Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time drive in the company of people that cherised him. A long drive to visit to get to know his 'new' grandmother.

Probably a bit of tossing and turning that night because his little sweet innocent mind is full of excitement and adventure.

Up at the crack of dawn excitement bubbling over. Outside to share an excited play with the people that cherished him. Freedom in a gorgeous garden.

Time for a cuppa nearly 10.30 let's have a cuppa mum I'll put the kettle on.

Suddenly.........

Too quiet...not a noise....nothing.

William where are you I can't hear you! William speak to mummy. I still can't hear you! William William William......

Gone in a breath of time............

Sweet William thousands upon thousands of people care for you. Just know this wonderful world is not full of evil.

Justice is on her way

HER little brother was abducted just metres from where she played and her mum and dad still battle unimaginable grief every day.

But William Tyrrell’s sister has had to keep the horrific incident a secret from all but a select few.........

The little girl knows her baby brother is missing, but is still too young to grasp the horrific nature of the abduction.

“She has a very pragmatic view of the situation. She knows that he’s not here; she knows that a “bad person took William”; she knows the police are still looking for William,” her mum said.

“She knows that Gary [Jubelin] is the policeman who will find William and for her that is what is going to happen.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
William Tyrrell’s sister forced to keep terrible secret of brother’s disappearance

What an horrific burden for this Sweet little girl. A lifetime of grief and what ifs.

The biggest 'what if' in my mind for her is how does she cope if Gary doesn't find Sweet William ....

Nine News this morning spoke with a bloke who said the inquest is expected to take months as there are thousands of pieces of evidence to sort through and is for the family to be able to ask questions for some resolve but may never know exactly how it happened.

The coronial investigating team will caste fresh eyes and minds and often that is exactly what is needed.

A coroner is unable to actually specify or name or charge a person. As soon as the full inquisition begins and as soon as the Coroner believes there is sufficient evidence that may be tested in a criminal court the inquisition is halted and brief delivered to the prosecutorial team at ODPP.

Yes that was
Nine News this morning spoke with a bloke who said the inquest is expected to take months as there are thousands of pieces of evidence to sort through and is for the family to be able to ask questions for some resolve but may never know exactly how, who or what happened.
Sam Masadoni. He also stated that no one HAS to give evidence and they can’t be forced to if there is a fear of incrnimating themselves.

Yes that was

Sam Masadoni. He also stated that no one HAS to give evidence and they can’t be forced to if there is a fear of incrnimating themselves.

Fortunately, a person can be compelled to speak ... even if there is a fear of incriminating themselves. It is a more detailed and complex decision by the Coroner that can enable that to happen.
Probably too detailed for Masadoni to explain on morning TV.

"This provision however, is subject to s 61, which empowers a coroner to compel a witness to give evidence if the coroner is satisfied that the interests of justice require it, and giving the evidence will not render the witness liable to a criminal offence or civil penalty under a law of a foreign country."
http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/journals/NSWBarAssocNews/2014/12.pdf

Eg:
Confronted with circumstances she described as "exceptional and compelling", Deputy State Coroner Elaine Truscott ruled on Friday she was "satisfied it is in the interest of justice" that Mr Atkins be compelled to take the stand at the inquest into Matthew Leveson's death.

In a detailed and complex legal decision, Ms Truscott said her statutory duty to record findings as to Mr Leveson's death would be frustrated if Mr Atkins did not give evidence.

The decision means Mr Atkins, who was the last known person to see Mr Leveson alive, will endure five days of questioning under oath over his knowledge of Mr Leveson's death when he takes the stand on October 31.
Michael Atkins forced to testify in inquest over Matthew Leveson's death

Last edited:
I wonder if Masadoni was saying that coronial witnesses dont have to give a statement. But as is explained in this document ... if they do not give a statement for the inquest when it is requested, they can then be subpoenaed and put on the coronial stand.

"It sometimes occurs that a witness will refuse to cooperate in providing a statement (or a thorough statement) to the OIC. Sometimes also, a witness will refuse to provide a statement to the OIC, but indicate that a statement will be prepared by, or in consultation with their own lawyer.
There is no power in the OIC (or the coroner) to compel a witness to provide a statement. However, it should be remembered that if an important witness refuses to provide a statement (or supplies a statement that is not comprehensive) then it is far more likely that the witness will be placed on the witness list and subpoenaed to give oral evidence at the inquest (and is likely to spend more time in the witness box)."

Fortunately, a person can be compelled to speak ... even if there is a fear of incriminating themselves. It is a more detailed and complex decision by the Coroner that can enable that to happen.
Probably too detailed for Masadoni to explain on morning TV.

"This provision however, is subject to s 61, which empowers a coroner to compel a witness to give evidence if the coroner is satisfied that the interests of justice require it, and giving the evidence will not render the witness liable to a criminal offence or civil penalty under a law of a foreign country."

Eg:
Confronted with circumstances she described as "exceptional and compelling", Deputy State Coroner Elaine Truscott ruled on Friday she was "satisfied it is in the interest of justice" that Mr Atkins be compelled to take the stand at the inquest into Matthew Leveson's death.

In a detailed and complex legal decision, Ms Truscott said her statutory duty to record findings as to Mr Leveson's death would be frustrated if Mr Atkins did not give evidence.

The decision means Mr Atkins, who was the last known person to see Mr Leveson alive, will endure five days of questioning under oath over his knowledge of Mr Leveson's death when he takes the stand on October 31.
Michael Atkins forced to testify in inquest over Matthew Leveson's death
Thankyou. That explains it, prehaps he did say statement not evidence.

I agree, I think if it was BS, they would have had him by now. I suspect it was a person probably not even on their radar.

Interesting. Why do you think they would have him by now?

Presumably, you are aware of the years it can take to charge even the most obvious of perpetrators.

I think the inquest may be useful, in getting person's of interest statements but unless they make an obvious mistake, as Cowan did, in the Morecombe one, they can still lie. Good memory, practised at deceit, they may give nothing away.
I believe we have not been told who the suspects are as yet.

I think the inquest may be useful, in getting person's of interest statements but unless they make an obvious mistake, as Cowan did, in the Morecombe one, they can still lie. Good memory, practised at deceit, they may give nothing away.
I believe we have not been told who the suspects are as yet.

The only one that we know for sure, according to MSM, is the washing machine repairman.

The Australian reported that the first high-profile suspect in the investigation remains “a person of interest” but there are also four other “high priority” suspects being looked at, with an inquest set to begin this year.
Following William’s disappearance, the man was identified as a prime suspect by police after they learned he had been at the home days earlier to quote on a washing machine repair and returned a week later to complete the job.
Police hone in on five suspects relating to William Tyrrell’s disappearance

Interesting. Why do you think they would have him by now?

Presumably, you are aware of the years it can take to charge even the most obvious of perpetrators.
I just think they would have found forensic proof by now since they searched his van and home and other places associated with him.

Hopefully the inquest brings about a result like in the Morecombe case.

I just think they would have found forensic proof by now since they searched his van and home and other places associated with him.

Hopefully the inquest brings about a result like in the Morecombe case.

Thanks for answering.
I hope people are aware that those searches didn't happen until 4 months after William disappeared. A lot of time for DNA and other evidence removal by a perpetrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge