Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the noses don't match. I also think Kelle looks a lot closer to the Vidor victim.

I've always thought WCJD was older than she looked.
I'm with carbuff. I think WCJD is not as young as some have guessed. I'm thinking closer to 20 than 15.

ferstrom_kelle2.jpg
she was only 20 and this pic looks very different but I seem to recall the name , haven't signed up on the new NAMUS can someone see if she is a rule out and DNA available?

You have to sign up to see stuff? I didn't know that. I see stuff all the time, but thought they just took the DNA down.

I'm always weary when a married woman goes missing as seems to be the case with Kelle. It is more than likely that the husband is responsible and in those instances, they don't usually leave their bodies on the side of the road for all to see. They bury them or conceal them to avoid suspicion.

I'm with carbuff. I think WCJD is not as young as some have guessed. I'm thinking closer to 20 than 15.
I agree with this totally. I think the age is off. Usually if you are in your early teens, & somebody asks how old you are but you want them to think you are older, you're not going to jump from 13 or 14 all the way up to 19. I have always thought that she really was 19 & just looked young, & also that would've explained the "who cares" response.
I have been poring through MP cases, left and right, up and down. And I hate to sound pessimistic. But I feel like if she was on one of those websites, she would've been found by now. As many people that have been digging into this case. But this is not necessarily a bad thing: there are two things that I have been seeing a lot of. #1: a lot of teenagers went missing during that time. (70s, 80s). There was a lot of hitchhiking and a lot of parents being discouraged when they went to report a missing teen because it was always thought that they were just a runaway. A lot of parents got put off. There seems to have been a lot of cases where family members swore they filed a report but due to miscommunication either within the family or between family and LE; the cases WERE NOT FILED.
Also there has been a lot more old and cold cases being solved as time goes on. I personally think this DNA Doe project is going to help a lot of UIDs get identified. But I am sure there is a backload of cases waiting to be turned in.
There is always the possibility that something will happen like it did with Tammy Alexander; a friend will look for her and wonder what happened. Or that family member will realize that that young girl they tried to report missing, a file never even got started....and make sure it goes through the proper channels.
I just have a terribly hard time believing that there is NO ONE that was close enough to this girl to wonder where she's been.
I have a question, too....does anyone know if any isotope or pollen testing was done, on her teeth and shoes, respectively? Does LE even HAVE the shoes to perform a test? I know supposedly the necklace went missing.
Guys, I do not think this is hopeless. This sweet girl will have her name back one day. Might not be this month, or this year (be great if it was). But she will.

20 year olds DO NOT PHYSICALLY LOOK LIKE 14 YEAR OLDS. Are people in this thread too used to Dawson Casting on TV? WCJD looks like a KID.

Sorry, what is the Dawson Casting?

I'm sorry I don't get the discussion about UID's age. She is estimated 14 - 16. I'm sure there are a lot of things in an autopsy that would show how old somebody (within a range) was. Or the coroner was a bungler or drunk...what is the most logical explanation?

I agree with this totally. I think the age is off. Usually if you are in your early teens, & somebody asks how old you are but you want them to think you are older, you're not going to jump from 13 or 14 all the way up to 19. I have always thought that she really was 19 & just looked young, & also that would've explained the "who cares" response.
I have been poring through MP cases, left and right, up and down. And I hate to sound pessimistic. But I feel like if she was on one of those websites, she would've been found by now. As many people that have been digging into this case. But this is not necessarily a bad thing: there are two things that I have been seeing a lot of. #1: a lot of teenagers went missing during that time. (70s, 80s). There was a lot of hitchhiking and a lot of parents being discouraged when they went to report a missing teen because it was always thought that they were just a runaway. A lot of parents got put off. There seems to have been a lot of cases where family members swore they filed a report but due to miscommunication either within the family or between family and LE; the cases WERE NOT FILED.
Also there has been a lot more old and cold cases being solved as time goes on. I personally think this DNA Doe project is going to help a lot of UIDs get identified. But I am sure there is a backload of cases waiting to be turned in.
There is always the possibility that something will happen like it did with Tammy Alexander; a friend will look for her and wonder what happened. Or that family member will realize that that young girl they tried to report missing, a file never even got started....and make sure it goes through the proper channels.
I just have a terribly hard time believing that there is NO ONE that was close enough to this girl to wonder where she's been.
I have a question, too....does anyone know if any isotope or pollen testing was done, on her teeth and shoes, respectively? Does LE even HAVE the shoes to perform a test? I know supposedly the necklace went missing.
Guys, I do not think this is hopeless. This sweet girl will have her name back one day. Might not be this month, or this year (be great if it was). But she will.

If she really is older, say 18 or over, and was looking for a father in prison, maybe she was someone who aged out of foster care and went looking for bio family. No one who would report her missing. She was out on her own. Maybe they should check the foster care system. Let me say this. My daughter was a social worker for a time. She had a case of a teenager who said she was 16, and looked it, but they suspected she was older. She had been found on the streets. She was vague about her past and didn't know her name but she was also severely mentally ill. I told my daughter to take her to the dentist and the dentist can estimate an age. (Thank you Websleuths, LOL) Dentist estimated her at at least 19. But they couldn't prove it and continued to provide services. Some thing my daughter told me immediately made me realize this girl had aged out of the foster system, ended up on the streets and wanted back in. My daughter suggested this to her superiors. Once the girl slipped up a bit and mentioned a city she had been to and a place she had worked, they knew which county children's services to check in that State. BINGO! Turns out she was 23 or 24, had aged out of foster care and they ultimately tracked down a bio family member. She just wanted off the streets.

My point is, they should check with children's services. IIRCC, WCJD did mention somewhere she had been. Every State or county may be different but it may be worth a shot. The problem that may prevent doing this or being successful with this is that it has been decades. Probably no one around that would recognize her at that agency. But after this long, isn't anything worth a shot? If they have a list of former employees or something, what's the harm in sending them each a picture?

I'm not sure how this site works. I have been reading things from here for a while but I only decided to join today. I was reading a comment that someone believes they might know WCJD and that the girl they knew had Hispanic ancestry. I have seen the post mortum and thought she looked like she could be part Hispanic. One of the people who did the sketches says the girls hair was lighter than it appeared in the pictures. Apparently there are color photos but I have only seen the black and white. I was curious if anyone ever discovered the owner of the car she was seen getting out of.

I'm not sure how this site works. I have been reading things from here for a while but I only decided to join today. I was reading a comment that someone believes they might know WCJD and that the girl they knew had Hispanic ancestry. I have seen the post mortum and thought she looked like she could be part Hispanic. One of the people who did the sketches says the girls hair was lighter than it appeared in the pictures. Apparently there are color photos but I have only seen the black and white. I was curious if anyone ever discovered the owner of the car she was seen getting out of.

Welcome!

Thank you. I have been looking at information about WCJD for about a year now. I live less than an hour away from where she was found dead. I found her case when I was looking at the case of the toddler found in a suitcase outside Madisonville, Texas. This case has been interesting mostly because of the lack of information. It sounds like she blew into town and was dead the next day. I have never heard of anyone south of Huntsville noticing her hitchhiking or asking for directions. I think she caught a ride near home with someone who was going through the area. It takes about 3 hours to get from where I live to Galveston. She was seen getting in or out of a blue car at the truck stop. I was curious if it was a local or the person who brought her to the area. There has been speculation that she was a victim of Henry Lee Lucas and could have been brought from anywhere. I think that is a bad theory because the people who talked to her would have noticed a "foreign" accent and I don't think he would have let her out to possibly escape before coming back to pick her up and kill her. She could have been looking for any one at the prison but the fact that no one would admit to knowing her could mean that they didn't know her because she was a pen pal who was making a surprise visit. She could have been writing to an inmate and lied about how old she was or what she looked like. Also the inmate could have lied and told her to come visit him knowing he would be free by that time and he had plans to harm her. I don't think that she was reported missing so it will probably be chance that identifies her. Also it disturbs me how many missing girls from that time were married at 16 or 17 years old. The waitress claims the girl told her she was 19, I believe. Also the family she referred to as being from the Rockport area could have been inlaws.

One of the people who did the sketches says the girls hair was lighter than it appeared in the pictures. Apparently there are color photos but I have only seen the black and white.

I've seen a clear color photo of the side-view photo of her (not the blurry one that is online). The photo was included in a slide-show when I attended Karen T Taylor's forensic art workshop. WCJD's hair is definitely light to medium brown, just as is depicted in my avatar.

I was curious if anyone ever discovered the owner of the car she was seen getting out of.

The driver of that car never came forward, and he was never identified. He likely drove on to where he was headed, and never saw any news about the girl being found.

I've seen a clear color photo of the side-view photo of her (not the blurry one that is online). The photo was included in a slide-show when I attended Karen T Taylor's forensic art workshop. WCJD's hair is definitely light to medium brown, just as is depicted in my avatar.

The driver of that car never came forward, and he was never identified. He likely drove on to where he was headed, and never saw any news about the girl being found.
I thought the waitress at the Hitchin Post said the girl got out of the car and later got back into that car or am I confused? She said she drew the girl a map. As far as I understand the girl came in twice.

I thought the waitress at the Hitchin Post said the girl got out of the car and later got back into that car or am I confused? She said she drew the girl a map. As far as I understand the girl came in twice.

I think she was dropped off at the Gas Station by a guy. And was given directions to the prison by the owner of the Gas station. I don't think the owner of the Gas Station drew a map. He probably verbally gave her directions and Walker County Jane Doe tried to remember everything.

She left walking again after she left the gas station (the guy who originally dropped her off, had left) and then got lost again and went to the Hitchin Post and asked directions to waitress. The waitress drew her map and Walker County Jane Doe realized by looking at the map, how far she had to walk still. There's a theory that she asked a truck driver to let her sleep in the truck (it was night time already) and she was murdered. Ugh! I wish she didn't go in the truck. I wish she called her Mom or somebody on the phone at the Hitching Post to pick her up. But I guess she really wanted to go the prison. :(

I'm confused. After she was dropped off at the Gas Station, I wonder why the guy that originally gave her a ride, left? I mean, it's a lot of walking (especially in heels) to get to the prison. Like I wonder if he left her on purpose or did Walker County Jane Doe said "Thanks for the ride, bye!"

I wonder if she ate at the Hitchin Post, I mean after all that walking, she must have been tired, thirsty, and hungry. Since she still had a LONG way to go after she was given directions again by the waitress at the Hitching Post.

This is my first time posting. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads