Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 21, p.13 #242
@MJPeony

"It’s an interesting exercise to consider the scenario where he might be telling the truth. As I’ve pondered his side of the story and played the proverbial devil’s advocate (hate that word here), I consider the possibility of what if CW had a breakdown after the murders that early morning and panicked- totally cracked- and that’s why he tried to cover things up the way he did and lied to the police. Is it possible he was absolutely terrified, as opposed to his actions ONLY pointing to a nefarious coverup that can only point to him having killed all of them. He could have had a mental breakdown. I’m sure there is some professional psychological term for it".

There were no visible signs that he was panicked when he gave his interviews to the media. On the contrary, he was cool, calm and collected while he repeatedly lied. He smiled, smirked and preened for the camera and showed no facial expressions whatsoever indicating that he was distressed let alone devastated that his family had disappeared, knowing all the while that he had strangled his wife and dumped the children's bodies.

I'm sure there's a professional psychological term for it, but sociopath or psychopath spring to mind. Take your pick.

I was trying to figure out where it all came from, so suddenly.
Sometimes a hurricane will blow through in the process, but usually it’s a typical ebb and flow day. Sometimes when the tide is out
people pick up seaglass and thinks it’s a rock or a shell but nope, just a piece of glass.

My husband is estranged from much of his family for various reasons that are his own. But if God forbid anything happens to either of us, there's zero doubt in my mind that my in-laws would immediately and ferociously throw me under the bus. Even as a victim. It's always my fault, whatever it is. It's taken many years to accept this on both of our parts as it is heartbreaking. It demeans him as a man and capable adult and disrespects us both, plus it's very inaccurate as I adore him and let him lead. I know many women here know exactly what I mean. :( It's sadly quite common.

As a VI, my MIL would terrify me from beyond. None of it would be correct or without extreme manipulation and bias, but butter wouldn't melt.

So I am not speaking on this case specifically or any VI on this or any case... but I do agree that although it's essential to be respectful, it doesn't automatically make their version of events true. Especially over the victim's own voice. JMO.

I agree. I can take this kind of thing to an immediate family level, unfortunately! If I became a victim, I have one sibling who as a VI, would be an absolute nightmare.

My other two siblings, would be advocates for me. They wouldn't rest until the person or persons responsible were brought to justice. As VI's, they would point out every good quality I had.

IMO, a person's perception of another is sometimes influenced by very some complicated factors. I do think a person's perception of another is their own reality, but is it truly accurate? JMO, I don't think there is any way that can be known, unless you personally know or knew everyone involved and you also knew of any complicated factors that may have existed.

ALL JMO

Thread 21, p.13 #242
@MJPeony

"It’s an interesting exercise to consider the scenario where he might be telling the truth. As I’ve pondered his side of the story and played the proverbial devil’s advocate (hate that word here), I consider the possibility of what if CW had a breakdown after the murders that early morning and panicked- totally cracked- and that’s why he tried to cover things up the way he did and lied to the police. Is it possible he was absolutely terrified, as opposed to his actions ONLY pointing to a nefarious coverup that can only point to him having killed all of them. He could have had a mental breakdown. I’m sure there is some professional psychological term for it".

There were no visible signs that he was panicked when he gave his interviews to the media. On the contrary, he was cool, calm and collected while he repeatedly lied. He smiled, smirked and preened for the camera and showed no facial expressions whatsoever indicating that he was distressed let alone devastated that his family had disappeared, knowing all the while that he had strangled his wife and dumped the children's bodies.

I'm sure there's a professional psychological term for it, but sociopath or psychopath spring to mind. Take your pick.
I agree, if he was innocent of ill intent his behavior would be different. Unless the defense can bring in a psychiatrist with an explanation this will be the last thread in his undoing.

How could Shan'nan have entered her own house if she couldn't have entered the front door because he had the inner latch blocking it, and she couldn't have entered the back sliding door because he had placed a piece of metal or wood stopping the door from opening, and if the key pad on the garage door wasn't working, per CW? Do I have that correct? If his wife came back from her "play date" with the little girls, she would not have been able to enter the house except thru possibly a window? Willing to hear corrections to the above, which is IIRC.

Exactly! Unless her garage door opener from her car was missing.

Doesn't it seem to anyone else that they would have those data by now? I am surprised that nearly a month later that stuff is being "requested". Does a person charged with so many counts of murder actually have the right to be somewhat politely asked for this? And to say "no" if he wants?

They probably have most of it but chose to get additional reference samples by search warrant under a controlled environment.

....and yes....he still retains his 4th amendment rights and can decline evidentiary collection from his person.

Last edited:
I forgot that possibility, but why would he think that would be logical, that she would take her garage door opener but leave her purse, phone, etc behind? Obviously, IMO, he knew no one could get in, and that's the way he wanted it until he had time to set the stage the way he wanted. IMO

I was already given a heads up by some posters via pm that certain people will report and get your posts deleted if you disagree with them. They weren’t kidding! What pettiness. If this is how people get their jollies have fun with that!

I bet I can pick out a 1/2 dozen or so.

If my whole family was missing I'd leave the doors wide open to make sure they could get in under any circumstance. And alert the neighbors. But then I would have alerted the neighbors the night before while I called 911 to possibly save the lives of my whole family.

It doesn't necessarily mean by hand. HOWEVER, the latest cowrt order, posted upthread, has the prosecution asking for handprints, palm and fingers, of the defendant. So I am thinking they have possible neck wound prints?
I hope they do. I had said, on an earlier thread, that I thought there was the possibility of deep tissue bruising. I wonder if that is what they're looking at?

Thread 21, p.13 #242
@MJPeony

Showed no facial expression - could happen. In fact, this is how he comes across in the videos, so this might be simply him. There are people who can not cry under any circumstances.

That he lied and withheld an important piece of information, asking kids to return home, saying that they meant a world to him, having just dumped their bodies in oil, might be somewhat more difficult to explain by his reserved and introverted personality. :(

In short - I don't believe his story at all as he has already lied, but am not holding him liable for the way he came across during the interview, or on videos.

How could Shan'nan have entered her own house if she couldn't have entered the front door because he had the inner latch blocking it, and she couldn't have entered the back sliding door because he had placed a piece of metal or wood stopping the door from opening, and if the key pad on the garage door wasn't working, per CW? Do I have that correct? If his wife came back from her "play date" with the little girls, she would not have been able to enter the house except thru possibly a window? Willing to hear corrections to the above, which is IIRC.
He said in his interview the garage door was unlocked.
Wonder why police couldn't have just walked in then and what all the keypad nonsense was all about... I'm sure this has been addressed many, many threads back and I've forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288