TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire situation, has been an epiphany for me. I was cynical and jaded, from my Ivory Tower, looking down on people who were in trouble with the law.

"They must have done something, after all, police don't just hassle people for no reason.". I was extremely judgmental.

Here was a young man, in his home, shot down, for no reason at all. He was criminalized, his home searched, while his killer did not have her home searched. His killer was not arrested the night of his murder.

There is a problem here.
I'm not going to delve very far into this but , I was the same way until in 2005 my heart, my love,my dog was stolen out of my backyard, I had just let her out and I literally saw them so I went after them ( two large men) anyhow Lewisville Texas PD picked me up at the corner gas station AFTER I CALLED THEM FOR HELP! I will never be the same !!!!! and I know some really good cops , but I learned the hard way that they aren't hired by their honesty , or caring attitude for sure!

Confronted as in he opened the door. If he opened the door it wasn’t ajar!!! Use of the word “confronted” seems to imply aggression on Mr Jean’s part. Interesting play on words. Something Amber would want the GJ to note, making seem as if she were defending herself. Hopefully the GJ is smarter than the Casey Anthony jury!!!

seriously doubtful we ARE in Texas , AKA Florida courts part two

Well some of her pins are quite telling. Such as “police officers are deployed 24/7/365”. Oh really?

I’m sick of this.

Attachments

• 54B6142D-B3E9-4514-B33D-7251501A0EE4.jpeg
    54B6142D-B3E9-4514-B33D-7251501A0EE4.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 67
  • D290E511-459A-4709-8D35-EA8D3E5F6AE0.jpeg
    D290E511-459A-4709-8D35-EA8D3E5F6AE0.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 3210189B-99F1-4D0E-A5D7-4D9FC3BA049E.jpeg
    3210189B-99F1-4D0E-A5D7-4D9FC3BA049E.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 46908719-0932-4A10-B207-98391ABA42CB.jpeg
    46908719-0932-4A10-B207-98391ABA42CB.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 75
  • 7094A6F2-8D31-489E-A174-BDA7ED1E4C1D.jpeg
    7094A6F2-8D31-489E-A174-BDA7ED1E4C1D.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 68
Respectfully snipped for focus. On this point, I completely agree.

ETA: I think she smelled the pot, and was going for a bust, and she went way too far. Because she lived underneath him and we know there had been noise complaints, she probably already had issues with him.

That is ridiculous! He was murdered in his own home. It has NOTHING to do with what happened in any way at all.

Did she make multiple noise complaints against Mr. Jean or was this the first one? I think having worked 15 hours she was going to make a statement confronting him in her police uniform, and he cursed at her and she snapped. At the very least she is unstable and never should have been a police officer.

Supposedly, there were multiple complaints by her and/or others. Guyger confronting Jean about noise seems to make the most sense out of all the theories tossed around. I imagine she got home ready to relax, then heard loud irritating noise from Jean's apartment. Guyger got fed up with it. So she decided to confront him while still wearing her full police uniform -- with deadly results. However, there's a nagging detail: Guyger parked on the wrong garage floor. This leads to the question: Do the tenants have assigned parking spaces?

Last edited:
All of AG's social media was deleted after the murder.

She must have overlooked this one. It was still up as of last I checked it yesterday.

Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger's Likely Pinterest Account | Dallas Observer
Check Out What Appears To Be Amber Guyger's Pinterest Account

What a loser.

Exactly the type of person that would do something like this.

I think she did make a noise complaint that morning, stewed about it all day, and went directly to his apartment to confront him, and then she murdered him.

I'm under the impression that the delay for the complete toxicology report is because the lab is behind/slow. I haven't been aware of any delay on ballistics. And they never seem to put a rush on the lab results.
The delay in toxicology reports may because the lab is behind/slow, but probably also because they want to be sure of the results. Here in Sweden in June 2017 a local K9 police died in a car crash with a lorry late one night (as well as one of his dogs) while on his way to a mission. The results of the toxicology report came in November 2017, he had both legal (painkiller) and illegal narcotic drugs in the blood.

"
A blood sample was drawn to test the officer's level for drugs or alcohol. The results — if the tests have been completed — have not been made public."

A week ago Botham Jean was killed by Dallas Officer Amber Guyger. Here's what we know, the questions that remain | Crime | Dallas News

I wonder WHEN they took her blood sample. Three days later or immediately after the murder?

Also, I’m new to this thread...where is it reported about a noise complaint? I don’t see anything in MSM about it. TIA.

However, a search warrant written on Sept. 7 and signed by Judge Brandon Birmingham tells a different story. An officer within the police department told the Dallas Morning News that the search warrant was written before Guyger was interviewed.

“An off-duty Dallas Police Officer, who was wearing a full Dallas Police uniform, was attempting to enter apartment number 1478, with a set of keys,” it says. “An unknown male, inside the apartment, confronted the officer at the door. A neighbor stated he heard an exchange of words, immediately followed by at least two gunshots.”

While the arrest warrant describes Jean as being “across the room,” the search warrant says he confronted Guyger at his door.

The Morning News reported that evidence found at the crime scene supports Guyger’s account that Jean was across the room when he was shot.
Amber Guyger’s arrest affidavit contradicts search warrant for Botham Jean’s apartment

They would have to be her belongings.

That's what I was thinking. But I find it odd that they are listed in the request for being granted a search warrant. There were 100's of items in the apartment like coffee cups, TV remote... I thought the point in listing items when requesting a SW was to persuade a judge to grant the request. In my understanding this is not an inventory list of all items.

Am I just not understanding things correctly?

Supposedly, there were multiple complaints by her and/or others. Guyger confronting Jean about noise seems to make the most sense out of all the theories tossed around. I imagine she got home ready to relax, then heard loud irritating noise from Jean's apartment. Guyger got fed up with it. So she decided to confront him while still wearing her full police uniform -- with deadly results. However, there's a nagging detail: Guyger parked on the wrong garage floor. This leads to the question: Do the tenants have assigned parking spaces?
Hi @mister happy ! Do you happen to have a link in re: the noise complaints? I may have missed it; but I'd really like to check it out. Thanks!

Another observation...

These are heavy, self closing, fire doors.

Even if the door was actually ajar (as in propped open because that's the only way that would work) simply placing the key in the lock could not possibly cause the door to open. These doors are designed to stay closed. The amount of force used to push a key into a lock is in no way enough needed to cause the door to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304