Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old did you have to be to drop out of school in Texas in 1980?

How were you able to find them? And what years did you check.

I’ve looked through the ones in Classmates, but not all the books are there. The 79 book for Aransas Pass HS, and the 80 book for Rockport HS are in Classmates, as are hundreds of books from schools in the surrounding communities.

But the WC Sheriff investigators went to all the schools in the area and looked through their yearbooks.

I'm still confused on where they found her. Is there an exact spot?

They say her was body was found in a culvert. Others report it wasn't in a culvert?

The truck driver threw her body out of the passenger side and she landed in the culvert?

I'm still confused on where they found her. Is there an exact spot?

They say her was body was found in a culvert. Others report it wasn't in a culvert?

The truck driver threw her body out of the passenger side and she landed in the culvert?

The bit about the culvert was incorrect. Someone must have been confusing her for Orange Socks, who was in a culvert.

I verified this with Detective Bean. He says that the exact spot where she was found is unknown because the topography and foliage has changed significantly since 1980. She was fairly close to highway, but the highway was only one lane in each direction in 1980. It has been widened to two lanes in each direction, so the spot where she was found is likely now covered by the pavement of the right-hand northbound lane.

He says his crime scene photos show no culvert, or any other landmarks that can reference her exact location to the highway as it appears today.

I remember a theory about her being a girl named "Kitty", featured on a documentary titled "Runaways", bearing a striking resemblance to the Jane Doe. I wonder if anyone has a copy or has screen shot this "Kitty" girl for reference.

I remember a theory about her being a girl named "Kitty", featured on a documentary titled "Runaways", bearing a striking resemblance to the Jane Doe. I wonder if anyone has a copy or has screen shot this "Kitty" girl for reference.
I saw a still frame from the movie and the girl they showed had on big sunglasses.

I just found a site with what looks like transcribed newspaper articles and information. It claims the scar was on her elbow not her eyebrow. Also that shoes were brown not red as I have seen stated elsewhere. No mention of a white sweater but that she was wearing a pullover with big pockets on it.

I just found a site with what looks like transcribed newspaper articles and information. It claims the scar was on her elbow not her eyebrow. Also that shoes were brown not red as I have seen stated elsewhere. No mention of a white sweater but that she was wearing a pullover with big pockets on it.
Do you have a link please?

The only surviving copy that we're aware of is held at Muhlenberg College Trexler Library and isn't eligible for interlibrary loan. Skepticalbear posted the clearest image awhile back.

The bit about the culvert was incorrect. Someone must have been confusing her for Orange Socks, who was in a culvert.

I verified this with Detective Bean. He says that the exact spot where she was found is unknown because the topography and foliage has changed significantly since 1980. She was fairly close to highway, but the highway was only one lane in each direction in 1980. It has been widened to two lanes in each direction, so the spot where she was found is likely now covered by the pavement of the right-hand northbound lane.

He says his crime scene photos show no culvert, or any other landmarks that can reference her exact location to the highway as it appears today.

Thank you!

A few have found it suspicious how the driver (who called the police) found WCJD's body.

But it wasn't hard to miss, since her body was close to the highway?

I wonder if there any photos of the highway from 1980.

All these cases are sad, but this one really tugs at my heart. Her post mortem pics really speak loudly to her last moments, and her youth is so disturbing.

I speculate she came from a broken home that could have cared less where she was, and she was most likely going to see an older sibling in jail. Maybe the only person who had ever cared about her in her short life.

Perhaps none of the prisoners recognized her because she had the wrong facility? What if the prisoner had been moved? I think that might be an angle to pursue.

I think whoever she was going to visit likely lied about it to keep from getting into trouble.
I agree, especially if she were meeting someone who worked there. That's what I'm leaning toward for two reasons:
1. If she were going to see a prisoner, he'd have nothing to lose by admitting he was expecting her, he obviously didn't kill her. Unless she was making a surprise visit and/or had never met the prisoner in person so he wouldn't recognize her, she would be missed by him. A prisoner would really have no reason to lie that I can think of, unless he lured her there, never expecting her to follow through.
2. She arrived in the area terribly late in the day to be expecting to visit a prisoner. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking even back then you just couldn't show up any time to visit, that you had to have clearance and be on a list, and show up during visiting hours.
But if she were meeting someone who worked the graveyard shift, that could explain the timing and would give whoever she was going to visit a reason to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769