comment that would indicate that SW had been venting to family and making plans, and had been tarnishing his “reputation” with talk of affairs behind his back. I could see CW being furious at both her and the kids, possibly feeing like they were all against him, and that SW was in the process of “robbing” him of his family/perfect life appearance. Then hastily concocting a plan to disappear them all before she could confront him or set any plans in motion. Just another scenario that has crossed my mind...
Those kids were so young, and this guy was apparently able to keep his affairs secret for some time. I doubt that he would have been so reckless as to allow his kids to expose him, when he had apparently taken significant steps to keep his wife from discovering.

Their age makes it less likely in my opinion that they “spilled the beans.”

I think some sort of explosive argument began after SW arrived home that night, and the rest is (tragic) history.

In the past week, the names of up to four women have been posted on closed internet forums as amateur sleuths race to work out her identity. Three of the four names put forward as CW’s possible mistresses are long-haired brunettes like his wife while the fourth is a blonde, married family friend with young children of her own. Some of the women worked alongside CW and SW as brand promoters for Le-Vel while one is employed with Anadarko Petroleum where CW was an operator.

A forensic profiler has detailed chilling personality similarities between CW and Scott Peterson.

He says CW presents as a less charismatic version of Peterson. “There are very clear personality connections between Chris (Watts) and Scott Peterson, except for the fact that Chris seemed to be less outgoing and is not as dynamic as Scott”.

There are “key factors” that could “lead him” to allegedly murder his family and hide the bodies.

“There was an incredible amount of debt; the couple was irresponsible in the way they were spending money,” he said. “All the fundamentals are there for this kind of behaviour — the financial stress and stress in the marriage.”

Plus a few new pics.

Rumours fly over killer husband Chris Watts’ secret lover

Thank you for posting. Also from the article:

There were no tears as he calmly recounted the last time he’d seen his young family and at times he appeared to suppress a smirk — a sign, experts say, of the joy a subject feels when they believe they’re successfully duping someone.

“For Chris to (allegedly) make the leap from adultery to murder (means) he had to be at a point where he could get to such a dark place, mentally, that he could justify very ugly, evil behaviour,” Dr Yeager said.

“People who cheat don’t have a moral compass. If you commit adultery in a relationship, you are a vile person because you’re a liar and a con-artist. You don’t care about the people you hurt, including your own children.”

Catching up on last nights posts and I saw several new things that I haven't heard before. I was wondering if anyone had the news source for these statements:

1. Neighbors heard arguing that night. I have never heard this until now.
2. SW mom is the one who called NA and requested she check up on SW because she was worried about SW and the kids.
3. CW had affairs with 2 different women from work. One married. One unmarried. I have only read about the one affair with a coworker who is married and is on the witness list.
4. SW told AT that she was suspicious of CW having an affair but he had no game. I thought it was NA that she told that to.
5. CW had a neighbor girl babysit on Saturday. That seems like a pretty big deal if he had someone babysit the day before the murders. I haven't read this anywhere in the news other than here.

Has SW family spoken to the media because I also saw several things posted that they had apparently said. I feel like I've obviously missed a lot when I thought I was all caught up on this case.

Also he could have been on the phone to the Anadarko AP within hearing of the kids, and one of them was listening too intently to endearments. "Who's _______, Daddy? A friend of Mommy?" Oh Oh.

Those kids were so young, and this guy was apparently able to keep his affairs secret for some time. I doubt that he would have been so reckless as to allow his kids to expose him, when he had apparently taken significant steps to keep his wife from discovering.

Their age makes it less likely in my opinion that they “spilled the beans.”

I think some sort of explosive argument began after SW arrived home that night, and the rest is (tragic) history.

The MacDonald murders are what happens when there is an explosive argument that leads to tragedy. This is more like Peterson; planned out and subtle.

In the MacDonald case; Collette was the target of rage, Kimberly was collateral damage, and Kristin was sacrificed for the cover-up. Did something similar happen here? Rage and then cover-up?
I definitely think it was something similar. Macdonald felt compelled to kill them all in order to sell his story of a cult massacre. I think here it began with a rage killing, then for whatever reason, he decided to go the distance. His reasoning, whatever it is, isn’t as logical as Macdonald’s, but both appeared to involve rage.

Catching up on last nights posts and I saw several new things that I haven't heard before. I was wondering if anyone had the news source for these statements:

1. Neighbors heard arguing that night. I have never heard this until now.
2. SW mom is the one who called NA and requested she check up on SW because she was worried about SW and the kids.
3. CW had affairs with 2 different women from work. One married. One unmarried. I have only read about the one affair with a coworker who is married and is on the witness list.
4. SW told AT that she was suspicious of CW having an affair but he had no game. I thought it was NA that she told that to.
5. CW had a neighbor girl babysit on Saturday. That seems like a pretty big deal if he had someone babysit the day before the murders. I haven't read this anywhere in the news other than here.

Has SW family spoken to the media because I also saw several things posted that they had apparently said. I feel like I've obviously missed a lot when I thought I was all caught up on this case.

I don't think SW's family has given any media interviews and I believe if they ever do, it will be after there is resolution for this case. JMO

I've not seen any verification for any of the items you referenced except for #4. In the media interview AT did with her husband after CW's arrest, AT stated SW told her she wondered if CW was having an affair, but that he had no game.

I definitely think it was something similar. Macdonald felt compelled to kill them all in order to sell his story of a cult massacre. I think here it began with a rage killing, then for whatever reason, he decided to go the distance. His reasoning, whatever it is, isn’t as logical as Macdonald’s, but both appeared to involve rage.
Once again, I agree. MacDonald was more savage and the crime scene much more gruesome.

Is it possible that the idea that CW did no clean-up of the crime scene is an assumption and, at least partially, incorrect. Maybe he did clean up to the point, where in his mind, everything looked okay. And then he planned to finish Monday night when there was more time. The smirk at the interview could have been his confidence that he had succeeded, and no one knew!

Is it possible that the idea that CW did no clean-up of the crime scene is an assumption and, at least partially, incorrect. Maybe he did clean up to the point, where in his mind, everything looked okay. And then he planned to finish Monday night when there was more time. The smirk at the interview could have been his confidence that he had succeeded, and no one knew!
That smirk at the interview said “I can fool you.” He didn’t.

I definitely agree that he planned to finish the cleanup, and if he was smart, would have dumped the car and her belongings (purse, phone, etc), in order to sell the idea that she took the kids and split on her own volition.

That smirk at the interview said “I can fool you.” He didn’t.

I definitely agree that he planned to finish the cleanup, and if he was smart, would have dumped the car and her belongings (purse, phone, etc), in order to sell the idea that she took the kids and split on her own volition.
He may have been smart enough to do it, but NAU put an end to that idea. God bless her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member