TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone here that just wants to sleuth the case and discuss its merits instead of turning this thread into a cop-bashing forum?????
Mr Jim, I do know ONE good cop who is a nice honorable man! Although he is not in Dallas Co

No, that isn't a POT PLANT next to AG's door. It appears to be a POTTED PLANT and hard to tell if it is fake or live. Mother-in-laws tongue or something in that plant family, not cannabis. I looked at this video again having a hard time believing I would have missed a pot plant growing by her door.

Can anyone see that there is a shot of AG's door? There is a rather tall pot plant on the left. And of course the doormat is totally different.

Last edited:
Or is there anyone here who thinks that Cops should face justice when they screw up and kill people?

This entire situation, has been an epiphany for me. I was cynical and jaded, from my Ivory Tower, looking down on people who were in trouble with the law.

"They must have done something, after all, police don't just hassle people for no reason.". I was extremely judgmental.

Here was a young man, in his home, shot down, for no reason at all. He was criminalized, his home searched, while his killer did not have her home searched. His killer was not arrested the night of his murder.

There is a problem here.

And this is a situation brought to your eyes only because of its outrageosness assuring huge public interest. The nickel and dime stuff backed by rights violating methods which result in countless numbers of our fellow Americans being beaten down into financial ruin then often jailed, all made possible by often subtle yet very dirty tactics........... well that happens EVERY day across this country.

Yes, countless numbers of people get jammed up daily for crimes having no victim or injury to anything.

Jailing people for profit is a huge business appealing to the greed of many. Even if jailed by government, look at all the jobs with good benefits created by such endeavors and what a club it is. What would all those people do if they didn't have those jobs paying them more than they could get in the private sector?

In many smaller towns, perhaps even larger ones across the USA, your government workers are becoming the new middle class having jobs hard to lose and benefits seldom found in the private sector.

The Police State has been the order of the day in the USA for years ongoing and as it is now, Stalin and Hitler would have wished they could have so slickly done the same and had made so many people like it, or at least accept it without ever investigating on their own or questioning much of any of the processes.

This entire situation, has been an epiphany for me. I was cynical and jaded, from my Ivory Tower, looking down on people who were in trouble with the law.

"They must have done something, after all, police don't just hassle people for no reason.". I was extremely judgmental.

Here was a young man, in his home, shot down, for no reason at all. He was criminalized, his home searched, while his killer did not have her home searched. His killer was not arrested the night of his murder.

There is a problem here.

No, that isn't a POT PLANT next to AG's door. It appears to be a POTTED PLANT and hard to tell if it is fake or live. Mother-in-laws tongue or something in that plant family, not cannabis. I looked at this video again having a hard time believing I would have missed a pot plant growing by her door.

I’m fairly certain they meant potted plant.

Well if this just isn’t a kick in the teeth. :mad:

Pretty sure it should read “he was confronted by the rogue cop”
Duuuude. Right. Worded so incorrectly.

Manslaughter is the wrong charge!
She was reckless by going into his apartment and making her “mistake” yes. Got it.

She INTENTIONALLY shot him. She did do that on purpose.

If she is charged with manslaughter why shouldn’t anyone else who is able to say they made a mistake when they shot someone or wrong person or wrong house or didn’t “realize” something about the situation be able to be charged with manslaughter instead?

She shot him on purpose. He died. That’s murder.

Oh dear. Translation problem. I am from Australia, where pot plant = potted plant. See example:
7 Best Pot Plants For Your Garden & Home

That's my point - not only there was a red doormat, but also an absence of a plant, at Bo's door. AG must be suffering from some temporary blindness.

She was reckless by going into his apartment and making her “mistake” yes. Got it.

If she is charged with manslaughter why shouldn’t anyone else who is able to say they made a mistake when they shot someone or wrong person or wrong house or didn’t “realize” something about the situation be able to be charged with manslaughter instead?

Everything you said.

JFK said “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” And I’m at a loss, what “something” can good people do to bring change and justice?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...fighters-were-misled-about-who-fired-gun/amp/

“An arrest warrant affidavit for Guyger, 30, a four-year veteran of the department, alleges that she immediately called 911 after she shot Botham Jean once in the torso in his apartment at 9:59 p.m., mortally wounding him. What is unclear is how the call for medical help just three minutes later misidentified the shooter as a security guard.”

Some sort of audio on the link

Well if this just isn’t a kick in the teeth. :mad:

Pretty sure it should read “he was confronted by the rogue cop”

I have a feeling there will be quite a few expert attorneys who will gladly assist in helping prosecute this killer. The unethical and unprofessional tactics used so far in this case will spark some outrage in the legal community.

Everything about her two conflicting accounts given to LEO are incredulous and completely unbelievable even had none of her stories conflicted along with many other details simply not adding up.

I don't think any legitimate jury in the land would ever believe anything she has to say.

Since she clearly lied about the door being ajar, I don’t feel obligated to believe anything she says.

There is an official LEO document which states she administered CPR, then called 911 and then turned the lights on....yep, doesn't say she immediately called 911. I forgot which official document stated that but I know I saw it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...fighters-were-misled-about-who-fired-gun/amp/

“An arrest warrant affidavit for Guyger, 30, a four-year veteran of the department, alleges that she immediately called 911 after she shot Botham Jean once in the torso in his apartment at 9:59 p.m., mortally wounding him. What is unclear is how the call for medical help just three minutes later misidentified the shooter as a security guard.”

Some sort of audio on the link

At age 30 you can do anything for 15 hours so instead of seeing that as exculpatory for her, let's see all video available of her last several hours on duty, traffic cams to get grocerysor at least from the station to his home and so on..... she didn't look exhausted when she was fast pacing a hole through the deck afterwards.

She looked more like she had enough energy for a horizontal bop session or two. I am a certified expert at determining such things from simple video analysis so just simply believe me, not her, she wasn't tired.

I'd like to see the body cams of the those who arrived on scene that spoke to her.

Nancy Grace’s podcast just said that AG had a 15 hour work shift.

So we’re back to that.

Last edited:

I could accept "Manslaughter" if her weapon accidentally discharged from her pocket and killled him as they were both walking in the hallway or something.

She had the weapon in her hands, was aiming, and was fully aware she was shooting a loaded weapon.

This was intentional. This is Murder to me.

Oh, and yes- Why have we not heard about the weapon - type, caliber ? Why have we not heard about what was in her pack, her vest, her pockets?

Here’s a good one.

“A lot of people are asking how DPD Officer Amber Guyger didn’t notice the bright red mat outside the door when she walked into #BothamJean ‘s apartment thinking it was her own. Sources say she told investigators it was because she was carrying bags home from work”

So girl is in a rush with her bags. Sees a guy in her apartment. It’s dark. Door is ajar. She puts down her stuff and shoots him. K.

J.D. Miles on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member